20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 71.
#2251 4 years ago

How do I post a video?

never mind.....googles it .
here is the video:

#2252 4 years ago

That pitch on the crane or machine is high. That ball seems to fly onto and off of it really quickly.

#2253 4 years ago

Crane too high, tar pit too low.

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

That pitch on the crane or machine is high. That ball seems to fly onto and off of it really quickly.

Quoted from vec-tor:

Crane too high, tar pit too low.

Ok, which one of these two. Pitch of the game can be adjusted. Crane too high....don't think so. If it would be lower (I tried), it won't make it onto the VUK bracket to receive the ball. Tar pit too low....sure, how in the world do I get it higher though. It is connected to the wire ramp below.

#2255 4 years ago

It looks to me like the post(stops ball) sticking up through blue ramp is too short. Mine looks a little higher.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2256 4 years ago

Here is mine. My problem is the opposite. Need to find a way to slightly heat and flatten the divot left side. After pin stops it , it will rest there when to be released.

20191110_164225 (resized).jpg20191110_164225 (resized).jpg20191110_164411 (resized).jpg20191110_164411 (resized).jpg
#2257 4 years ago

Anyone know we’re yo buy the blue ramp?

1385331C-873A-43B0-A00C-FE58C76D8096 (resized).jpeg1385331C-873A-43B0-A00C-FE58C76D8096 (resized).jpeg
#2258 4 years ago

Yes, those all look a lot higher than mine. No idea how to make it any longer, it is all riveted together.
As for the blue ramp. I had reached out to Freeplay40, but got really busy the weekend we were supposed to discuss this further. Kind of dropped the ball on it.
Might have to reach out to him again if he would be willing to put it on his list for reproductions. I have seen used ones go for over $300 which is insane for a game that is still to be had for $2k.

#2259 4 years ago

I bought another LAH machine JUST to swap out my tar pit for a better version. That's how common they are to find. lol.

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Yes, those all look a lot higher than mine. No idea how to make it any longer, it is all riveted together.
As for the blue ramp. I had reached out to Freeplay40, but got really busy the weekend we were supposed to discuss this further. Kind of dropped the ball on it.
Might have to reach out to him again if he would be willing to put it on his list for reproductions. I have seen used ones go for over $300 which is insane for a game that is still to be had for $2k.

Ya let’s get them made please

#2261 4 years ago

Man I have a nos tar pit. I should let it go with these prices.

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Man I have a nos tar pit. I should let it go with these prices.

I'm sure we'd all love if you could let someone like Freeplay40 borrow it so they can make a reproduction. If you'd rather sell it, I'd be interested in buying it in order to provide it to a ramp maker.

#2263 4 years ago

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
Thanks

#2264 4 years ago

Does anyone have a diagram of the ball lock assembly under the tar pit? The manual seems to overlook it for some reason. I'm trying to build a new one, but I don't really want to gut the old one as someone did a semi-reasonable job riveting it together and I just assume keep it as a spare. I would settle for a list of part numbers since there are several parts involved in addition to the locking assembly. Thanks!

Added over 4 years ago:

Another note: If someone has an old tar pit ramp that's destroyed beyond use but still has all the working parts attached, message me.

#2265 4 years ago

Hi all, I had written a post about crane issues 4 yrs ago but I guess it's hard for other folks to find it.....long story short, if you're having an issue with crane releasing the balls before it reaches the blue ramp you may have a weak BR on the power supply. I can't tell you how many hours I spent adjusting that damn crane..before a pinsider told he had given up on the crane fix too but he had a reset issue so he changed the Bridge Rectifier DB1 on the power supply, after the BR replacement the crane started to work perfectly.....I took his tip and changed mine and bingo worked for me too.

#2266 4 years ago

Looking for a replacement Apron, mine has a busted stand-off so you can no longer use the apron to pull up the playfield.

#2267 4 years ago

I had a data east apron that did this. I used a two part epoxy to reattach the stand off. Has held up great.

#2268 4 years ago

Hey everybody! I'm new here, I just joined the club last week by picking up LAH as my first pin...ever! Woot!
I had been looking for an older EM, but came across a deal I couldn't pass up!

I first had to take the liberty of setting the custom message, an homage to Mr. S

Over the last week, I've been doing my best do figure out all of the switches and lights and fuses that need to be replaced.
Lucky for me, the majority of the switches seem to be functioning, but I do have a few that stay "high" in diagnostics.

So far, I've replaced the lock and cam cylinder on the coin door. I didn't believe it when I read about tools to bring, but I did indeed need a drill when picking up this pin, the owner had lost the coin door keys...oh well! I also cleaned and waxed the accessible area of the play field, although I intend to do a full strip and shop over the next several weeks...but I can't keep my wife off the machine while we wait for parts!

