20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 71.
#1501 5 years ago

I see that TNT Amusements had the same issue with a D.E. Star Wars, (see Youtube video by TNT Amusements, Data East STAR WARS #1207 at time marker 33:00). They added a PT-65B power board to resolve the issue. Hope the Xpin power supply works!

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Here is Cap'n Mix version 1.20! This is for pinside users, and after I get feedback I will see about making it public on the PinSound community page. This is an uncompressed download, and all you should have to do is copy and paste the "audio folder and config.ini" items to the root of your USB drive. Thanks again for those that are trying this mix and that are giving feedback. Let's make it hapn'!
Update 1.20
- Added alternative arnold call outs (no cursing) to the "Don't Touch" quote when hitting the crane bar
- Removed arnold call outs on outlanes
- Updated all mode intros
- Increased volume to "Blow out" soundtrack
- Changed soundtrack to "Go to the Movies"
- Trimmed total file size from previous version down by 30%
- Increased volume on Multiball tracks by +3db
- Added new musical tracks
- Improved "Skill Shot" call out
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bGd9pqMHsIHYDiVs6PIJeQkuZd7fIR3N?usp=sharing

Tried it out tonight.... great job on this. Much improved. The only minor thing is the skill shot phrase seems to happen too often, but other than that, I’m lovin it

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Tried it out tonight.... great job on this. Much improved. The only minor thing is the skill shot phrase seems to happen too often, but other than that, I’m lovin it

lol, the skill shot happens every time you nail a skill shot (according to the game). Before and including the Julien version it still announced "skill shot". It just sounded very robotic.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

lol, the skill shot happens every time you nail a skill shot (according to the game). Before and including the Julien version it still announced "skill shot". It just sounded very robotic.

Maybe I had just a bit too much skill last night! I really like the skill shot sound you had, just never really noticed it before... and at one point during multiball I just kept hearing "skill shot, skill shot, skill shot....". Maybe just reduce the volume of that call out by a skoosh..... but totally just nit-picking... otherwise I love what you've done.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Ugh, I don't do facebook. Yes, I'm the ONE guy on the planet who doesn't. I guess you guys are stuck with me here.

I do not do Facebook either. That makes two!

#1506 5 years ago

Capn you took a really good mix and made it even better. I am sure you spent a fair amount of time on this but I think it has paid off. I will give you some detailed feedback, hopfully tomorrow. In generaL the improvements you made worked out great

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Capn you took a really good mix and made it even better. I am sure you spent a fair amount of time on this but I think it has paid off. I will give you some detailed feedback, hopfully tomorrow. In generaL the improvements you made worked out great

Thank you. The goal was to improve, but that can only happen when I get feedback from people like you. Keep it coming.

#1508 5 years ago

This is my feedback for the Capn 1.2 mix. As I before this mix is great. It just adds a lot to the atmosphere and fun of the game. It is almost like having a "rock band" pin because of all the songs. And due to the movies spoof on the 80s movies/rock that fits the theme very well.

The improvements you made all pretty much worked out great in my book. The call outs are much more audible, and the reworked intros help with that a lot. The LAST ACTION and HERO callouts are good, over the top in style, which again fits the theme and a good volume. A nice touch.

As far as tweeks..... These first few are a bit of preference, read them and see what you think....

*After Jackpot and Double Jackpot is achieved we get long intros to a Rob Zombie song that is primarily a repeating drum beat. While I like this song I feel the long intro it is just a bit repetitive and is not as "fun" as whatever you had there before. I guess I would prefer another ripper song there (no pun intended) than more of an instrumental.

***In this version there is a second multi ball song which I don't think is a bad thing since it keeps the game fresh. (And the pump up of the multi ball volume from the last version was perfect btw) The downside of a second track is that there is even less chance for "Angry Again" which I think is one of the best tracks on the pin. Even if it is selected you often hit jackpot and we are on to the next song . I think Angry Again needs a good long play at least once a game. Maybe have it play through both multball, and jackpot double jackpot?? Which leads me to.....

***Add a jackpot /Double Jackpot callout??? (that way don't have to switch the song to indicate a change in game state. Just a thought)

*The "GO to the Movies" and "The Super Crane" instrumentals tracks are just a bit boring for me. Again I would go for another song. Maybe Iron Maiden "Fear of the Dark" or something of the like.

