20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 71.
#1751 5 years ago

Without my schematic handy, what fuse to remove?

#1752 5 years ago

I really love this pin, here i my quick review of it

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

I really love this pin, here i my quick review of it

Your LAH is in great condition! Nicest one I have seen. Great work!

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Your LAH is in great condition! Nicest one I have seen. Great work!

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate it

Yes trying my best to keep my pins in good shape.

Thanks for watching

#1755 5 years ago

Anyone have a friend that wants to join the club? I just listed a LAH in the market.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70350

20180928_151942 (resized).jpg20180928_151942 (resized).jpg

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I wonder why the Big Mistake and the Chicken inserts are milky white instead of semi-transparent with triangular lenses like all the other inserts? In particular, compare Big Mistake with Red Eye which is also white. At first I thought they were repairs by a previous owner, but a quick look on the internet confirmed these are original.

I've been thinking about this and maybe Big Mistake is not like the other semi-transparent inserts because the inside joke is they intentionally made it different to look like a big mistake. That does not explain the Chicken insert though.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I've been thinking about this and maybe Big Mistake is not like the other semi-transparent inserts because the inside joke is they intentionally made it different to look like a big mistake. That does not explain the Chicken insert though.

I just checked mine too...ditto here. Hmmm, anything in the movie that would be related (can't say I paid that much attention to notice)?

#1758 5 years ago

UPDATE....

Pinball is fully up and running.

I install these new decials from Ebay : ebay.com link: LAST ACTION HERO PINBALL CUSHIONED HIGH QUALITY Target Decals Mod

They installed easily and even included extra decals. The cushioning is only on the Cat and Movie ticket targets so it does not effect game play.

I also installed the NVRAM chip; $20 super easy.

Since I replaced my Power Board I had to buy an power adapter from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/ $17 shipped, very easy to install.

My pin has never been better

MM

OUT

cat (resized).jpgcat (resized).jpgcrane (resized).jpgcrane (resized).jpgdecail (resized).jpgdecail (resized).jpg
#1759 5 years ago

Question on my LAH. Just got it up and running. Put in a new Rottendog MPU and PROM v1.12. For some reason it goes into MBall right from the start seems like it's not supposed to. Any ideas?

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

Question on my LAH. Just got it up and running. Put in a new Rottendog MPU and PROM v1.12. For some reason it goes into MBall right from the start seems like it's not supposed to. Any ideas?

It keeps releasing balls onto the playfield? Or the actual multiball mode? The crane moves and shaker mode goes and all that stuff?

#1762 5 years ago

Anyway you can post a video of it doing this? Sounds like a cpu issue or a major switch matrix issue.

1 week later
#1763 5 years ago

Welp, sent Arnold off to a new family last nite, so I'm out of the LAH club. Have fun y'all.

#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welp, sent Arnold off to a new family last nite, so I'm out of the LAH club. Have fun y'all.

NOOOOOOO! say it aint so. What are you getiing in place of LAH?

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

NOOOOOOO! say it aint so. What are you getiing in place of LAH?

Lol, cash.

#1766 5 years ago

Anyone currently working on reproducing the ramps or know of a source of where I could get ahold of a blue ramp ?

#1767 5 years ago

Rom 1.13. Audits and adjustments. Can someone explain Adj 45 rerace criterion?

1 week later
#1768 5 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Rom 1.13. Audits and adjustments. Can someone explain Adj 45 rerace criterion?

Can't answer your question, but this gent can: https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/home

He wrote the 1.13 version.

#1769 5 years ago

I thought I read this in the thread here somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore. So apologies for the repeat question.
My LAH sound is not as voluminous anymore as it used to be, there is zero low or base, but it is not that the sub is not working anymore. Simply all the lows are cut. Any idea?

#1770 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Can't answer your question, but this gent can: https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/home
He wrote the 1.13 version.

LOL Apparently my post the other day didn't save...
Trivia like this bugs me, so I already reached out to Caker, he didn't add that option and didn't know what it was.
Only thing I had found on google was mentioning it was there on a previous game...I think it was R&B, so I'm wondering if it's not LAH specific and/or generic/leftover code like the printers.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

LOL Apparently my post the other day didn't save...
Trivia like this bugs me, so I already reached out to Caker, he didn't add that option and didn't know what it was.
Only thing I had found on google was mentioning it was there on a previous game...I think it was R&B, so I'm wondering if it's not LAH specific and/or generic/leftover code like the printers.

Maybe you could check the manuals for other DE games and see if it is mentioned/explained? I agree, at least respect to sounds, DE recycled the crap out of those. I played a LW3 not long ago, half the time I thought I was playing LAH given the sound effects!

#1772 5 years ago

Thanks for investigating. The manual didn't say and my internet search came up dry.

#1773 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I thought I read this in the thread here somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore. So apologies for the repeat question.
My LAH sound is not as voluminous anymore as it used to be, there is zero low or base, but it is not that the sub is not working anymore. Simply all the lows are cut. Any idea?

