20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 71.
#1851 5 years ago

trying to find a spot for my Jack Slater, but he wont fit. He would look great in the game but He's to tall.

IMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_6643 (resized).JPGIMG_6643 (resized).JPGIMG_7582 (resized).JPGIMG_7582 (resized).JPG
#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need some help from the LAH community please. In designing my topper decal, it has been brought to my attention that there are actually 2 screws/rivets that go through the decal which mounts to a disk which is fastened to the rectangular plate. I’m trying to understand the exact setup but photos are scarce. So, I have a few questions in order to account for making the holes in my decals.
- Are screws or rivets used? From the good pics I have seen they look like rivets but not the pop kind. Basically trying to figure out if they are easily removable for decal install or if they are permenant and the decal needs to fit over them.
- if screws, what is the hole diameter that the screw goes through?
- if rivets, what is the head diameter of the rivet?
- are the screws/rivets placed at the exact vertical center of the decal?
- what is the horizontal distance in mm between the exact centers of the two screws/rivets?
- I saw a pic w/o the decal or disk mounted and the surface is flat with the two holes. Personally, I would choose to mound the new decal on the disc then use some adhesive to secure the disk to the plate so that riven/screw heads are covering the decal. Is this practical/preferred? I guess I could offer two version of the decal (one w/ holes so that it fits over the screws/rivets and one w/o for those who want to get rid of the screws/rivets) but was trying to simplify.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I’m very close to finalizing my design and offering them for sale.

20190120_130623 (resized).jpg20190120_130623 (resized).jpg20190120_130638 (resized).jpg20190120_130638 (resized).jpg20190120_130644 (resized).jpg20190120_130644 (resized).jpg
#1853 5 years ago

It doesn't look like it's a sticker but a typical pinball plastic that you would see on the playfield

#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

It doesn't look like it's a sticker but a typical pinball plastic that you would see on the playfield

Those are good shots. I’m noticing the background of the rhino is really orangish instead of pure yellow, so I will adjust for that. FYI, I am going to have a few options which will include a replacement dust that will mount without rivet heads covering any of the graphic. More to come soon.

All I need at this point is for someone to provide me the hole diameter for the rivets in the rectangular plate, and then I will have all the measurements I need. Since the rivets are not meant to be removed, will need to be someone who is already missing the emblem disk.

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those are good shots. I’m noticing the background of the rhino is really orangish instead of pure yellow, so I will adjust for that. FYI, I am going to have a few options which will include a replacement dust that will mount without rivet heads covering any of the graphic. More to come soon.
All I need at this point is for someone to provide me the hole diameter for the rivets in the rectangular plate, and then I will have all the measurements I need. Since the rivets are not meant to be removed, will need to be someone who is already missing the emblem disk.

The rhino is orange for sure. The rivets look to be the standard 1/8 dia. But not 100% sure. Without taking it apart

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The rhino is orange for sure. The rivets look to be the standard 1/8 dia. But not 100% sure. Without taking it apart

Yea, really need the hole diameter for sure before I can finalize the design on my alternative snap in 3D printed plate, but I don't expect someone to drill out there rivets to give it to me. I know there are plenty out there who are missing the piece with the holes exposed.

Would you mind giving me one more shot? Heads-on closeup (in focus) with good lighting, so that I can grab the best representation of that orange color.

#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yea, really need the hole diameter for sure before I can finalize the design on my alternative snap in 3D printed plate, but I don't expect someone to drill out there rivets to give it to me. I know there are plenty out there who are missing the piece with the holes exposed.
Would you mind giving me one more shot? Heads-on closeup (in focus) with good lighting, so that I can grab the best representation of that orange color.

20190120_163732 (resized).jpg20190120_163732 (resized).jpg20190120_163847 (resized).jpg20190120_163847 (resized).jpg
#1858 5 years ago

Great, one more question. Are the 4 graphics sitting on the blue background supposed to be a paler yellow than the eagle or have they faded?

#1859 5 years ago

Here is updated graphic with new colors.