The next suggestions I would have are relative to volume. I think it sounds that much better/polished when all the sound effects /callouts/songs are in a balance with each other and not to loud or soft. Here goes.....

*I agree with Scorch I would bump down the "Skill Shot Callout" volume a notch. It sounds good but it is a bit loud relative to everything else.

*I would also bump volume down on "Extra Ball is lit" call out as it is much louder than the actual "extra ball" callout (when you get extra ball)

*The "Shoot Again" callout. I would go back to Arnolds voice rather than the callout that is in this 1.2 version as to me, Arnolds callout sounds better

*when special/free game is achieved the "heres a couple of acres" callout needs a volume bump

*I would bump the volume on the Tesla Last Action Hero song when LAST ACTION HERO is achieved. Same thing with the Iron Maiden song (2 Minutes to Midnight I think..I can't remember when this is played). Not by much, but both need a little punch.

That is the what I have for you. In this post I focused more on the things I would tweek, than all of the things I like ...but that was just for the sake of time. Mostly all of it could be considered nitpicking but I put it back to you for your consideration.

Most of all, thanks for taking the time to do this, and posting it for review!!!!

#1509 5 years ago

Thank you Capn! I will try it this weekend and give my notes. I am hoping to do one myself

Quoted from TheCapn:

Here is Cap'n Mix version 1.20! This is for pinside users, and after I get feedback I will see about making it public on the PinSound community page. This is an uncompressed download, and all you should have to do is copy and paste the "audio folder and config.ini" items to the root of your USB drive. Thanks again for those that are trying this mix and that are giving feedback. Let's make it hapn'!
Update 1.20
- Added alternative arnold call outs (no cursing) to the "Don't Touch" quote when hitting the crane bar
- Removed arnold call outs on outlanes
- Updated all mode intros
- Increased volume to "Blow out" soundtrack
- Changed soundtrack to "Go to the Movies"
- Trimmed total file size from previous version down by 30%
- Increased volume on Multiball tracks by +3db
- Added new musical tracks
- Improved "Skill Shot" call out
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bGd9pqMHsIHYDiVs6PIJeQkuZd7fIR3N?usp=sharing

#1510 5 years ago

I heard Who Made Who by ACDC on the radio recently. Made me think it would fit well somewhere as a song for a mode with its big intro and guitar riff

#1511 5 years ago

A couple of Pantera tracks that I was leaning towards were:

5 minutes alone
Cowboys from Hell

These tracks have some good riffs that I think would meld well with the game. Thoughts?

#1512 5 years ago

I don't HAVE pinsound so I don't really have a horse in this race but if I was to GET Pinsound, I'd like something that uses the film soundtrack exclusively. There are alot of cool songs on that soundtrack.

I love the idea of the Tesla "Last Action Hero" song playing during the Last Action Hero multiball (or M-BALL, lol) BTW, anyone got video of that?

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't HAVE pinsound so I don't really have a horse in this race but if I was to GET Pinsound, I'd like something that uses the film soundtrack exclusively. There are alot of cool songs on that soundtrack.
I love the idea of the Tesla "Last Action Hero" song playing during the Last Action Hero multiball (or M-BALL, lol) BTW, anyone got video of that?

The Tesla song plays during the activation of "Last Action Hero" mode. There are tracks throughout the mix that are from the movie in the mix too. As far as an exclusive mix goes - there are only so many songs in the movie and there are more modes than songs. There are also so many songs in the movie that would mesh with the pinball machine. That's also why I'm trying to get this mix to mesh well with the game. Finding tracks from other artists or even the same artists that already have a song in the soundtrack.

#1514 5 years ago

Oh sure Cap, I'm not judging your work, It's awesome. I've watched some vids and been like, I want that, especially when the M-BALL starts and Megadeth kicks in.

I'm also a huge fan of that soundtrack, it played so much in my car in high school my friends still bring it up.

Maybe someday I'll get a Pinsound and join the party.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have the soundtrack on CD and yes its great. I changed out some of the tracks on Capn's first version by adding Fish Bone and the other Alice and Chains song. I wanted to make it most of it from the sound track. I like it.

#1516 5 years ago

My knocker sounds really wimpy. When you get a replay during a game you almost cant hear it. Does anyone else experience this?