With power off, turn your volume control back and forth a few times to try and clean the contacts. Then try again

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

With power off, turn your volume control back and forth a few times to try and clean the contacts. Then try again

Will give it a shot later during the week. Doubt that this would be the cause though. As I mentioned, it is not simply lower volume, but the lower frequency that is cut out.

#1775 5 years ago

Any chance the bass speaker just died from age? The suspension/cone material does tend to turn to dust over the years. Had the same problem w/Getaway.

#1776 5 years ago

Wow, so far so good. It did seem to do the trick, just turning the volume control....weird. Especially since it only had cut out certain frequencies.

Anyhow...Thank You. Cheapest fix ever on this machine.

#1777 5 years ago

Wow, so far so good. It did seem to do the trick, just turning the volume control....weird. Especially since it only had cut out certain frequencies.

My volume control is also flaky. It is old!

#1778 5 years ago

My volume control is also flaky but works. I bought a Pinsound card and the leg controls. The sound is so much better, especially with @thecapn audio mix. This games sounds and plays just like a new Stern game.

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My volume control is also flaky but works. I bought a Pinsound card and the leg controls. The sound is so much better, especially with @thecapn audio mix. This games sounds and plays just like a new Stern game.

I am still having intermittent dialog from the game. Arnold keeps saying "I'll be back". May be a loose connection. I have not had time to look for it yet.

#1780 5 years ago

Basically, I think it is cutting out your cabinet speaker. Try getting some contact cleaner and spray off into the volume control. Usually, you can buy a small spray bottle.

#1781 5 years ago

Basically, I think it is cutting out your cabinet speaker. Try getting some contact cleaner and spray off into the volume control. Usually, you can buy a small spray bottle.

i'll take it apart and clean the contacts, but once again, it is not simply cutting the cab speaker. All speakers work, including the cab, but they cut the lower range of frequency. That's why I am thinking it might be some capacitors on the sound board that might be going bad, but I would have no idea where to start.

#1782 5 years ago

I had plenty of success cleaning a volume control spraying it without taking it out of that box, just spraying it from the top side.

1 week later
#1783 5 years ago

I picked up a LAH, needs all kind of help which it will get.

But no topper, anyone have a topper they can sell me or give me a lead on?

Thanks.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks.

They are pretty hard to find. Unobtanium as they say.

#1785 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. What a great fun game to play.

#1786 5 years ago

Does the topper do anything? It's police lights, correct? Is it tied to the flashers?

#1787 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Does the topper do anything? It's police lights, correct? Is it tied to the flashers?

Yes it is the police lights and has flasher in it.

#1788 5 years ago

Yes it is the police lights and has flasher in it.

Thanks. But when does it turn on and flash?

I don't have the topper, and wondering if there is a dedicated wire for it that I could re-use. Thanks.

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks. But when does it turn on and flash?
I don't have the topper, and wondering if there is a dedicated wire for it that I could re-use. Thanks.

I know it flashes during multiball. I forget the other times. Should be lots of youtube videos to watch.

#1790 5 years ago

Back in the day I used these to replace Lethal Weapon 3 toppers. Not seeing a red version anymore. It would work as a topper. Just replace the bulb with an LED or you will blow the fuse on that line.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-3205-B-Emergency-Rotating-Warning/dp/B000BNOI8G/ref=sr_1_12

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks.

I have a topper but cannot use it due to low ceiling. PM me.

#1792 5 years ago

PM Sent.

Quoted from drummermike:

I have a topper but cannot use it due to low ceiling. PM me.

#1793 5 years ago

What would be the value of this topper? The condition is fair to good. Thanks.

20181215_174934_resized (resized).jpg20181215_174934_resized (resized).jpg20181215_175008_resized (resized).jpg20181215_175008_resized (resized).jpg
#1794 5 years ago

What really needs to be done is a really great condition one needs to be 3d scanned. Then someone needs to start reproducing them! Easy $200.

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

What really needs to be done is a really great condition one needs to be 3d scanned. Then someone needs to start reproducing them! Easy $200.

So if a new one is 200 what is mine worth? Thanks.

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

So if a new one is 200 what is mine worth? Thanks.

My opinion. 250.00 to 350.00 range, maybe little more to right person

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

My opinion. 250.00 to 350.00 range, maybe little more to right person

I'll second that.

#1798 5 years ago

My sound is out again. Pin will occasionally say "I'll be back". During play there is no sound. Can I replace the sound board to fix this? Probably worn out.

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My sound is out again. Pin will occasionally say "I'll be back". During play there is no sound. Can I replace the sound board to fix this? Probably worn out.

Does it keep repeating this? I had that happen once. Turned the pin off, turned it on again. Never happened again. Must be a bug somewhere in the code.

#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Does it keep repeating this? I had that happen once. Turned the pin off, turned it on again. Never happened again. Must be a bug somewhere in the code.

Cycling the pin does not help. I had the problem before and it will go away and come back later. (no pun intended!) I need a permanent fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/36?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.