20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg
bad_switch (resized).jpg
recherche switch (resized).jpg

There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I replaced all mine recently, but all the ones I either didn't use or took off are still in storage. I'm hoping to have my storage unit empty by the end of the month. If you don't have one by the end of June just shoot me a DM to remind me and I'll dig up the plastics for you.

Will do, thanks.

#2452 3 years ago

Scoot I wanted to post some pictures for you showing the steps of the led strip over the drop targets, couldn't figure out how to attach them in the message, hopefully these will better help explain what I did:

20200531_093549 (resized).jpg20200531_093549 (resized).jpg20200531_093556 (resized).jpg20200531_093556 (resized).jpg20200531_093805 (resized).jpg20200531_093805 (resized).jpg20200531_102139 (resized).jpg20200531_102139 (resized).jpg
#2453 3 years ago

I recently purchased a LAH that appears to be in mint condition. Unverified home use only. The guy claimed to buy home use only games, and Data East was low on the totem pole for him and needed to clear out some space. There are no serial numbers on any of the boards. No serial number stamped on the cabinet card. Play field is stamped manufactured Sept 8th 1993 and I have a stamped number 91094 on the front of the cabinet under the start button. Is this typical?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from BenMielke:

I recently purchased a LAH that appears to be in mint condition. Unverified home use only. The guy claimed to buy home use only games, and Data East was low on the totem pole for him and needed to clear out some space. There are no serial numbers on any of the boards. No serial number stamped on the cabinet card. Play field is stamped manufactured Sept 8th 1993 and I have a stamped number 91094 on the front of the cabinet under the start button. Is this typical?
[quoted image]

Mine does not have any numbers under the start button.

#2455 3 years ago

I bought new sling plastics from Marco and after a few days they are both broken. I use oversize lexan washers to protect the edges but that did not help. The plastic is very hard and rigid. I put the 27 year old ones back in. They are still bendable although a little yellowish from the old bulbs.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I bought new sling plastics from Marco and after a few days they are both broken. I use oversize lexan washers to protect the edges but that did not help. The plastic is very hard and rigid. I put the 27 year old ones back in. They are still bendable although a little yellowish from the old bulbs.

I soaked my plastics (all yellowed) in dawn dish soap and cool water, dried, then used Novus 2 and Novus 1 and they were restored to like-new beauty!

These really don't have to be torqued down too much either, just snug is enough...same goes for just about all of the screws/nuts for the plastics.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

I soaked my plastics (all yellowed) in dawn dish soap and cool water, dried, then used Novus 2 and Novus 1 and they were restored to like-new beauty!
These really don't have to be torqued down too much either, just snug is enough...same goes for just about all of the screws/nuts for the plastics.

I will try that. Thanks.

I never tighten the lock nuts too much. The new plastic is different than the old. Very hard and apparently brittle.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

That sucks!!

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

I used the Novus 2 and 1 with great results. I was surprised the Novus 2 cleaned the grime off. Still learning! Thanks for the tip.

#2461 3 years ago

Just joined the club today. Loving it so far!

#2462 3 years ago

Looking to see if anyone is holding on to a spare translite. Mine has water damage and figured alot of people have upgraded to the alt.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Looking to see if anyone is holding on to a spare translite. Mine has water damage and figured alot of people have upgraded to the alt.

im in the same boat been looking all day for an original thats not 100 dollars. if i find any on my end ill let you know

#2464 3 years ago

I just gave one away for free.....looks like I should have charged for it....lol

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

I added mine. If I was to do it again I would predrill the hole ever so slightly.

Do you know what the part number is? Or where to buy it? My LAH is also missing this metal post...

550774E5-CD62-40C0-80C2-A2FEACCF39A0 (resized).jpeg550774E5-CD62-40C0-80C2-A2FEACCF39A0 (resized).jpeg
#2466 3 years ago

I believe #530-5004-00 and a 7/16 O.D. rubber ring. The right side post is threaded with a t-nut. The screw part is fat and playfield divit small so if you try and force the screw in, the wood wants to buckle up cause it has nowhere else to go. Hence the pre drill comment.

#2467 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone could help with 2 questions I have as I just purchased a LAH.
- what size/type battery goes on the board which is at the upper right side of the backbox?

- how do you adjust the volume of the game?

The game I bought didn't have an owners manual. I am looking online to order one but just wanted to ask if anyone could help me with these questions.
I still have to read through this forum topic completely but there are quite few pages to catch up on.
Thank you!

