Topic Stats

• 2,231 posts
  • 252 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Birdnest
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 528 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190922_143258 (resized).jpg
20190922_184302 (resized).jpg
20190922_181535 (resized).jpg
587AC443-B339-4870-ADB4-AAB4FBEEA534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190916_192027 (resized).jpg
20190913_000300 (resized).jpg
20190913_201130 (resized).jpg
20190913_210422 (resized).jpg
20190913_212023 (resized).jpg
20190914_003437 (resized).jpg
20190908_181104 (resized).jpg
20190908_172433 (resized).jpg
20190908_181059 (resized).jpg
20190826_070552 (resized).jpg
20190826_070520 (resized).jpg
20190826_070514 (resized).jpg

There are 2231 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.
#2201 31 days ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Somethings wrong there man,that music is for when your in the cat millions mode,shouldnt ever start a ball with that music and thank god thats not the only track,not sure whats going on but def a problem

Good to know, I'll track it down. It seems to be intermittent now that I'm paying attention to it. I saw someone in the thread mention audio issues related to the voltage going to the sound board, so I'll check that tomorrow. I also seem to be running old code so I'll burn new eproms as well, just in case it's a bad rom.

#2202 31 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Good to know, I'll track it down. It seems to be intermittent now that I'm paying attention to it. I saw someone in the thread mention audio issues related to the voltage going to the sound board, so I'll check that tomorrow. I also seem to be running old code so I'll burn new eproms as well, just in case it's a bad rom.

Sounds like a good place to start,keep us posted

#2203 31 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

epetitive or is there a setting I need to change?

Check the gray ribbon cable between the cpu board and the sound board. Might just need to be reseated or it could have a bad connection.

#2204 29 days ago

Can someone take a pic behind crane ? What is this post for ? Seems to be something missing

IMG_20190916_192027 (resized).jpg
#2205 29 days ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This needs to be sent off for reproductions. Marco can do this right? Aside from this being unobtainable and making a huge profit - do something good for the hobby and look into seeing if this can be reproduced.

If we want something to be reproduced our only shot would be if all of us start going over to Freeplay's thread and start requesting that he do some for LAH. Someone would also need to provide him with a donor ramp that he could use to make a mold from. The more of us that go over there and post a request the better our chances are.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

#2206 29 days ago
Quoted from a1max1:

Can someone take a pic behind crane ? What is this post for ? Seems to be something missing[quoted image]

Mine has nothing there. May be the wrong post. I would put a nut on it and you are done.

#2207 28 days ago
Quoted from pfinny:

If we want something to be reproduced our only shot would be if all of us start going over to Freeplay's thread and start requesting that he do some for LAH. Someone would also need to provide him with a donor ramp that he could use to make a mold from. The more of us that go over there and post a request the better our chances are.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

Done!

Everyone else chime in on the thread. We need to show that there is a demand!

#2208 28 days ago

No post on mine. Wonder if DE intended to put a spot back there at one time. Post is kind of long for that tho.

#2209 27 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine has nothing there. May be the wrong post. I would put a nut on it and you are done.

can you post a pic of yours ? is there just a nut on it ?

#2210 27 days ago
587AC443-B339-4870-ADB4-AAB4FBEEA534 (resized).jpeg
#2211 27 days ago

Mine looks like embryonjohn's photo. Mine has a screw under the plastic. The screw is not holding down the plastic.

#2212 26 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine looks like embryonjohn's photo. Mine has a screw under the plastic. The screw is not holding down the plastic.

Ditto here, but I don't know what's underneath.

#2213 26 days ago

weird - maybe its just the wrong post then and its just supposed to be a cap on it

#2214 26 days ago

Kids figured out how to beat my high score

#2215 24 days ago

Does anyone have issues with the right outlane draining constantly? Like 80% of the time when I launch the ball it will bounce off one of the CRANE targets and go straight into the right outlane. I'm debating on putting in a weaker coil or a larger star post on that drain.

#2216 24 days ago

Is your game level?

#2217 24 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is your game level?

Yep, I've checked numerous times and it's perfectly flat across. Currently I have the pitch set to 7.2 to see if that would stop the drains, it made it a bit less frequent but I still feel like the ball bounces straight into the right outlane far more often than it should.