While I was cleaning the PF, I managed to side swipe and snap the 'N' drop target, so a new set of drop targets was ordered.
Also went ahead and put in for all new fuses, decals, rubbers, and e-mailed Cliffy's earlier today for some scoop protectors and fancy red post sleeves.
Speaking of, does anyone know the best place (US) to order the 1/2" post sleeves from? I found these, but wasn't certain I'm willing to wait on the postage:
https://scandinavianpinball.com/product/3-8-post-sleeve-de-sega-stern-19/
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Once I get the fuses all replaced, I intend to plan and order LEDs and whatever switches are found to be bad...this is a process, huh?

Speaking of switches, the only feature that doesn't seem to function correctly is the M-BALL. I've read a few posts concerning the M-BALL function and seen where a few people have the issue of the M-BALL not counting balls correctly and I wonder if it is a similar fix for my issue. Whenever M-BALL is started, the center left scoop holds the ball that was in play and then...sometimes (so intermittent something) it launches one additional ball into play, sometimes none, and never 2. From what I've read in the manual, I should see at least 2 additional balls launching for M-BALL, putting a total of 3 in play, correct?

Also, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I know I'm missing the cash box, but I'm not certain if I have all of the parts on the back of the coin door to feed the cash box, can someone take a few pics of the inside of their coin door and cash box? I'd appreciate it greatly!

20191113_205735 (resized).jpg20191113_205735 (resized).jpg
#2269 4 years ago

I think Pinball Life has color post sleeves from Perfect Play.

#2270 4 years ago

Titan Pinball has all the silicone rubber you will need. I got my rubbers from Titan for my LAH. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think Pinball Life has color post sleeves from Perfect Play.

Pinball Life definitely has a ton of stuff...wow! But I only found the 1/2" sleeve posts in black :,(

But Titan has them, thank you both for the references!

#2272 4 years ago

I eliminated the short post rubbers under the rings. I think it looks better with just the ring. The ball can't hit the rubber below the ring anyway.

#2273 4 years ago

Found a local place to get the VUK ramp and the other 2 wire mold pieces blasted and powder coated...what yellow did y'all use for yours? Did you bring the crane in to have them try and match it?

#2274 4 years ago

Also...forgive me I am flooding this thread and will continue to do so...I have a lamp layout from the manual, but I know it's missing some lights...can anyone point me to a more complete diagram? I know this is, at the very least, missing the VUK ramp light and the light over Arnold on the left ramp.
Although I did find some of those and a few more lights noted as "Lite Cover [Color]" on the Parts Identification page, I still don't see the bulb for the ticket and that makes me think I am missing others.

I also fail to see where, even though it is listed, any #906 Bulbs are located; did they just list that part number generically?

I'd also appreciate any feedback on my color choices, the light blue is for Cool White and light yellow is for Warm White, other colors are self explanatory.
Are the Ripper lights on the apron yellow or red in your machine? Mine are currently yellow, but I noticed they are supposed to be red originally. I know it is all up to taste and preference, just looking for ideas. Thanks!

LAH_Lighting (resized).pngLAH_Lighting (resized).pngLAH_Lighting_More (resized).pngLAH_Lighting_More (resized).png
1 week later
#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Hey everybody! I'm new here, I just joined the club last week by picking up LAH as my first pin...ever! Woot!

How's the 'ticket' on the playfield, any wear?

#2276 4 years ago

Got my blades

7961610F-E977-468E-8F42-A110F727B7AD (resized).jpeg7961610F-E977-468E-8F42-A110F727B7AD (resized).jpeg
#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How's the 'ticket' on the playfield, any wear?

Could be worse:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2278 4 years ago

Restoration is going well, despite the manual and its grand lack of accurate information...can anyone identify this part? I pulled one bent one out and need to find a replacement..that's a 1/4" nut, that is part of the hardware piece. Total 2" in length:

#2279 4 years ago

Restoration is going well, despite the manual and its grand lack of accurate information...can anyone identify this part? I pulled one bent one out and need to find a replacement..that's a 1/4" nut, that is part of the hardware piece. Total 2" in length:[quoted image]

Sorry I don't know. but you can just straighten it....it looks ok, put it in a vice and tap it with a hammer.

#2280 4 years ago

Restoration is going well, despite the manual and its grand lack of accurate information...can anyone identify this part? I pulled one bent one out and need to find a replacement..that's a 1/4" nut, that is part of the hardware piece. Total 2" in length:[quoted image]

Pinball life has those I just ordered a few for my LAH

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Got my blades[quoted image]

Pictures installed please

#2282 4 years ago

Could be worse:[quoted image]

Reason I ask is because that's a sore spot w/respect to wear. There's a gent (in Canada) on Pinside that makes a very nice ticket decal. I got one, looked perfect.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Reason I ask is because that's a sore spot w/respect to wear. There's a gent (in Canada) on Pinside that makes a very nice ticket decal. I got one, looked perfect.

