20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg
bad_switch (resized).jpg
recherche switch (resized).jpg

There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 71.
#1451 5 years ago

Got my “new” LAH home last nite. It was shopped a few months back but has been to a show and played lots since then so I’m gonna give it a once over starting tomorrow. Is there a good guide on really dialing in the crane that anyone has handy?

#1452 5 years ago

Welcome to the club... you're really going to love this pin!

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Is there a good guide on really dialing in the crane that anyone has handy?

Pretty easy... see posts 1365 and 1366

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You can install the LCD in LAH if you want to do a permanent mod to the speaker panel and then you have to email ColorDMD for the color ROM for the LCD, as it will not be on the website. LED is the official supported display for LAH and other games (Tommy, TFTC, R&B, LW3) with the same speaker panel.

Any chance you can elaborate what mods are needed for the LCD version?

#1454 5 years ago

Hi guys,
I did a full shop job and now I am unsure whether my ball diverter is in the right place. So when you shoot the ramp the first time does the diverter divert the ball to the right wireform ? Then if you shoot it again it should let the ball travel to the left wireform right?
All help appreciated.
Clive

#1455 5 years ago

LAST ACTION HERO VIDEO PREVIEW!

Last Action Hero is the 78th title release for the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform and 9th new title release in 2018!

LAH is the debut release from ColorDMD newcomer, Craig Aker, who is also the author of the unofficial 1.13 LAH game ROM update! The 1.13 update helps balance scoring, enhance gameplay, and adds new callout!

Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for LAH is targeted for release on Friday, July 20!

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Hi guys,
I did a full shop job and now I am unsure whether my ball diverter is in the right place. So when you shoot the ramp the first time does the diverter divert the ball to the right wireform ? Then if you shoot it again it should let the ball travel to the left wireform right?
All help appreciated.
Clive

Ball diverter should divert the ball to the right side. Diverter at rest should allow smooth ride to the left side of playfield.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

LAST ACTION HERO VIDEO PREVIEW!
Last Action Hero is the 78th title release for the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform and 9th new title release in 2018!
LAH is the debut release from ColorDMD newcomer, Craig Aker, who is also the author of the unofficial 1.13 LAH game ROM update! The 1.13 update helps balance scoring, enhance gameplay, and adds new callout!
Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for LAH is targeted for release on Friday, July 20!

Looks great! Well done Craig

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Any chance you can elaborate what mods are needed for the LCD version?

Definitely, you will have to cut/remove the plastic mounting standoff that is holds the original plasma DMD in the bottom center of the board. You may have to remove some bulbs out of the backbox so the LCD can sit in front of the white back board due to the height of the screen. I would think you would want to put something between the LCD screen and the speaker panel so it does not rest right up on the screen since the edges of the plastic speaker panel may scratch up the LCD screen. I am not sure beyond that, other than what I had read, as I only have LED displays in this speaker panel type.

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Hi guys,
All help appreciated.
Clive

Goes to the right, then to the left....

This is for the Second Cousin Frank's Jackpot. After the first shot to the roof, ball gets sent to the right flipper, you then hit the roof again with the next shot, and the ball goes to the left flipper. Then shoot the center scoop for the jackpot.

#1460 5 years ago

Anyone have a link where I can get the 1.13 ROMS for this? I want to buy them as I don't have a burner to burn them. Thanks!

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Anyone have a link where I can get the 1.13 ROMS for this? I want to buy them as I don't have a burner to burn them. Thanks!

I can burn 1.13 for you. I just ask that you make a donation to caker at his site.
https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/home

PM me.

#1462 5 years ago

^^^^^ that's where I got mine and I donated $10 to the guy that created it and got a nice ty note

#1463 5 years ago

^^^^ Ditto here too.

Got ROM's for 2 or 3 of my games from Matt's Basement Arcades too. Excellent service, traded more than a few lengthy e-mails and he is has always been very helpful with some technical talk - above the call of duty (no problems, just techie-talk). Never a doubt in my mind when ordering from him.

I also donated to the gentleman that created 1.13. Very nice improvement. We need people like that supporting LAH software upgrades.

#1464 5 years ago

Hey could someone get me a pic of their middle scoops wiring? My middle right scoop wasn’t registering, but while I was fiddling with the switch I noticed the red/white wire was hanging. Removed it, the switch worked! Replaced it, didn’t work. Whaaaa?

Edit: Okay I found a pic earlier in the thread. Not sure why it wasn’t working as I had it wired in correctly, or why it was working with the red and white disconnected? Anyways, too late to fool with it any more tonite, back at it tomorrow.

#1465 5 years ago

It's Friday, where's the LAH colordmd firmware? Jk, just anxious to see my game in color.

#1466 5 years ago

Friday has only gotten started. It is 10am here.

#1467 5 years ago

Friday has only gotten started. It is 10am here.

Just joking around. Im excited to install my new DMD.

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just joking around. Im excited to install my new DMD.