#2218 23 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Thanks! I spent a bit of time last night fixing some stuff up on it.

Great job! I still like LAH (although mine is gone) and I love seeing my ticket out in the wild! I wish that we had a list by city of those who purchased it over the last couple of years.

Maybe I will find another LAH fairly local at some point.

#2219 23 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great job! I still like LAH (although mine is gone) and I love seeing my ticket out in the wild! I wish that we had a list by city of those who purchased it over the last couple of years.
Maybe I will find another LAH fairly local at some point.

Thanks! Mine actually came with the replacement ticket, is definitely better than the original.

Anyways, I do think I've addressed the drains, at least a bit. I switched coil pulse to low, and replaced the outlane posts with full size star posts. I also fixed my scoop wear and put new protectors on, though unfortunately after one game the left protector has a dent in it already :[, oh well.

(sorry that the pictures came out a little blurry.)
20190922_181535 (resized).jpg20190922_184302 (resized).jpg

#2220 17 days ago

Have your ticket Longisland NY

#2221 14 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Yep, I've checked numerous times and it's perfectly flat across. Currently I have the pitch set to 7.2 to see if that would stop the drains, it made it a bit less frequent but I still feel like the ball bounces straight into the right outlane far more often than it should.

Yes, I've had the same problem,
I've messed with the leveling and pitch and improved the problem, but yes, still happens, especially during the start of a multi-ball, which is particularly frustrating!

#2222 14 days ago
Quoted from Rando:

Yes, I've had the same problem,
I've messed with the leveling and pitch and improved the problem, but yes, still happens, especially during the start of a multi-ball, which is particularly frustrating!

I ended up putting full sized star posts on the outlanes, that helped a ton. I also installed a 7/16 rubber on the mini post on the right outlane. I'm actually considering taking that out and installing a slightly larger post in place of it too.

20190922_143258 (resized).jpg
#2223 11 days ago

Are there any detailed shop out photos please, I am putting mine back together and cannot find my photos

#2224 11 days ago

It took tons of pics when I redid my playfield. Would that help?

#2225 11 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

It took tons of pics when I redid my playfield. Would that help?

Thanks, that would be great please

#2226 11 days ago

I‘ll send you a PM with a link to my dropbox

#2227 6 days ago

For those using cliffy protectors at the three scoops, do you have trouble hitting the shots? Are you using actual cliffy brand protectors or the cheaper set from ebay?

My playfield has the usual wear at each scoop. I filled the scoops and installed the cheaper ebay protectors. With the protectors installed, I am having a hard time hitting the scoops directly. I had previously read about LAH owners removing protectors as it made the shots incredibly difficult to make.

Just curious what others have been experiencing or if there are any possible solutions.

#2228 5 days ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

For those using cliffy protectors at the three scoops, do you have trouble hitting the shots? Are you using actual cliffy brand protectors or the cheaper set from ebay?
My playfield has the usual wear at each scoop. I filled the scoops and installed the cheaper ebay protectors. With the protectors installed, I am having a hard time hitting the scoops directly. I had previously read about LAH owners removing protectors as it made the shots incredibly difficult to make.
Just curious what others have been experiencing or if there are any possible solutions.

I have Cliffy,s on all 3 scoops. The left dynamite scoop broke as I did not repair the damage first. Cliff made a new one for me and I put it in after fixing the pf. The dynamite hole is the only one that is slightly harder to make. I think it is worth keeping on and missing a few shots.

#2229 4 days ago

Finally added pinsound board along with the power adapter - running the Capn sound bytes - wow what a difference

#2230 4 days ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Finally added pinsound board along with the power adapter - running the Capn sound bytes - wow what a difference

I know, right? Capn's mix is the bomb! Did you do the speaker upgrade as well? Definitely an additional improvement. I also have the HeadPhones station installed so I can crank up the volume when I'm home alone.

#2231 4 days ago

Yes I did the speaker upgrade but not the headphones - the data east power booster made a huge difference to the overall sound quality and performance

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,050 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Lockport, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
There are 2231 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside