20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 71.
#101 10 years ago

just joined pinside bought a lah last month,was invited to a house where the owner was selling his collection off had about 18 tables up playing woz le, msf,tom,airborne,indy 500 for example but surprisingly i kept on going back and playing lah,end of the day bought it as it was in brilliant condition and still loving it alternative translite is ordered to.

#102 10 years ago

I'm a member of the club for another week and a half. My LAH is already sold, being replaced by two pins (Mousin Around and Fish Tales) -- meaning, I'm 1 over capacity :/ Loved LAH though, great game and wonderful bang for the buck. I've wanted a FT for some time though, so had to sacrifice.

#103 10 years ago

Hey did you guys notice Arnold's wife Maria Shriver made it into to the game? That has to be one of the funniest easter egg I've ever seen.

Edit: I just found out she was in the movie for a few seconds playing his wife.

1 week later
#104 10 years ago

What's going on mofo's?! LAH rocks! My buddy made these for mine, mix and match, hope you enjoy!

Magic ticket score cards is something I envisioned for htis game for a looooooooooooooong time

cost_1.jpgcost_1.jpg
cost_2.jpgcost_2.jpg
cost_3.jpgcost_3.jpg
rules_1.jpgrules_1.jpg
rules_2.jpgrules_2.jpg
rules_3.jpgrules_3.jpg

#106 10 years ago

Love mine. Nice tickets rule cards. Any recommendation for inserts led kits? Feel free to post pictures of your led'd out LAH for reference...

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Love mine. Nice tickets rule cards. Any recommendation for inserts led kits? Feel free to post pictures of your led'd out LAH for reference...

Check out Pinballbulbs kits. I don't have it in mine but from what I see their other kits are great especially if you add their double spots and strip led's for the apron and back of the pf. This isn't cheep but your game will light up like you won't believe. Check out the pictures they have on their web site.

#108 10 years ago

I just got mine about three weeks ago. For the price its a great game. Everything is working on mine except the switch closest to the ball stop on the blue ramp. The ball triggers the ball stop, but the coil shoots the ball stop up to quick to let the ball by. Need Cliffys too as most do and still deciding about the alt translight.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Check out Pinballbulbs kits. I don't have it in mine but from what I see their other kits are great especially if you add their double spots and strip led's for the apron and back of the pf. This isn't cheep but your game will light up like you won't believe. Check out the pictures they have on their web site.

I don't think they make a kit. At least I didn't see it on their website.

#110 10 years ago

I hated the coin taker kit. Would highly recommend designing your own - it won't take forever to count lights. I also would caution against changing flashers and backbox GI - it gets VERY bright. I do recommend herg's LED OCD board. I found the combination of that board and cheap pinball life LEDs to work well.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

I don't think they make a kit. At least I didn't see it on their website.

Email them and ask if they are going to make a kit.

#112 10 years ago

I have, they don't have a machine available to make one.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have, they don't have a machine available to make one.

That's a bummer.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I hated the coin taker kit. Would highly recommend designing your own - it won't take forever to count lights. I also would caution against changing flashers and backbox GI - it gets VERY bright. I do recommend herg's LED OCD board. I found the combination of that board and cheap pinball life LEDs to work well.

Ok thanks I tend to think the cointakers kits are too bright for my taste. (From what I have seen)

I'm only going for leds in the inserts since it would uplift gameplay/looks and gi is good enough in this pin.

I'll make my own.

What about comet pinball for leds?

#115 10 years ago

If you don't go LED-OCD, beware that the ghosting can be very bad on this game - for my game anyway it was terrible.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

If you don't go LED-OCD, beware that the ghosting can be very bad on this game - for my game anyway it was terrible.

All DE/sega/Sterns are. CT prem's take care of this too.

Quoted from JackSlater:

gi is good enough in this pin.

Even if you don't like LED's, I recommend use some type in the GI's if you are shopping a DE/Sega, as you can't access them from beneath, and once everything is off the PF, a good portion of the lights are not accessible any other time.

#117 10 years ago

I'm in the club! Just picked one up last week. Very dirty, but in great shape otherwise. Shopping out now. Seems to be a feature-packed game! Love'n it so far.

Mike

#118 10 years ago

I am looking for one, does that get me in?