LAH (resized).jpgLAH (resized).jpg
#1860 5 years ago

Mine are faded. I couldnt even make them out until I looked at yours

#1861 5 years ago

Looks like your brown is a little off. That was with a camera flash, so perhaps a little blueish tint on my end.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looks like your brown is a little off. That was with a camera flash, so perhaps a little blueish tint on my end.
[quoted image]

I don't think the color is going to be THAT noticeable of a difference. But here you go to see for yourself. The outer ring is more of the original, and the inner ring is what has been reproduced. Either color would suffice for a replacement. The emblem is a quick glance marker on the game. I wouldn't be too concerned about it being 'perfect'.

LAH Topper emblem altered (resized).jpgLAH Topper emblem altered (resized).jpg
#1863 5 years ago

Thanks, I like your color better, so here is update.

TopperEmblemDraft (resized).jpgTopperEmblemDraft (resized).jpg
#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I don't think the color is going to be THAT noticeable of a difference. But here you go to see for yourself. The outer ring is more of the original, and the inner ring is what has been reproduced. Either color would suffice for a replacement. The emblem is a quick glance marker on the game. I wouldn't be too concerned about it being 'perfect'.[quoted image]

Don't disagree Cap, was just pointing it out. I had been taking a fair amount of pictures and measurements (sent via e-mails to Tant), with and w/o a flash...so wasn't sure if he caught the difference of the brown or not.

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Don't disagree Cap, was just pointing it out. I had been taking a fair amount of pictures and measurements (sent via e-mails to Tant), with and w/o a flash...so wasn't sure if he caught the difference of the brown or not.

FYI, idea is not to match perfectly, but to create a representation that closely represents the original, including the coloring. I am very close to finishing both the decal and the mounting disk (for those who are missing it). Hopefully by the weekend, I can have some pics from the one who originally requested that I design a replica emblem, and I will detail the options to everyone.

As a precursor to that, I will most likely offer as follows:

1) Decal designed to be applied on top of the current one (ie on top of the plastic disk). This decal will have a gloss vinyl laminate, and holes cut out to fit over existing rivets.

2) Laminated decal as above with no holes cut to be used however you will.

3) An assembly designed to fully replace the existing rivets, disk, and decal. This will be a 3D printed disk with built in fasteners that will go through the existing holes on the rectangle bracket and be secured from behind. The decal will be on the front of the disk (laminated as above), but the design removes the rivet heads that cover part of the graphic. To use this, you will have to remove the current plastic and drill out the 2 rivets.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Also, I just sent you an email. Anyway you could get me one final measurement of the rivet head diameter on the front of the emblem?

#1867 5 years ago

Okay, a few small tweaks based upon some errors I saw. Review/comments appreciated before I finalize the graphic design.

TopperEmblem (resized).jpgTopperEmblem (resized).jpg
#1868 5 years ago

Picked up a Last Action hero a couple weeks ago. Noticed that it was side draining like crazy. There are 2 holes above the plastic returns that look like they could have posts. Are these optional or recommended?

LAH Posts (resized).JPGLAH Posts (resized).JPG
#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Picked up a Last Action hero a couple weeks ago. Noticed that it was side draining like crazy. There are 2 holes above the plastic returns that look like they could have posts. Are these optional or recommended?
[quoted image]

I believe the right hand side is installed from factory, and the left side is optional - which I installed as it was killer.

#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I believe the right hand side is installed from factory, and the left side is optional - which I installed as it was killer.

Correct. I also put in the left post.

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

trying to find a spot for my Jack Slater, but he wont fit. He would look great in the game but He's to tall.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have one figure in my LAH; Benedict (in his white suite) standing next to the VUK. No trouble with the glass or the wire frame.
Is your figure bigger then the stander size?

Pictures to follow later today...

MM

OUT

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Custom made my own mirrored game blades. Bought the vinyl off Amazon for $20. I made a template with tracing paper then cut them out. I think they came out pretty nice. However I would look for maybe some thicker vinyl next time. This stuff is .003 inch thick. All in all, for $20 and about 2 hours of my time im happy with the outcome. Here is the stuff if anyone is interested. amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you seen that stuff any thicker?
I’ve looked around and didn’t come up with anything.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, I just sent you an email. Anyway you could get me one final measurement of the rivet head diameter on the front of the emblem?

Rivet head: 5.6mm.