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Installed the Color DMD, with Pinball Pro Speakers and now having a power issue. For the multi-ball, the crane moves very slowly, no display on the color DMD and the sound cuts out. Is there a way to have the sound board on its own power supply? I'm using the original sound board with upgraded Pinball Pro Speakers.

Installed a new XPin Power Board and no more power issues.

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

A couple of Pantera tracks that I was leaning towards were:
5 minutes alone
Cowboys from Hell
These tracks have some good riffs that I think would meld well with the game. Thoughts?

I think the riffs would work. I guess it depends how and where to a degree song is used.

The vocals in 5 minutes alone are more yelling which I don't think fits great with the rest of the songs on the mix.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Installed a new XPin Power Board and no more power issues.

Xpin power supplys are great.
Pinsound has a Data East Power Booster plug that cleared up my Batman and Last Action Hero power issues...
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1

#1520 5 years ago

Does anyone run into a problem where the flippers seem to be under powered during multiball (i.e., when the magnet is running)? Any thoughts on how to try to address this?

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Does anyone run into a problem where the flippers seem to be under powered during multiball (i.e., when the magnet is running)? Any thoughts on how to try to address this?

Did you install new EOS switches?

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you install new EOS switches?

I haven't. But would an EOS issue apply only during certain events (multiball/magnet)? Flippers seem fine during normal modes.

#1523 5 years ago

I believe the coils are getting hot about that time as you have more flipper action during multiball. The EOS is supposed to tell it to switch to low power, but if it is never turning off, coils hot=weak flippers. So next time it happens see if the coils are hot.

#1524 5 years ago

For those of you that have installed the ticket overlay on your playfield, have you seen any wear on it over time? Should I put some mylar over it?

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

For those of you that have installed the ticket overlay on your playfield, have you seen any wear on it over time? Should I put some mylar over it?

I asked the same question about the same time I bought mine. Still going strong 6 months later - not a single problem. For home use..can't ever see it wearing out.

#1526 5 years ago

My ticket is still stock and has virtually no wear at all. But to be safe, I just installed a strip of mylar over the travel area the other night. Can't even see it from 90% of the viewing angles. Better safe than sorry.

#1527 5 years ago

So a blue ramp is impossible to find?

#1528 5 years ago

I cannot find the blue ramp. Mine was repaired poorly. Works but looks bad.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So a blue ramp is impossible to find?

Seems to be. I bought one off eBay about a month ago and it wasnt perfect.

#1530 5 years ago

Hello, I know there is a previous post regarding adjusting the height of the drop targets, but it left me a little confused. The post references that not all mechanisms can be adjusted and I am not positive the mech I have allows for this. Could someone please post pictures and directions on how to adjust the height? Preferably pictures of which screws need to be loosened and the bracket that needs to be moved. I am hoping to raise mine as balls tend to get stuck. Thanks!

#1531 5 years ago

I installed the pinsound headphones/volume control unit in my game tonight. It's so awesome!! Highly recommend buying one if you buy a pinsound card for this game. Word of advice, if you have leg protectors for your cabinet, you will need longer bolts. Also, the directions say to run the cat5 cable on the outside of the bottom of the cabinet. I drilled a hole underneath the coin box towards the edge and then ran the cable inside the cabinet to the head and pinsound card. Good times!

1 week later
#1532 5 years ago

I just joined the club yesterday. Rewatched the movie right before I got it installed to refresh the mind. Entertaining cheesy movie.
My game is in pretty good shape. Although I already broke a crane drop target so ordered 5 with decals to have around. Only frustration thus far is I cannot get the ball to stay in the left scoop. Every direct shot bounces back out. I tried foam I have for switches to cushion but no help. It looked like they filled in for some wear too much so I shaved some of it to make the hole a little bigger. Ball still pops out but wants to stay. Any tips on how to get the shots to fall in. Currently I only can get ricochets to bounce in randomly.
I’m enjoying it though. Have to figure out what I’m doing but it’s fun.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I just joined the club yesterday. Rewatched the movie right before I got it installed to refresh the mind. Entertaining cheesy movie.
My game is in pretty good shape. Although I already broke a crane drop target so ordered 5 with decals to have around. Only frustration thus far is I cannot get the ball to stay in the left scoop. Every direct shot bounces back out. I tried foam I have for switches to cushion but no help. It looked like they filled in for some wear too much so I shaved some of it to make the hole a little bigger. Ball still pops out but wants to stay. Any tips on how to get the shots to fall in. Currently I only can get ricochets to bounce in randomly.