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Wondering if anyone could help with 2 questions I have as I just purchased a LAH.
- what size/type battery goes on the board which is at the upper right side of the backbox?
- how do you adjust the volume of the game?
The game I bought didn't have an owners manual. I am looking online to order one but just wanted to ask if anyone could help me with these questions.
I still have to read through this forum topic completely but there are quite few pages to catch up on.
Thank you!

Manual available here: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Last+action+hero&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1416

Battery not sure off the top of my head check the schematics above.

Volume: open coin door and there is a metal rod to the right, that’s your volume

#2469 3 years ago

Get a pinsound and a HeadPhones Station.The Capn's mix is perfect and really improves the gameplay. Also: eliminates humming and noise, the pop when turning the machine on and off, and you can tweak the sound to your liking.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Get a pinsound and a HeadPhones Station.The Capn's mix is perfect and really improves the gameplay. Also: eliminates humming and noise, the pop when turning the machine on and off, and you can tweak the sound to your liking.

Confirmed stops the humming?? I’ve been on the fence on getting one of these due to cost but if it gets rid of the humming that might put me over the edge

#2471 3 years ago

Well, not the humming that comes directly from your power converter down in the cabinet. But it did eliminate all the noise from the backpanel speakers in both my SWDE and my LAH. Well worth it. Not to mention the fact that I added a pinsound shaker to my SWDE, but that's another story.

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Well, not the humming that comes directly from your power converter down in the cabinet. But it did eliminate all the noise from the backpanel speakers in both my SWDE and my LAH. Well worth it. Not to men tion the fact that I added a pinsound shaker to my SWDE, but that's another story.

interesting mine definitely has that "data east speaker hum" thats real loud, not the stadard attract mode humming, The obnoxious one lol. maybe now is the time to look into pinsound. Based on previous posts i need a specific data east power adapter correct? And do i "need" to swap the speakers?

#2473 3 years ago

You DO need the data east power booster, yes. No need to swap the speakers though, that's completely optional. Either way, pinsound does eliminate the typical DE speaker hum.

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Manual available here: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Last+action+hero&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1416
Battery not sure off the top of my head check the schematics above.
Volume: open coin door and there is a metal rod to the right, that’s your volume

Thank you !!!

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

You DO need the data east power booster, yes. No need to swap the speakers though, that's completely optional. But pinsound does eliminate the typical DE speaker hum.

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:You DO need the data east power booster, yes. No need to swap the speakers though, that's completely optional. Either way, pinsound does eliminate the typical DE speaker hum.

and just to clarify for those who have done this when you order the card and select the game the card does not come with it? I need to order that in addition?

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

what size/type battery goes on the board which is at the upper right side of the backbox?

NVRAM is plug and play on all Data East pins with 124 year retention rating. Gets rid of the batteries forever. https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#2478 3 years ago

and just to clarify for those who have done this when you order the card and select the game the card does not come with it? I need to order that in addition?

I am running the original pinsound board and did NOT buy the power booster. My system is running just fine. However I did fully replace the capacitors on my power supply when I first got the machine.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I am running the original pinsound board and did NOT buy the power booster. My system is running just fine. However I did fully replace the capacitors on my power supply when I first got the machine.

If it works for you, then that's great. Many others (including me) have experienced drop-outs and stutter with elevated volumes.The PowerBooster is not expensive and will ensure the problem won't arise, so it's money well spent.

#2480 3 years ago

You need a fast USB stick. Can be ordered from pinsound (10 bucks) or use your own. Once you have the board installed, you need to download a sound package matchign your system from pinsound (they're free), copy the file to the stick, plug the stick into the pinsound board and turn the machine on. Pinsound will unpack the file (takes forever!!!), then you're good to go.

#2481 3 years ago

I would concur that you absolutely need the power booster cables. I just installed a pinsound with headphone station and now I'm not getting enough 12v to run it properly. I just changed all the caps on the board which helped a little, but the sound still cuts out often. I just ordered the power booster and have to wait for it to arrive. Of course it might also be the fact that I have a few mods that use 12v...

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I would concur that you absolutely need the power booster cables. I just installed a pinsound with headphone station and now I'm not getting enough 12v to run it properly. I just changed all the caps on the board which helped a little, but the sound still cuts out often. I just ordered the power booster and have to wait for it to arrive. Of course it might also be the fact that I have a few mods that use 12v...