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Rivet head: 5.6mm.

Thanks. Thickness (depth) of rectangle bracket that the emblem mounts to?

#1875 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare one of these in good condition for sale?

image_63830_1.jpgimage_63830_1.jpg
#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks. Thickness (depth) of rectangle bracket that the emblem mounts to?

pm'd!

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Or two? I could use one as well.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

I have one figure in my LAH; Benedict (in his white suite) standing next to the VUK. No trouble with the glass or the wire frame.
Is your figure bigger then the stander size?

Yes, my Jack Slater was custom painted. I think its from a newer Terminator action figure. He's about the size of the Ghostbusters figures. The detail is awesome. I just happen to see it on eBay and grabbed it.

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from Sohal1025:

Have you seen that stuff any thicker?
I’ve looked around and didn’t come up with anything.

I havent looked. I think the stuff I bought was 3ml. I bought game blades for my Family guy from Pin Graffix and they are about the same thickness as this stuff I bought from Amazon. Don't get me wrong, Im happy with how they came out, I was just saying If I could change anything Id get maybe 1ml thicker...but then again there is little for no clearance on the sides of this game. I already scratched my blades because I wasnt being careful lifting the playfield. So I made another and put it in. Hope this helps

#1880 5 years ago

Everyone, I need somebody's help, please. Since these plastics are absolute gold and nobody has responded that they have an extra one to sell, I'm working on a custom made version of one that I would be willing to sell if/when I execute.

What I need at this point are some exact measurements so that I can size the plastic. Can someone please provide the exact length and width in mm per the position of the green lines in my graphic (I have the shape and I've colored appropriately, but just don't know dimensions)?

I make my plastics out of Lexan (quite the pain, honestly, with all the cutting and shaping), which is slightly thicker but much more durable than stock plastics. I adhere the printed graphic to it so it is not painted, but the final product comes out quite nice, is extremely durable, and does not overtly stand out from the other plastics. Up to this point, I've had to adhere the graphic to the top (photo quality print with OEM photo inks & paper, then laminated with gloss vinyl), but I have some new adhesive sheets that I want to test that may allow me to adhere from the bottom side without distorting the graphics (still need to test). For reference, here is an example of two of the plastics I have created and sold for the Getaway (both plastics above the two target banks are my custom ones): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/70#post-3415047

To set expectations, at this point I'm thinking I would charge $20 including postage to US. I obviously need to get one created with lots of pics before anyone commits, but thought I would throw it out there.
LAH.jpgLAH.jpg

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Mine is broken but at least I have both parts.

#1882 5 years ago

Everyone, I need somebody's help, please. Since these plastics are absolute gold and nobody has responded that they have an extra one to sell, I'm working on a custom made version of one that I would be willing to sell if/when I execute.
What I need at this point are some exact measurements so that I can size the plastic. Can someone please provide the exact length and width in mm per the position of the green lines in my graphic (I have the shape and I've colored appropriately, but just don't know dimensions)?
I make my plastics out of Lexan (quite the pain, honestly, with all the cutting and shaping), which is slightly thicker but much more durable than stock plastics. I adhere the printed graphic to it so it is not painted, but the final product comes out quite nice, is extremely durable, and does not overtly stand out from the other plastics. Up to this point, I've had to adhere the graphic to the top (photo quality print with OEM photo inks & paper, then laminated with gloss vinyl), but I have some new adhesive sheets that I want to test that may allow me to adhere from the bottom side without distorting the graphics (still need to test). For reference, here is an example of two of the plastics I have created and sold for the Getaway (both plastics above the two target banks are my custom ones): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/70#post-3415047
To set expectations, at this point I'm thinking I would charge $20 including postage to US. I obviously need to get one created with lots of pics before anyone commits, but thought I would throw it out there.
[quoted image]

I am in for one!

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Will pm tonight, after work.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

I am in for one.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Will pm tonight, after work.

Cool, I PM’d you regarding a couple of items.

#1886 5 years ago

I have some extra plastics I bought off ebay. Ill look and see if this one is in with what I have tonight when I get home from work.

