20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 71.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Considering buying this pin. Which one is the tar pit ramp? The blue one on the left?

yes

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Considering buying this pin. Which one is the tar pit ramp? The blue one on the left?

yes

1 week later
#2353 4 years ago

I haven’t forgotten any of you, I’m still trying to manage this. Stuff is falling through the cracks though unfortunately doing the best I can! I really wanna see an end to this issue.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Yasha429:

So I know this has been a common problem with this game. The freakin' tar pit ramp is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I have a lead on someone willing to lend out a NOS tar pit ramp and a friend of a friend who can make reproductions of it. He says he'll make reproductions of it if he can get enough interest. I know personally I need one and I know others out there do as well. Reply to me with interest if you'd be willing to buy a tar pit ramp and maybe we can all finally get over the difficulty it takes to find this part.

interested

#2355 4 years ago

This used to be connected to the crane motor. Unfortunately it’s unclear what it exactly was. Can anyone make a picture of theirs and post It here? Thanks.

4835E68A-88F8-4528-B0FA-B5616726B173 (resized).jpeg4835E68A-88F8-4528-B0FA-B5616726B173 (resized).jpeg
#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This used to be connected to the crane motor. Unfortunately it’s unclear what it exactly was. Can anyone make a picture of theirs and post It here? Thanks.[quoted image]

It's a 0.1uf, 500V ceramic capacitor.

#2357 4 years ago

New to the LAH club. The magnets don't seem as strong as they were when I first got it. Like, maybe, only one or two magnets are working? Looked and no broken wires or anything that stands out. Any help on what to look for?
Fuses tested good. 3 amp the right size?

#2358 4 years ago

ohm your mags and see what your readings are. The magnet control board is usually total crap. may need a new one. You have the magnet test in the settings too.

#2359 4 years ago

I never quite understood the data east settings. Audits and adjustments but don't know see how to test the magnets?
Also would the wrong size fuse cause problems?

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I never quite understood the data east settings. Audits and adjustments but don't know see how to test the magnets?
Also would the wrong size fuse cause problems?

audits and adjustments is only half of the settings. You need to be in the DIAGNOSTICS settings. In order to enter into that setting you need to have the button that can stay down (forgive me I'm not at home to look what button it actually is) that button needs to be clicked in the downward position. Then push the settings button. You should then be in Diagnostics. Then you can unclick that button and proceed through what you want to diagnose.

#2361 4 years ago

Thanks. I think I found the problem. Looks like it’s missing the chip and, I guess, a heat shield? Any ideas what that black part is called and where to buy?

#2362 4 years ago

The heatsink? Like I said, these boards were prone to having issues. You may try your luck at an after market replacement. Chances are if that mosfet is missing with the heatsink you will have a burned out magnet. Ohm all your mags. If it failed once - it may fail again.

Here are another options:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-magnet-auxiliary-driver-board.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5068-01

#2363 4 years ago

Hi guys,
Excuse me for my English.
I’m looking for the parts in the pictures for my LAH. I need all 3 complete magnets and also the board.
I found the board also in Europe, but I can’t find all the whole magnets (also the cilinder inside the magnets and the mounting bracket).
Does Anyone have them?
If the international shipping is a problem, the parts can be shipped to Michigan.
Thanks

3A757513-A9B5-4AE9-A578-CE027B92DF43 (resized).jpeg3A757513-A9B5-4AE9-A578-CE027B92DF43 (resized).jpegDDD70CF6-109E-4214-9BBB-9BAA7AC0BC50 (resized).jpegDDD70CF6-109E-4214-9BBB-9BAA7AC0BC50 (resized).jpeg
#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

The heatsink? Like I said, these boards were prone to having issues. You may try your luck at an after market replacement. Chances are if that mosfet is missing with the heatsink you will have a burned out magnet. Ohm all your mags. If it failed once - it may fail again.
Here are another options:
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-magnet-auxiliary-driver-board.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5068-01

Thats crazy money for those boards, can completely rebuild and repair the original ones for about 10.00 worth of parts.

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Thanks. I think I found the problem. Looks like it’s missing the chip and, I guess, a heat shield? Any ideas what that black part is called and where to buy?

Ha, sounds familiar. My magnets seemed to not work, but I did a code update and blamed it on that. Then I noticed the the problem after I spotted the FET's and heatsinks in the bottom cabinet...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Don't know about the heatsink part number but the FET's are P20N10. I think Cap mentioned the magnets might be bad, causing the issue. Mine just broke free due to vibration. A little dab of silicone on the leads might help w/vibration. But don't get carried away - the heat sink needs air for cooling, so don't cover it up. The FET case style is a 'TO-220' if you google heatsinks. And it has to be the right style.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Thats crazy money for those boards, can completely rebuild and repair the original ones for about 10.00 worth of parts.

You have to remember your audience. If the guy doesn't know what those components are even called - do you think he can de-solder and replace with new parts? lol. Buying new is just an option - not the only fix.

1 week later
#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I installed a mosfet and magnet works fine. Now need a heat sink. Marco has 2 different heat sinks but not labeled for data east so not sure which I need. Any help much appreciated.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I installed a mosfet and magnet works fine. Now need a heat sink. Marco has 2 different heat sinks but not labeled for data east so not sure which I need. Any help much appreciated.

ebay.com link: i

Just a quick browse got me here. Just do some google on "Mosfet Heatsink". Bound to find something that will work.

#2369 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

ebay.com link
Just a quick browse got me here. Just do some google on "Mosfet Heatsink". Bound to find something that will work.

Adding to Cap's post: These look close too. And they have the tabs to go thru the PC board.

ebay.com link: 3 Aluminum HEATSINKS for TO 220 style package

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Adding to Cap's post: These look close too. And they have the tabs to go thru the PC board.
ebay.com link » 3 Aluminum Heatsinks For To 220 Style Package[quoted image]

Thanks it took a lot of searching to find the exact one, with the 3 prongs and slotted sides, but I think I found it. Waiting for it to come and make sure. Once it does and if it's the exact replacement I will post where I found it. Don't want send out wrong info it it's not right.

Added over 4 years ago:

Heat sink came in and a perfect match for the magnet board.
Found it at thepinballwizard.net only .65 but may want to order some other parts because the shipping is high.

#2371 4 years ago

Question, does anybody know the order of the magnets?
1) blue-vio magnet 1 --- top - left - right ?
2) blue-gry magnet 2 --- top - left - right ?
3) blue-wht magnet 3 --- top - left - right ?
4) fuse value?
Thanks.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Question, does anybody know the order of the magnets?
1) blue-vio magnet 1 --- top - left - right ?
2) blue-gry magnet 2 --- top - left - right ?
3) blue-wht magnet 3 --- top - left - right ?
4) fuse value?
Thanks.

The top left is purple no stripe. First fuse. Blue/purple?
The top right is purple dark stripe. Third fuse. Blue/gray?
The single on bottom is purple light stripe. Second fuse. Blue/white?
Fuses are 3 A slow blow.

#2373 4 years ago

@drummermike: Thank you.

1 week later
#2374 4 years ago

New to the LAH club
I've been skimming through to learn what I need to fix and what mods are available:
Fix:
Reflow solder on all boards - check
Remove battery – check
Tighten crane set screw with loc-tite – in progress
Protector for chicken/dynamite plastic – I’ll make a metal one
Mylar the Ticket on playfield – in progress
Update roms to 1.16 – in progress

Mod:
Alt translite – I want the “boot” one. Any U.S. suppliers?
Cliffys – in progress
Color DMD – Some day…
Pinsound – Some day…
Powder coat wireforms yellow - maybe?

Nice to have:
My topper is missing. Any used or repro available?

Any other suggestions or must-do’s?

#2375 4 years ago

ColorDMD and Pinsound are a MUST for the LAH - add a speaker upgrade and you have pure awesomeness.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

ColorDMD and Pinsound are a MUST for the LAH - add a speaker upgrade and you have pure awesomeness.

I’ll probably spring for the color display and pinsound.
For speaker upgrade, I usually go with an external subwoofer, because I already have several and It works well.

Any other suggestions or things I missed?

#2377 4 years ago

Use the Capn mix (from Pinsound website)

#2378 4 years ago

I have a 1.25 mix I'm working on in my spare time. I'll post that up here in the future. Not a lot of changes. Just some adjustments.

#2379 4 years ago

Super noob questions so go easy on me but I’m bored in quarantine and hoping for some help. So just picked up a lah yesterday and I’m in love had a few issues where the magnet and ripper laser wouldn’t work but replaced the f9 fuse and now both work

question I have these two flashers out (red and blue image attached) and I don’t think it’s the bulbs. Any advice where to look?
when I do a play field status I get crane left limit which I assume is normal as the crane is against the switch

Last question bottom row of DMD is fuzzy/doesn’t always display do I just need to replace or is there a fuse/connection I should check
Thanks in advance go easy on me!
805485A0-1A65-4E73-A231-C3F040D45F66 (resized).jpeg805485A0-1A65-4E73-A231-C3F040D45F66 (resized).jpegA0DCEC01-910C-43B2-857C-24C3B0CD78C8 (resized).jpegA0DCEC01-910C-43B2-857C-24C3B0CD78C8 (resized).jpeg

#2380 4 years ago

dmd i unplugged the ribbon cables and what not and its slightly better, probably at 95% so still open to suggestions.