Oh I know. Just it will be a long day waiting on the release.

#1469 5 years ago

Hopefully we won't crash the system when we all download it after waiting.

#1470 5 years ago

LAH color ROM for the ColorDMD has been posted!!!
https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html
2018-07-20 12_29_01-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-07-20 12_29_01-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#1471 5 years ago

LAH color ROM for the ColorDMD has been posted!!!

Sweet!!! got it

#1472 5 years ago

Awesome now we just need CPR to produce some new playfields and plastics

#1473 5 years ago

I love this game. I wanted this game for awhile but never pulled the trigger. Then the right project came along and I got it. Now with color dmd and pinsound card and all LED’s it’s amazing. Such and underrated game.

F80B6F95-5ED4-4741-84F8-A3301AB67988 (resized).jpegF80B6F95-5ED4-4741-84F8-A3301AB67988 (resized).jpeg
#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I love this game. I wanted this game for awhile but never pulled the trigger. Then the right project came along and I got it. Now with color dmd and pinsound card and all LED’s it’s amazing. Such and underrated game.

Don’t forget to update the rom as well. New rule set makes it much better as well. I also suggest stadium style lighting to light up the play field.

If this pin had a popular theme and better art package, it would be a top 50 pin all day long.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

If this pin had a popular theme and better art package, it would be a top 50 pin all day long.

I think Stadium lights are next. I did update the both the game rom and the video rom to the latest. I think if the movie had been more popular then this would be a more popular game. But I like the art package and theme. Arnold was a huge star back then. But I see where you're coming from.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think Stadium lights are next.

Will stadium lights fit with the tar pit lock ramp thing?

#1477 5 years ago

Got mine installed. Looks great.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Will stadium lights fit with the tar pit lock ramp thing?

I built a diy set with 1/2” aluminum channel for about $20 and it fit great. Makes a huge difference.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I built a diy set with 1/2” aluminum channel for about $20 and it fit great. Makes a huge difference

Put up a pic if you can. Id like to see how yours turned out. Thanks

#1480 5 years ago

Waiting on some new magnets which will be here in a couple days. I’ll post a pic once I get it together as well as the parts list and instructions

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yeah me too, sounds like a cool project.

I actually have extra spotlights on my LAH, they were installed by the guy I bought it from and seem to work pretty well.

#1482 5 years ago

Made you guys a home on Facebook! Come join and add some content!

Last Action Hero Pinball Owners:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LAHPinballOwners/

Looking for less game specific? Don't forget about Data East Pinball Owners:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DataEastPinballOwners/

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Made you guys a home on Facebook! Come join and add some content

Just joined. Thank you

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I'm in as well

#1485 5 years ago

how do you change the smart missile light in the gun. I can undo the screw on plastic nut but it seems the switch holder is in the way. It doesn't want to pull or twist out. Tips?

#1486 5 years ago

7CC35D9C-DC30-41BD-A497-0EE87FE3552E (resized).jpeg7CC35D9C-DC30-41BD-A497-0EE87FE3552E (resized).jpeg

CC415E41-12E4-41EF-A40E-1A6717099467 (resized).jpegCC415E41-12E4-41EF-A40E-1A6717099467 (resized).jpeg

Well, here’s my Last Action Hero! I picked it up recently, shopped with Titans and Cliffys and LED’d out, it spent some time as a league game, made a trip to the Golden State Pinball Festival, and then I bought it and it went right to a friends house who played the hell out of if for a couple weeks. It was still pretty clean but had some switches that needed replacing and of course a couple solders that didn’t want to hold. Got it home, spent a night to give it a quick once over and it was back in ACTION.

I had a LAH when I started in pinball, and it was actually my first “shop job” although that was a lot less thorough than when I shop a pin now, lol. Anyways, I have a soft spot for the game as I like the movie it’s based on, and my wife and I played it at a pizza place we frequented when we were dating (awwwwwww.)

No mods besides the alt backglass (a necessary) and a couple play field spotlights. I’ll probably just slap a ColorDMD in it and call it good.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

it spent some time as a league game, made a trip to the Golden State Pinball Festival,

Wait...this is the one that was at Golden State Pinball Festival? In the Kids tournament section? IamNaN had brought it and I never knew he had it for sale. I played the heck out of that game. That show and that game was the turning point of me deciding that I really wanted to find that game for my collection.

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here’s a pic of my stadium lighting. Second pic is with them off to show the difference which is much greater than the camera shows. Total price is about $30

Starting with the aluminum strips...

1/2” aluminum angle strips $4 x2
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks-3-ft-x-1-2-in-Aluminum-Solid-Angle/3053617

Glue one magnet on each end of strip. I used original gorilla glue.

Magnets. enough for 3 games $11 or $4/pin
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B6NX5NP

When glue cures, paint rails with black gloss spray paint then attach 5v led strips. The glue on the strips below sucks so I used some mounting tape at the ends to hold everything in place.