Ah yes, we have ordered a ticket decal from him, just waiting on shipping. You can see where someone already attempted, and poorly at that, to fill the ball trail and repaint. I'll be refilling and sanding the area evenly before applying the new ticket decal

#2284 4 years ago

Ah yes, we have ordered a ticket decal from him, just waiting on shipping. You can see where someone already attempted, and poorly at that, to fill the ball trail and repaint. I'll be refilling and sanding the area evenly before applying the new ticket decal

I happened to have a before/after ticket pic. The guy really did a great job.

Here's a tip that I think was mentioned in the one of the LAH threads somewhere...trim the paper to help alignment.

#2285 4 years ago

Got a set of cliffys,still sealed,see ad for details,thanks

20191118_191504 (resized).jpg20191118_191504 (resized).jpg
#2286 4 years ago

Anyone selling a set of plastics? Really only need the out lane plastics, the one over the scoops and the one on the upper right. thanks in advance.

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I happened to have a before/after ticket pic. The guy really did a great job.
Here's a tip that I think was mentioned in the one of the LAH threads somewhere...trim the paper to help alignment.
[quoted image]

Wow, looks great! May I ask if you needed to sand down around the ticket or fill that ball trail? Did the decal create any lip on the play field?

Thanks!

#2288 4 years ago

I just picked one up yesterday and when I got home it wouldn’t boot? Didn’t have any time to reseat plugs but any ideas of were to start?

#2289 4 years ago

it worked when I picked it up and it does try and boot but know DMD.....

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

it worked when I picked it up and it does try and boot but know DMD.....

Sounds like its time to check/reseat plugs. After that, I'd bust out my multi-meter and get to checking voltage/continuity.

#2291 4 years ago

Always check the fuses!

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Didn’t have any time to reseat plugs but any ideas of were to start?

Reseating the plugs and checking fuses is where I would start from.

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Reseating the plugs and checking fuses is where I would start from.

Hm...also look for burnt connectors or components on the boards, I pulled this lovely beast out over the weekend:

#2295 4 years ago

Reseated the plugs and she fired up! Now time for a deep cleaning, it’s been sitting for 15 years but I think it’s a real nice example.
Thanks all

#2296 4 years ago

Wow, looks great! May I ask if you needed to sand down around the ticket or fill that ball trail? Did the decal create any lip on the play field?
Thanks!

Nope! Never even thought of filling the wear spot.

Just slapped it on (after cleaning the PF). LAH is 'home use' and I bet it was 2 years ago that I installed. Doesn't look any different than the day I installed and you'd never ever spot it was a decal.

It's about as thick as any other quality decal. And the ball is usually traveling fast in that area - so not an issue affecting play. For comparison, not nearly as thick as a Cliffy protector. Just guessing - about as thick as photo paper for a printer.

I bet I fretted for two weeks about screwing up the install. Just trim the backing paper, eyeball to get a feel of positioning, peel and install. I can't remember what edge I used as a reference, but likely one of the long sides. Don't recall if I peeled all the backer paper off at once or if peeled a bit off, then pulled off more as I positioned more. In the end, it was easy peasy. Two weeks of worry, about 30 secs of install, LOL.

#2297 4 years ago

So I know this has been a common problem with this game. The freakin' tar pit ramp is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I have a lead on someone willing to lend out a NOS tar pit ramp and a friend of a friend who can make reproductions of it. He says he'll make reproductions of it if he can get enough interest. I know personally I need one and I know others out there do as well. Reply to me with interest if you'd be willing to buy a tar pit ramp and maybe we can all finally get over the difficulty it takes to find this part.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from Yasha429:

He says he make reproductions of it if he can get enough interest. I know personally I need one and I know others out there do as well. Reply to me with interest if you'd be willing to buy a tar pit ramp and maybe we can all finally get over the difficulty it takes to find this part.

Everyone one that frequents this thread would be in for a new Swamp ramp shouldn't be any issues with getting enough interest as long as the price is line with what other reproduction ramps sell for, at the same time maybe have him look at making the other plastic clear ramp for the same game I know there are quite a few of those that also have damage or cracking.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Everyone one that frequents this thread would be in for a new Swamp ramp shouldn't be any issues with getting enough interest as long as the price is line with what other reproduction ramps sell for, at the same time maybe have him look at making the other plastic clear ramp for the same game I know there are quite a few of those that also have damage or cracking.

Yeah I know that (myself included with regard to looking for the ramp) but I think he's looking more for a concrete number than just general interest or someone just saying "yeah I need one". I assume his price wouldn't be crazy either. Even if people have got an intact one it couldn't hurt to have a spare since they're so tough to find.

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from Yasha429:

Even if people have got an intact one it couldn't hurt to have a spare since they're so tough to find.

I'm one of those people. Interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/46?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.