My new issue after updating the eprom and soldering a few coils is the crane.

The crane moves on every ball at the start and sometimes parks in the middle of the playfield is this a result of the new code or is something off? thanks in advance

1 week later
#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

dmd i unplugged the ribbon cables and what not and its slightly better, probably at 95% so still open to suggestions.
My new issue after updating the eprom and soldering a few coils is the crane.
The crane moves on every ball at the start and sometimes parks in the middle of the playfield is this a result of the new code or is something off? thanks in advance

My crane does the same thing, running v1.12.

#2382 4 years ago

I made a separate post, but I'll add this here.

Can someone please post pics of the connectors/wiring to all boards in the head of a LAH?

I bought a game a few months ago that had to be transported with the head off. I'm just now getting to it. It worked when I bought it, but now no flippers, the PPB board is frying 5A fuses on power up and a couple of coils are staying "on" when a game is coined up.

I don't know how I could connect the boards wrong because the pins are all pretty specific, but I clearly have done something wrong on my end.

Thanks for the help.

#2383 4 years ago

Not sure what exactly yr looking for but here r pics before I pulled all my boards

5694EB7D-4ED0-4E43-A3CC-D250CF047960 (resized).jpeg5694EB7D-4ED0-4E43-A3CC-D250CF047960 (resized).jpeg5AA4DFC7-AFC0-45AE-A943-F18A4CF6ADC8 (resized).jpeg5AA4DFC7-AFC0-45AE-A943-F18A4CF6ADC8 (resized).jpeg
#2384 4 years ago

Thanks. I found a connector that wasn't in correctly. But I still have no GI and while the game will play, it will burn out fuses on the PBB board pretty quickly. I'm going to try to figure out the schematics to figure where the power traces back for the GI.

I'm good a cosmetic stuff and basic soldering (cab repairs, playfield repairs, paint, etc.). Electronics and troubleshooting aren't my strong suit. With all the downtime from quarantine, I'm going to learn. I have most of the stuff necessary, so I'm optimistic.

#2385 4 years ago

The bolt that holds my LAH crane on the post has been snapped off since I have had the pin.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The bolt that holds my LAH crane on the post has been snapped off since I have had the pin.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Drill it out with a bit that has a diameter that doesn't touch the threading. Then take a tap and re-thread the opening and replace with a new hex bolt.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Drill it out with a bit that has a diameter that doesn't touch the threading. Then take a tap and re-thread the opening and replace with a new hex bolt.

Thanks. I will try that.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Finally after many years of working around it, I got the crane out. I drilled the broken bolt out and rethreaded the hole.
I managed to get the diverter off also. Now I get the ramps out.

Thanks robotron911!

#2389 4 years ago

Got seven NOS plastics from pinsnob. Waiting for more parts from Pinball Life.

20200416_080034 (resized).jpg20200416_080034 (resized).jpg20200416_145845 (resized).jpg20200416_145845 (resized).jpg
#2390 4 years ago

Mirror blades look very nice on that machine.

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Mirror blades look very nice on that machine.

Thanks. I took them out of the LOTR when I got it and put in side art. I like side art and LAH has none available.

I like the black mirror but they cost a lot more.

#2392 4 years ago

There is LAH sideart available. It's basically a bunch of dynamite.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/last-action-hero-dynamite-pinball-sideblades/

The guy in South America has designed some to, but I don't know if it's for sale and I don't think it really fits the theme.

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60429436

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

There is LAH sideart available. It's basically a bunch of dynamite.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/last-action-hero-dynamite-pinball-sideblades/
The guy in South America has designed some to, but I don't know if it's for sale and I don't think it really fits the theme.
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60429436

I did not know that. I do not like them so the mirrors are good! Thanks.

#2394 4 years ago

Fixed some cracks in the ramp while it is out. I save pieces of plastic for repairs.

20200417_101003 (resized).jpg20200417_101003 (resized).jpg20200417_101015 (resized).jpg20200417_101015 (resized).jpg
#2395 4 years ago

Is anyone actively producing alternate translites? I'm not a huge fan of the original and I know I'm not the only one.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Is anyone actively producing alternate translites? I'm not a huge fan of the original and I know I'm not the only one.

Here is one:

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/last-action-hero-alternate-translite.html

Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-25-03-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-17-23-25-03-1 (resized).png
#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Ebay has this one.

Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-23-55 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-17-23-23-55 (resized).png
#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Ebay has this one.[quoted image]

Yuck.

#2399 4 years ago

Agreed, lol. I do like the other one though. Thanks Krh13!

#2400 4 years ago

LAH back together. All new plastics except slings. New return lane guides, magnet driver board and silicone rings.

Crane and ramp diverter release bolts fixed. Playfield cleaned.

20200418_162219 (resized).jpg20200418_162219 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.