Led strips $6 x2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YF2PNH

Finally, attach the below metal plates to the inside of the cabinet directly below the glass channel. I used the rectangular one and cut them in half. This is what the magnets stick to. They are ultra thin So no worries about clearance like you have with magnetic tape.

Thin metal pads used for cell phone mounts $5 enough for 3-4 games or $1/pin
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074QG6ZV1

You can now hook the led strips directly to a gi socket.

Optional. For a clean install, I used this usb mount which I mounted behind the backplate of the play field. Nice thing about that is it’s easy to remove leds all together.... or if led strip goes bad etc, just unplug and replace.
https://www.amazon.com/RIITOP-Female-Connector-Adapter-Bracket/dp/B01KJPUI5W

649CA6CA-9E96-43EA-A7CC-C9DB437B5A28 (resized).jpeg649CA6CA-9E96-43EA-A7CC-C9DB437B5A28 (resized).jpeg6A6B9F9E-2A53-4661-965A-A6D790CE90FC (resized).jpeg6A6B9F9E-2A53-4661-965A-A6D790CE90FC (resized).jpegC9D8364E-6BC3-4530-8E2C-685E2789EA6A (resized).jpegC9D8364E-6BC3-4530-8E2C-685E2789EA6A (resized).jpeg
#1489 5 years ago

Dude, your right fiipper needs to be raised. Looks like it has down syndrome. Play like that for too long you will have to re-learn how to play the game.

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Dude, your right fiipper needs to be raised. Looks like it has down syndrome. Play like that for too long you will have to re-learn how to play the game.

Awww... but it makes getting the left captive ball so much easier! It is on my things to do list.

#1491 5 years ago

Very awesome. Thank you for taking the time Scorch

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Very awesome. Thank you for taking the time Scorch

Thanks... hard to catch the difference in the photo because of my bright inserts, and camera trying to adjust... but it is huge.... look at the crane to really see the effect.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Wait...this is the one that was at Golden State Pinball Festival? In the Kids tournament section? IamNaN had brought it and I never knew he had it for sale. I played the heck out of that game. That show and that game was the turning point of me deciding that I really wanted to find that game for my collection.

It is! It was never for sale, I told him the moment I first saw it he was only keeping it warm for me.

#1494 5 years ago

Here is Cap'n Mix version 1.20! This is for pinside users, and after I get feedback I will see about making it public on the PinSound community page. This is an uncompressed download, and all you should have to do is copy and paste the "audio folder and config.ini" items to the root of your USB drive. Thanks again for those that are trying this mix and that are giving feedback. Let's make it hapn'!

Update 1.20

- Added alternative arnold call outs (no cursing) to the "Don't Touch" quote when hitting the crane bar
- Removed arnold call outs on outlanes
- Updated all mode intros
- Increased volume to "Blow out" soundtrack
- Changed soundtrack to "Go to the Movies"
- Trimmed total file size from previous version down by 30%
- Increased volume on Multiball tracks by +3db
- Added new musical tracks
- Improved "Skill Shot" call out

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bGd9pqMHsIHYDiVs6PIJeQkuZd7fIR3N?usp=sharing

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Last Action Hero Pinball Owners:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LAHPinballOwners/
Looking for less game specific? Don't forget about Data East Pinball Owners:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DataEastPinballOwners/

Ugh, I don't do facebook. Yes, I'm the ONE guy on the planet who doesn't. I guess you guys are stuck with me here.

#1496 5 years ago

Installed the Color DMD, with Pinball Pro Speakers and now having a power issue. For the multi-ball, the crane moves very slowly, no display on the color DMD and the sound cuts out. Is there a way to have the sound board on its own power supply? I'm using the original sound board with upgraded Pinball Pro Speakers.

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Installed the Color DMD, with Pinball Pro Speakers and now having a power issue. For the multi-ball, the crane moves very slowly, no display on the color DMD and the sound cuts out. Is there a way to have the sound board on its own power supply? I'm using the original sound board with upgraded Pinball Pro Speakers.

It’s unusual for the 12V supply to droop so much that the sound and display cuts out. You may need to check/replace the bridge and cap for the unregulated 12V supply on the power driver board.

Would not recommend an external supply to drive boards that are cabled together with other boards. You need to be very careful that the supplies are grounded together properly and even then ground loops are possible.

If your game has a Rottendog power driver board there’s a known issue with the board where they drive the unregulated circuits from the 12V regulated supply. When the current load gets too high the voltage from the regulator will drop.

#1498 5 years ago

The game does have a Rotten Dog power supply. I'll hunt around for a D.E.

#1499 5 years ago

Ordered an XPin Power Supply: XP-DE5047. Hopefully this does the trick.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Ordered an XPin Power Supply: XP-DE5047. Hopefully this does the trick.

I have an Xpin PSU in mine. It works just fine with the CDMD, but when I installed my PinSound I had to file some complaints with pinsound with issues. Turns out that 12v issue is on XPin too - I had to jumper some cables to resolve the issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 78.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.