#1887 5 years ago

I know I seem needy, but now I need another favor from someone. I need a nice close-up, square in frame, well lit, in focus, hi-resolution photo of the Dekker sticker on the center spinner. Apparently this too is a hard find and worn out on many LAH pins. I'm going to create a reproduction and offer it for sale also. I also need to know the width and height (in mm) of the decal.

Please PM me and I'll provide my email address for you to send the photo.

Dekker.jpgDekker.jpg
#1888 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Thank you to everyone who sent me dimensions, pics, scans, etc. on this. I now believe I have what I need to get started working on this. I have a very busy next couple of days, but will keep everyone posted on progress and availability.

#1889 5 years ago

Yes thank you, i believe mr tantrum is making these for the guy refurbing my lah pin

#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Yes thank you, i believe mr tantrum is making these for the guy refurbing my lah pin

I bet you would be 100% correct given the location of everyone (I've done a lot of work for him in the past on a variety of pins)! He does great work, and I'm happy to help him out.

FYI, I'm an OBU grad - 1990.

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know I seem needy, but now I need another favor from someone. I need a nice close-up, square in frame, well lit, in focus, hi-resolution photo of the Dekker sticker on the center spinner. Apparently this too is a hard find and worn out on many LAH pins. I'm going to create a reproduction and offer it for sale also. I also need to know the width and height (in mm) of the decal.
Please PM me and I'll provide my email address for you to send the photo.
[quoted image]

Bay Area Amusements has the spinner stickers but it only comes in the complete set that is about $45.

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Bay Area Amusements has the spinner stickers but it only comes in the complete set that is about $45.

Yeah, I was thinking $5 for mine and they will be gloss vinyl laminated to handle the abuse. I just need a nice pic and dimensions.

#1893 5 years ago

Well prepare, he's about to do my getaway in the next little bit after this one

#1894 5 years ago

And here is my final graphic colorized, sized, holes positioned, etc. Looks awesome printed. Now just need to work on the plastic.

ChickenPlastic (resized).jpgChickenPlastic (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).JPGIMG_1787 (resized).JPG
#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Well prepare, he's about to do my getaway in the next little bit after this one

Oh, I know, and that one is my specialty!!!

#1896 5 years ago

So, looks like my new plastic methodology is going to work great, and will allow me to adhere the graphic on the bottom instead of the top to look more like an original plastic.

So here is how it will be starting from the top layer working to the bottom:
1) Lexan sheet (plastic)
2) Adhesive sheet
3) Printed graphic
4) Clear gloss vinyl (to protect the paper graphic)

I have someone testing my graphic for size and fit tomorrow, and once that is good I will produce a prototype. FYI, we are discovering that the holes can be different lengths apart depending upon the pin, so I will be creating the left hole as a slot instead of just a circle to accommodate for this.

IMG_1790 (resized).JPGIMG_1790 (resized).JPG
#1897 5 years ago

My topper emblem design is finally finished. I still need to send it off to the person whom I originally designed for to test fit, and then I will offer for sale.

As I mentioned, I will offer in 3 version including one with no holes, one with holes to fit over existing rivets, and a complete assembly to replace the current plastic and rivets.

Here is an example of the emblem itself, along with the mounting assembly with the emblem attached to it. As you can see, you simply push the two threaded rods through the existing holes (after you remove rivets) in the topper plate, and secure from back using washers and wingnuts.

Laminated emblem
IMG_1796.JPGIMG_1796.JPG

Front of mount plate
IMG_1794.JPGIMG_1794.JPG

Back of mount plate
IMG_1795.JPGIMG_1795.JPG

Mount plate with emblem installed
IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1797.JPG

#1898 5 years ago

That looks fantastic, mine has been missing the badge and I've been looking for one for quite a while. Please let me know as soon as you are ready to send me one. I'll be taking the complete assembly since my machine is missing the rivets and badge. Great work!

#1899 5 years ago

I've been kicking the tires on a LAH sitting at 2000$ for a bit now.

Can someone give me an HONEST assessment of price for LAH these days? I have a JP and am concerned that they're too damn similar to have each in a small collection.

#1900 5 years ago

I paid $2400 for mine last June. Dont regret it a bit. Great, fun, feature packed game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/38?hl=buellxb12r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.