IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg

There are 3,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 71.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Somethings wrong there man,that music is for when your in the cat millions mode,shouldnt ever start a ball with that music and thank god thats not the only track,not sure whats going on but def a problem

Good to know, I'll track it down. It seems to be intermittent now that I'm paying attention to it. I saw someone in the thread mention audio issues related to the voltage going to the sound board, so I'll check that tomorrow. I also seem to be running old code so I'll burn new eproms as well, just in case it's a bad rom.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Good to know, I'll track it down. It seems to be intermittent now that I'm paying attention to it. I saw someone in the thread mention audio issues related to the voltage going to the sound board, so I'll check that tomorrow. I also seem to be running old code so I'll burn new eproms as well, just in case it's a bad rom.

Sounds like a good place to start,keep us posted

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

epetitive or is there a setting I need to change?

Check the gray ribbon cable between the cpu board and the sound board. Might just need to be reseated or it could have a bad connection.

#2204 4 years ago

Can someone take a pic behind crane ? What is this post for ? Seems to be something missing

IMG_20190916_192027 (resized).jpgIMG_20190916_192027 (resized).jpg
#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This needs to be sent off for reproductions. Marco can do this right? Aside from this being unobtainable and making a huge profit - do something good for the hobby and look into seeing if this can be reproduced.

If we want something to be reproduced our only shot would be if all of us start going over to Freeplay's thread and start requesting that he do some for LAH. Someone would also need to provide him with a donor ramp that he could use to make a mold from. The more of us that go over there and post a request the better our chances are.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from a1max1:

Can someone take a pic behind crane ? What is this post for ? Seems to be something missing[quoted image]

Mine has nothing there. May be the wrong post. I would put a nut on it and you are done.

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

If we want something to be reproduced our only shot would be if all of us start going over to Freeplay's thread and start requesting that he do some for LAH. Someone would also need to provide him with a donor ramp that he could use to make a mold from. The more of us that go over there and post a request the better our chances are.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

Done!

Everyone else chime in on the thread. We need to show that there is a demand!

#2208 4 years ago

No post on mine. Wonder if DE intended to put a spot back there at one time. Post is kind of long for that tho.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine has nothing there. May be the wrong post. I would put a nut on it and you are done.

can you post a pic of yours ? is there just a nut on it ?

#2210 4 years ago
587AC443-B339-4870-ADB4-AAB4FBEEA534 (resized).jpeg587AC443-B339-4870-ADB4-AAB4FBEEA534 (resized).jpeg
#2211 4 years ago

Mine looks like embryonjohn's photo. Mine has a screw under the plastic. The screw is not holding down the plastic.

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine looks like embryonjohn's photo. Mine has a screw under the plastic. The screw is not holding down the plastic.

Ditto here, but I don't know what's underneath.

#2213 4 years ago

weird - maybe its just the wrong post then and its just supposed to be a cap on it

#2214 4 years ago

Kids figured out how to beat my high score

#2215 4 years ago

Does anyone have issues with the right outlane draining constantly? Like 80% of the time when I launch the ball it will bounce off one of the CRANE targets and go straight into the right outlane. I'm debating on putting in a weaker coil or a larger star post on that drain.

#2216 4 years ago

Is your game level?

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is your game level?

Yep, I've checked numerous times and it's perfectly flat across. Currently I have the pitch set to 7.2 to see if that would stop the drains, it made it a bit less frequent but I still feel like the ball bounces straight into the right outlane far more often than it should.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Thanks! I spent a bit of time last night fixing some stuff up on it.

Great job! I still like LAH (although mine is gone) and I love seeing my ticket out in the wild! I wish that we had a list by city of those who purchased it over the last couple of years.

Maybe I will find another LAH fairly local at some point.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great job! I still like LAH (although mine is gone) and I love seeing my ticket out in the wild! I wish that we had a list by city of those who purchased it over the last couple of years.
Maybe I will find another LAH fairly local at some point.

Thanks! Mine actually came with the replacement ticket, is definitely better than the original.

Anyways, I do think I've addressed the drains, at least a bit. I switched coil pulse to low, and replaced the outlane posts with full size star posts. I also fixed my scoop wear and put new protectors on, though unfortunately after one game the left protector has a dent in it already :[, oh well.

(sorry that the pictures came out a little blurry.)
20190922_181535 (resized).jpg20190922_181535 (resized).jpg20190922_184302 (resized).jpg20190922_184302 (resized).jpg

#2220 4 years ago

Have your ticket Longisland NY

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Yep, I've checked numerous times and it's perfectly flat across. Currently I have the pitch set to 7.2 to see if that would stop the drains, it made it a bit less frequent but I still feel like the ball bounces straight into the right outlane far more often than it should.

Yes, I've had the same problem,
I've messed with the leveling and pitch and improved the problem, but yes, still happens, especially during the start of a multi-ball, which is particularly frustrating!

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Yes, I've had the same problem,
I've messed with the leveling and pitch and improved the problem, but yes, still happens, especially during the start of a multi-ball, which is particularly frustrating!

I ended up putting full sized star posts on the outlanes, that helped a ton. I also installed a 7/16 rubber on the mini post on the right outlane. I'm actually considering taking that out and installing a slightly larger post in place of it too.

20190922_143258 (resized).jpg20190922_143258 (resized).jpg
#2223 4 years ago

Are there any detailed shop out photos please, I am putting mine back together and cannot find my photos

#2224 4 years ago

It took tons of pics when I redid my playfield. Would that help?

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

It took tons of pics when I redid my playfield. Would that help?

Thanks, that would be great please

#2226 4 years ago

I‘ll send you a PM with a link to my dropbox

#2227 4 years ago

For those using cliffy protectors at the three scoops, do you have trouble hitting the shots? Are you using actual cliffy brand protectors or the cheaper set from ebay?

My playfield has the usual wear at each scoop. I filled the scoops and installed the cheaper ebay protectors. With the protectors installed, I am having a hard time hitting the scoops directly. I had previously read about LAH owners removing protectors as it made the shots incredibly difficult to make.

Just curious what others have been experiencing or if there are any possible solutions.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

For those using cliffy protectors at the three scoops, do you have trouble hitting the shots? Are you using actual cliffy brand protectors or the cheaper set from ebay?
My playfield has the usual wear at each scoop. I filled the scoops and installed the cheaper ebay protectors. With the protectors installed, I am having a hard time hitting the scoops directly. I had previously read about LAH owners removing protectors as it made the shots incredibly difficult to make.
Just curious what others have been experiencing or if there are any possible solutions.

I have Cliffy,s on all 3 scoops. The left dynamite scoop broke as I did not repair the damage first. Cliff made a new one for me and I put it in after fixing the pf. The dynamite hole is the only one that is slightly harder to make. I think it is worth keeping on and missing a few shots.

#2229 4 years ago

Finally added pinsound board along with the power adapter - running the Capn sound bytes - wow what a difference

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Finally added pinsound board along with the power adapter - running the Capn sound bytes - wow what a difference

I know, right? Capn's mix is the bomb! Did you do the speaker upgrade as well? Definitely an additional improvement. I also have the HeadPhones station installed so I can crank up the volume when I'm home alone.

#2231 4 years ago

Yes I did the speaker upgrade but not the headphones - the data east power booster made a huge difference to the overall sound quality and performance

1 week later
#2232 4 years ago

If anybody has an original translite insert that they want to sell or trade against the alternate one from ministry of pinball, please let me know. Screwed up my original one and got the alternate, but not a big fan of it.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Yes I did the speaker upgrade but not the headphones - the data east power booster made a huge difference to the overall sound quality and performance

Help! I added the Pinsound board and the Capn mix last evening - just the board, no power booster and no upgrade to the speakers. The sound is dissapointing - it's actually worse than before

It's distorted, tinny and hard to understand - not clear at all (BTW, love the new mix!)

A few questions:
Will upgrading speakers in head a cab make any difference?
Will adding the booster (or hacking the game to deliver the proper voltage) make a difference?
How do you "best" connect a subwoofer ... I added one via the RCA outs and, again, not impressed (and I have 10 other subs in my GR to comp to)
IMG_6372 (resized).JPGIMG_6372 (resized).JPG

#2234 4 years ago

The power booster makes a world of difference - once I installed the booster the Capn's mix was clear and my sound issues went away - I was concerned that the usb stick I used may have been an issue but after the booster I did not even have to upgrade the usb stick. The booster is the easiest and cheapest fix - less than 5 minutes and you will know if this fixes your problem.

#2235 4 years ago

Agree - you NEED the power booster for any DE pin. Solved the issue on both my LAH and my SW.

#2236 4 years ago

My LAH just started doing something weird. Every time I shoot the left ramp, it plays the death save sound when the ramp entrance switch is activated. Went into switch test and only the ramp entry switch registers when activated so not sure what could be going on. Any ideas?

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

The power booster makes a world of difference - once I installed the booster the Capn's mix was clear and my sound issues went away - I was concerned that the usb stick I used may have been an issue but after the booster I did not even have to upgrade the usb stick. The booster is the easiest and cheapest fix - less than 5 minutes and you will know if this fixes your problem.

Quoted from oradke:

Agree - you NEED the power booster for any DE pin. Solved the issue on both my LAH and my SW.

Thanks guys ... I saw in an earlier part of this thread that you can "hack" deliver the necessary/correct voltage - same as the booster
Anyone try that?

1 week later
#2238 4 years ago

What causes the crane to randomly start moving during play?

Just recently mine will randomly travel to the other side and then back. In test mode, the crane will travel to each end and trigger each switch with no issue.

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Holy cow!

Quoted from oradke:

Double holy cow!!
You guys were so right. Just played a game after installing the power cable from the Pinsound guys. It's like a different game and the sound is freaking awesome!!
Wow, just blown away, Capn mix is stunning - now I need to upgrade cabinet and backbox speakers
Any suggestions?

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

What causes the crane to randomly start moving during play?
Just recently mine will randomly travel to the other side and then back. In test mode, the crane will travel to each end and trigger each switch with no issue.

Maybe a ball search?

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Maybe a ball search?

Thanks for the reply. I had this thought as well but the game does not cycle through any of the other coils.

#2242 4 years ago

So I am finally getting to fixing a couple issues on my LAH. One thing that has been bothering me since I got it a couple years ago is how the crane drops the ball into the tar pit ramp. The crane hovers about 1/2" above the ramp, so when the ball drops in, it has a lot of velocity which causes it to jump over the stop coil and it just roles out instead of staying in the tar pit.
I checked the crane, and tried to lower it, but the shaft has a stop ring on it. I even took that off and lowered the crane, but it would be too low for the upper VUK and won't move into position on the VUK to receive the ball anymore. I looked at the tar pit ramp, but it does not seem like it could be raised?
Any idea?

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

So I am finally getting to fixing a couple issues on my LAH. One thing that has been bothering me since I got it a couple years ago is how the crane drops the ball into the tar pit ramp. The crane hovers about 1/2" above the ramp, so when the ball drops in, it has a lot of velocity which causes it to jump over the stop coil and it just roles out instead of staying in the tar pit.
I checked the crane, and tried to lower it, but the shaft has a stop ring on it. I even took that off and lowered the crane, but it would be too low for the upper VUK and won't move into position on the VUK to receive the ball anymore. I looked at the tar pit ramp, but it does not seem like it could be raised?
Any idea?

Post a side pic of your crane in the resting postion above the tar pit for comparison to others, please.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Post a side pic of your crane in the resting postion above the tar pit for comparison to others, please.

20191106_183559 (resized).jpg20191106_183559 (resized).jpg20191106_182643.jpg20191106_182643.jpg
#2245 4 years ago

Looks like your positioning is on par with mine. My only other thought would be that your games back legs are up too high. I can't recall a ball ever bouncing over the lock mech - especially being a common issue. Unless your lock mech isn't as high as needed. Which I don't think there is an adjustment for that - so more than likely isn't the issue.

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Looks like your positioning is on par with mine. My only other thought would be that your games back legs are up too high. I can't recall a ball ever bouncing over the lock mech - especially being a common issue. Unless your lock mech isn't as high as needed. Which I don't think there is an adjustment for that - so more than likely isn't the issue.

Back legs to high....huh....I thought my game was already playing slow....The level on the playfield is useless, according to that I would have to make it even steeper (higher in the back). Anybody a good idea of how to get the correct pitch on the playfield?

#2247 4 years ago

Anybody a good idea of how to get the correct pitch on the playfield?

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/pinguy/id782973821

#2248 4 years ago

Back legs to high....huh....I thought my game was already playing slow....The level on the playfield is useless, according to that I would have to make it even steeper (higher in the back). Anybody a good idea of how to get the correct pitch on the playfield?

I had to put 30.5 inch legs on the back and 28.5" on the front. I couldn't get mine anywhere near a 6.5 pitch otherwise.

#2249 4 years ago

I'm just trying to call out any possibility of cause to your problem. Doubtful that the pitch is the issue, but if possible could you post a small video of it doing this issue?

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm just trying to call out any possibility of cause to your problem. Doubtful that the pitch is the issue, but if possible could you post a small video of it doing this issue?

Will shoot a video on the weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 3,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/45?hl=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.