#119 10 years ago

I started a separate thread but maybe someone here can help...what are the fuse specs for the 3 under playfield fuses for the magnets...2 of the 3 were blown on mine & I can't find anything in the manual...I installed 5A Slo-Blo fuses but want to make sure I have the right ones in there....thanks!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Ok thanks I tend to think the cointakers kits are too bright for my taste. (From what I have seen)
I'm only going for leds in the inserts since it would uplift gameplay/looks and gi is good enough in this pin.
I'll make my own.

I did mine with comet LED's. I was very happy with the way it came out. There is ghosting on the four lights over the scoops. Maybe one or two other places. It doesn't bother me. Especially when you factor in the price. I got 350 bulbs from Comet, enough to do 3-4 machines for the same price if not less than what one kit would cost.

IMAG0927.jpgIMAG0927.jpg
#121 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

I'll make my own.

I really like the Comet "Crystal Fan" shape bulbs...especially under the pop caps. Try them, I think you will agree.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

I started a separate thread but maybe someone here can help...what are the fuse specs for the 3 under playfield fuses for the magnets...2 of the 3 were blown on mine & I can't find anything in the manual...I installed 5A Slo-Blo fuses but want to make sure I have the right ones in there....thanks!

I recall this being a tough thing to find myself when I repaired this board. I can't recall right now, but search RGP, as that is what I did, and the consensus appeared clear. If no luck, pm me later, and I'll check my machine. I have been running solid for over 3 years with the fuses there now, so whatever I found appears sound.

#123 10 years ago

I believe 3A Slo-blow,,,,see this link.(Near the bottom) Also this guy is credited for coming up with the fix for the intermittent magnet issue during the attract mode.

http://apronk.home.xs4all.nl/gnrpinball.htm

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I did mine with comet LED's. I was very happy with the way it came out. There is ghosting on the four lights over the scoops. Maybe one or two other places. It doesn't bother me. Especially when you factor in the price. I got 350 bulbs from Comet, enough to do 3-4 machines for the same price if not less than what one kit would cost.

IMAG0927.jpg 292 KB

hey thanks Butch, Atomicboy and MustangPaul, I've got something work off now. About comet pinball, how is service and shipping?

I as far as the pop leds I'm intrigued...

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I just got mine about three weeks ago. For the price its a great game. Everything is working on mine except the switch closest to the ball stop on the blue ramp. The ball triggers the ball stop, but the coil shoots the ball stop up to quick to let the ball by. Need Cliffys too as most do and still deciding about the alt translight.

I had the exact same problem with my LAH. Is the pitch steep enought?

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

About comet pinball, how is service and shipping?

Art was great to work with, fast shipping, quality product. I'm already on my 2nd order from him..

#127 10 years ago

I tried making the pitch steeper am sitting at almost 7, still not luck with the switch letting the ball roll passed the stopper. It is slightly better but is still being a pain. I caved and bought the alternate trans light too.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

I had the exact same problem with my LAH. Is the pitch steep enought?

better.

#129 10 years ago

I had no choice in buying the alt tl, the ink on my original had a million cracks in it that let the light through, I had to do something.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I caved and bought the alternate trans light too.

I see these are available again from the ebay seller. Would like to know what you think of the quality. I'm still on the fence on getting one or not. They sure look nice from the pics. Let us know!

Mike

#131 10 years ago

I just bought it...supposed to ship today...I needed one as well as it looks like something spilled on the original & it was literally stuck to the glass...when I pulled it off to clean bits & pieces of the translite are still attached to the glass...good excuse to get the alternate

#132 10 years ago

The quality is alright, not spectacular.

#133 10 years ago

do the magnets do much in LAH? everytime I see vids of people playing, and the yellow pyramid light up, rarely do I see the ball deviate much... are they underpowered or just often disabled?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

do the magnets do much in LAH? everytime I see vids of people playing, and the yellow pyramid light up, rarely do I see the ball deviate much... are they underpowered or just often disabled?

If working correctly, yes they fling the ball all over the place...check the fuses under the playfield...that was my issue...2 of the 3 were blown...once I replaced all 3 w/ new 3A Slo Blo it's absolutely nuts during multiball!

#135 10 years ago

Much like in TAF, they do a lot. If the ball is heading nicely to a flipper, they send it down the middle drain. If the ball is heading for the center drain, it saves this by whipping it to an outlane drain.