Timely post.... I also have the original pinsound, and hadn't played my LAH for a couple of months. When I played it last night, I noticed that every time the shaker motor went off, the sound would cut out, even though this has never been a problem before. I was just logging on to ask for a solution... Guess I need the power booster.

#2484 3 years ago

Super nice restoration and enhancements. Was wondering if you had a breakdown of cost and expenses. For instance, what did the yellow powder coating ended up costing you and where did you have it done? Did you have a budget in mind? Also, if you were to do it all over again, what would you do differently? I would love to hear your reflections.

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Super nice restoration and enhancements. Was wondering if you had a breakdown of cost and expenses. For instance, what did the yellow powder coating ended up costing you and where did you have it done? Did you have a budget in mind? Also, if you were to do it all over again, what would you do differently? I would love to hear your reflections.

Thank you. I can break down the costs for the items, but let it be known that the money I put into this machine will not be able to be returned when sold. No one would spend this much money on a LAH. lol. The powder coating was around $300 and done locally to me (the guy has retired since then). I ALWAYS have a budget. My budget really depends on if the game is a keeper or a flipper. This game is a keeper - so the budget was higher. Like I state in the video - a lot of the items have been purchased over the years. Not in one lump sum. The only thing I would do differently is I would have taken my time on the clear coating process. The job is good and does it's job, but it honestly isn't up to my usual standards.

#2486 3 years ago

I have also put up a video just now that gives those that are unfamiliar with using PinSound and the capn mix for this machine.

#2487 3 years ago

Nice mix. The only suggestion I would have is that AC/DC Big Gun should play a more prominent role in the mix. I didn't hear it and it is basically the theme song for the movie. Love Foo Fighters "There Goes My Hero" as part of the mix. An inspired add.

#2488 3 years ago

Big Guns is one of the main themes on the mix. Just not fully featured in the video.

#2489 3 years ago

Thought we are in a recession.....just saw a LAH on the market place for $4,100!!! Looks like a really nice example though, but the seller even points out that the magnet board is not working, which we all know can be a huge PITA.

#2490 3 years ago

I just added a movie theater in the back. I like the CzTV mods playing the movie in the background. All I added was the red curtain.

20200625_091932 (resized).jpg20200625_091932 (resized).jpg20200625_092314 (resized).jpg20200625_092314 (resized).jpg
#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Big Guns is one of the main themes on the mix. Just not fully featured in the video.

His mix is absolutely awesome. I've had it in my LAH for a while now, and it REALLY complements the gameplay. "Big Guns" is the main theme you hear when you're between modes, and you'll hear many other songs from the movie during the various modes. Also, he really managed to get the sound effects right, for instance the "Dynamite! *boom*" when you hit the lit screen. Highly recommended!

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Thought we are in a recession.....just saw a LAH on the market place for $4,100!!! Looks like a really nice example though, but the seller even points out that the magnet board is not working, which we all know can be a huge PITA.

Get a board from Pinball Life. $80. Done.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Get a board from Pinball Life. $80. Done.

$4180, a bargain.

#2494 3 years ago

I meant it was easy to fix the mag board.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I meant it was easy to fix the mag board.

I was just busting chops. I changed my magnet board, and the difference was night and day. Multiball is another level, lol.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I was just busting chops. I changed my magnet board, and the difference was night and day. Multiball is another level, lol.

Surely you jest!

#2497 3 years ago

Proud member of the LAH club here. I've owned it for about a year now with the 1.13 software; it's a game changer. Unfortunately, I have a switch issue that I can't seem to track down, though I'm not the best at these types of things:

The drop targets all work as they should, however when the C target is down, it gets re-triggered every time a coil fires (flippers, right scoop, left scoop, etc). I inspected the switch and its solder joints; doesn't look like it's shorting anywhere. Any ideas? It's not game-breaking or anything, but it's a bit silly that it's scoring extra points for no reason, y'know?

#2498 3 years ago

sounds like you just need to adjust the leaf switch. Might be barely touching the contacts and the vibrations from the shaker motor and coils are causing it to vibrate and register again and again.

#2499 3 years ago

Any advice for the crane. I feel like every month I have to adjust it so it doesn’t move away from the switch from the shaker motor.

#2500 3 years ago

Any advice for the crane. I feel like every month I have to adjust it so it doesn’t move away from the switch from the shaker motor.

Also while I’m at it mine seems to wobble a bit when moving, again due to the shaker motor. Not sure if this is normal.

TheCapn your mix finally put me over the edge and I ordered a pinsound card today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/50?hl=benmielke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.