That scoop is notorious for rejections. Every LAH I have played has quite a bit of rejections in that scoop.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

My left scoop broke off and I had it welded back together. You can't find replacements. I am using Cliffy's to cover the bad wear on the left scoop. It is harder for the ball to go in but it looks great. I never had the ball bounce out.

#1535 5 years ago

The sad thing is, the more wear and damage, the easier it is to hit. My first LAH had lots of damage at the scoops but man you could nail them all day.

#1536 5 years ago

I put LED's in my LAH including the flashers. Is anyone using anything to slow down the strobe of the flashing bulbs? To me it gets pretty intense to where I cant even see the ball. Maybe I'm just old.

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I put LED's in my LAH including the flashers. Is anyone using anything to slow down the strobe of the flashing bulbs? To me it gets pretty intense to where I cant even see the ball. Maybe I'm just old.

Sometimes stuffing the flasher covers with some type of diffuser is a must. I have been known to use cotton balls for example to mellow out the flash. Lately though, I have stopped using led flasher bulbs and just insert frosted color matching leds. They still flash great without the blinding effect.

#1538 5 years ago

I was still struggling to make a left scoop shot at all. It has been welded to fix at some point and I noticed tonight that it was leaning out more than the chicken scoop making the hole smaller and was more vertical. I figured being vertical it was just a wall to bounce back off of. I grabbed some pliers and gently bent it as I waited for it to break. Fortunately it didn’t and I was able to get a similar bend as the chicken scoop to it. After doing so a direct hit will fall in as the curve of the scoop directs it down. Played one game after and got my best score as I was finally able to start some dynamite features.

#1539 5 years ago

Does the magnets have a fuse anyone know

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Does the magnets have a fuse anyone know

There are 3 magnets under the PF and all three have their own fuse located very near the magnets. Just trace the black wires that feed the magnets.

#1541 5 years ago

Lah starts a game, but it's not kickinga ball out. Flippers aren't going on hand start either, but they are showing up in test switch mode. Any ideas?

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Lah starts a game, but it's not kickinga ball out. Flippers aren't going on hand start either, but they are showing up in test switch mode. Any ideas?

Check fuses on solenoid board with a multimeter. Never trust a visual inspect.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Check fuses on solenoid board with a multimeter. Never trust a visual inspect.

Just had this exact problem.... fuse looked pristine but no continuity across it

#1544 5 years ago

Picked up last weekend. Was acting a little wonky, suspect loose fuse holder, fixed. Currently has display 1.04 and cpu 1.05. After playing a bit decided will add left outlane post. Very happy with the play so far.

20180831_171006 (resized).jpg20180831_171006 (resized).jpg
#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Picked up last weekend. Was acting a little wonky, suspect loose fuse holder, fixed. Currently has display 1.04 and cpu 1.05. After playing a bit decided will add left outlane post. Very happy with the play so far.
[quoted image]

Congrats. It is a fun game.

#1546 5 years ago

Rotisserie fun..

20180830_222416 (resized).jpg20180830_222416 (resized).jpg
#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

[quoted image]

That playfield is in nice shape. I had to use Cliffy's to cover damage in the scoops. I added the "missing" post also.

#1548 5 years ago

Bought my first pin in Feb but this is my first DMD table. Had battery damage that was repaired and NVRam installed and power board was rebuilt at some time. Learned about this pin from Stern PBA. Never played in person, actually drove to an arcade to play but it was down. Heard all the best BFYB stories, seen the pinsound videos, read about the Rom upgrades and started looking for one. Was listed as a 7.5 out of 10 and was within pinside price range. Playfield and plastics are in great shape.Mags and crane works. Now how to get to smart missile bulb, ha.

#1549 5 years ago

Congrats! One of the most underrated pins for sure.

#1550 5 years ago

Fuses all checked good. Game actuall works fine except no flipper won't kick a ball out. Diagnostics is showing no coil action anywhere

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/31?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.