In all seriousness, it's a great feature taken from TAF (as so much of LAH is, it's more of a this and that from all other popular games around the time and before it). It makes MB's great fun, and shots much trickier.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I see these are available again from the ebay seller. Would like to know what you think of the quality. I'm still on the fence on getting one or not. They sure look nice from the pics. Let us know!
Mike

I think the quality, print colors, registration, finish in general is what you would expect from a new product. Very nice. Worth the money in my book, that's why I bought it.

#137 10 years ago

Mine make the balls do 180's all the time.

#138 10 years ago

magnets are powerfull, most of the time they pulse and send a ball in the right outlane... A lot of lah features are indeed picked from other hit games and put together in a seamless way. Nothing feel rushed or out of place like on a gottleib.

1 week later
#139 10 years ago

Just joined the club! Picked one up for 1400 and already has all led's. But, the sound (at least on mine) really sucks. First thing to do is add pinball pro speakers. Anyone done that? Is there a better option out there? Also, this game is in definite need of spotlights, very dark in middle of playfield. Overall I think I am going to really like this one, what a bang for the buck!

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Just joined the club! Picked one up for 1400 and already has all led's. But, the sound (at least on mine) really sucks. First thing to do is add pinball pro speakers. Anyone done that? Is there a better option out there? Also, this game is in definite need of spotlights, very dark in middle of playfield. Overall I think I am going to really like this one, what a bang for the buck!

Try putting an external sub on it. Get a few of Pinballbulbs double spots with purple bulbs, I put 2 on my T3 and 3 on my JM, both were really dark but can now be played in a completly dark room.

2 months later
#141 10 years ago

im in. straight away, 3 cliffy protectors. must have. new alt. translite as well.

#142 10 years ago

the magnets are awsome and make the game! very powerfull! 6 ball and magnets is crazy!!

#143 10 years ago

Aaaaaaahhh!!! Cautionary tale for all the LAH owners, I was working under the pf tonight, zip tying some wires, when I went to put it down it got stuck on the left side as I came around to free it, the pf fell inside and busted both ramps....*sigh*. If anyone has line to a used set please let me know.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the magnets are awsome and make the game! very powerfull! 6 ball and magnets is crazy!!

definately.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Aaaaaaahhh!!! Cautionary tale for all the LAH owners, I was working under the pf tonight, zip tying some wires, when I went to put it down it got stuck on the left side as I came around to free it, the pf fell inside and busted both ramps....*sigh*. If anyone has line to a used set please let me know.

Really sorry to hear that. That pf is one heavy mother.

#146 10 years ago

Data East made that part of there machines a pain. Should not be that hard or dangerous to move playfield good job the awesome enough though to put up with it. Hope find your ramps.

#147 10 years ago

I have two questions for those that are familiar with this game:

1. Does anyone know what happens in World Premiere mode? I have gotten to it twice, it says to shoot the left scoop.. I do, but am unable to do it enough to fill the theater up (at least, I think that's the goal). One of the times I got there I still had my Smart Missile, so I used it. Didn't seem to help much unfortunately. Is there something else? Also, does anyone know about how long this mode is timed? Unlike usual modes, there's no clock ticking down, but the mode always seems to end before I can finish it.

2. What are the Crane Locks for? I have gotten two locks several times, but can't seem to figure out what to do from there. Hitting the Crane drop targets doesn't re-light the crane for a third time, and nothing else seems to start a multi-ball mode for those two locks. Or do the locks play a part in a different mode (like Super Crane)?

#148 10 years ago

1.) I just got the game and haven't made it that far...yet

2.) locking the balls just adds 1 or 2 balls to the 3 ball 'm ball'
You get this by hitting the two captive balls x amount of times.
Or the auto qualifying option on ball 2.

But if you hit the ramp then the crane during the m ball in the time allowed one of the two six ball multiballs will start.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You get this by hitting the two captive balls x amount of times.
Or the auto qualifying option on ball 2.

Aw man, that's kind of lame. I mean, it's basically just Crane, Ramp, Crane in m-ball, to kick off six ball play. So I guess locking two balls first makes it a five ball m-ball starting off, versus the usual three?

*Edit: Correction, reading the info cards earlier in the thread, it appears having balls locked increases the jackpot value.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

it appears having balls locked increases the jackpot value.

This is true....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.