20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 71.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So, many of us are using the new "unofficial" 1.13 code (which I really enjoy), will that affect color DMD install if you are running 1.13?

Speaking generally, I don't think it should affect compatibility. I don't think the updated 1.13 modified the display ROMs or enabled any previously unused animations. One of the good things about ColorDMD is they have the ability to release updates after the initial release if any problems are found.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So, many of us are using the new "unofficial" 1.13 code (which I really enjoy), will that affect color DMD install if you are running 1.13?

website shows it will work

lah color (resized).pnglah color (resized).png
#1404 5 years ago

Where can I find a chip with code 1.13v on it? Anyone know where they sell them?

#1405 5 years ago

I was going to ask the same question. I looked on Matt's Basement Arcade but didn't see anything.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Where can I find a chip with code 1.13v on it? Anyone know where they sell them?

Quoted from epeabs:

I was going to ask the same question. I looked on Matt's Basement Arcade but didn't see anything.

I can do 1.13, just send me a PM. Also make sure you support the author at his site

#1407 5 years ago

Since it's been officially been announced. Thought I would let everyone know that the color dmd for LAH is great.

20180713_124357 (resized).jpg20180713_124357 (resized).jpg20180713_124438_001 (resized).jpg20180713_124438_001 (resized).jpg20180713_124451 (resized).jpg20180713_124451 (resized).jpg20180713_124452 (resized).jpg20180713_124452 (resized).jpg20180713_124454 (resized).jpg20180713_124454 (resized).jpg20180713_124459 (resized).jpg20180713_124459 (resized).jpg20180713_124502 (resized).jpg20180713_124502 (resized).jpg20180713_124513 (resized).jpg20180713_124513 (resized).jpg
#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Since it's been officially been announced. Thought I would let everyone know that the color dmd for LAH is great.

Wow... that looks awesome..... I Know what I’m asking Santa for this Christmas.

#1409 5 years ago

Oooooh. Man I can’t wait to get that bad boy in my LAH.

#1410 5 years ago

Here are some screen shots from my beta testing.2018-07-13 15_59_37-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 15_59_37-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_00_12-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_00_12-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_01_55-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_01_55-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_02_21-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 16_02_21-Windows Media Player (resized).png

#1411 5 years ago

Looks fantastic. Is that just the Led version? I am not sure what one I should buy. I have a LCD version in my judge dredd and it looks good. But I haven't seen a led Version in person. So I am a little hesitant.

#1412 5 years ago

Awesome !!!! The last 2 releases are my only dmd games.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Awesome !!!! The last 2 releases are my only dmd games.

Looking at your collection list, you have a Sharkey's Shootout, which is a DMD game.

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

But I haven't seen a led Version in person. So I am a little hesitant.

The screenshots I took above are of the LED display. It really does look good in this machine. I do prefer a LCD, but for this speaker panel configuration, I decided to stick with the LED display especially after testing it.

#1415 5 years ago

A few more from the beta testing. 2018-07-13 23_20_50-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_20_50-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_19_44-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_19_44-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_19_22-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_19_22-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_24_58-Windows Media Player (resized).png2018-07-13 23_24_58-Windows Media Player (resized).png

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looking at your collection list, you have a Sharkey's Shootout, which is a DMD game.

Lol I forgot that ones a dmd,it's probably on its way out the door,still undecided if I like it or not.

#1417 5 years ago

ColourDMD looks awesome for LAH! So many cool animations with a lot of detail I haven’t noticed before.

Cmon CPR get some playfields and plastics made now so we can start restoring some LAH pins.

#1418 5 years ago

The LED display is the best option for DE. It does look great for this title, and if you tend to like the look of the LCD, try the pinball life glare guard. Just turn the LED brightness up to 9, install the glare guard and the contrast is amazing! The glare guard hides the display entirely and only the lit pixels shine through. It also helps to "mix" the rgb subpixels so it smooths a bit too. And of course it keeps the glare off the glass. I liked it so much I installed the same combination in my Tron which had been LCD for years.

For DE you will have to install the glare guard from the inside (but facing the outside). I also found that I had to secure the clear window to the panel with tape since the colordmd does not press against it.

#1419 5 years ago

So I discovered some interesting oddities recently while working on LAH:

1. If you do really badly on a ball (like an insta drain, and another insta drain after ball saved) the game will shift the next lit mode to "extra ball" to help you out on your next ball.
2. If you enable "buy-in" in the adjustments and then choose to continue at the end of the game, the game will clear you score to 0 but retain all of your mode progress, lock states, etc.
3. If you have a fractional credit on the game (like 1/3 credits), at the beginning of ball two, the game will "steal" this quarter away and clear out the fractional credit.

Any other games exhibit these behaviors?

The more you know.....

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

3. If you have a fractional credit on the game (like 1/3 credits), at the beginning of ball two, the game will "steal" this quarter away and clear out the fractional credit.

wow lol...that's skeevy as hell.

#1421 5 years ago

I've had several requests for people looking to purchase the translite I designed for my machine.

If you're interested in one, send me a PM.

Last Action Hero 2 (resized).jpegLast Action Hero 2 (resized).jpeglast action hero (resized).jpeglast action hero (resized).jpeg
#1422 5 years ago

Can you please post some photos of the translite unlit in the game?

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can you please post some photos of the translite unlit in the game?

IMG_2118 (resized).JPGIMG_2118 (resized).JPGIMG_2120 (resized).JPGIMG_2120 (resized).JPG
#1424 5 years ago

Thanks! What price do you have on your translite?

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks! What price do you have on your translite?

pm sent

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Chances are you may have an MPU issue, but to help troubleshoot. I would check to see if you can manually fire each solenoid by grounding the tabs of the transistors very momentarily.Do you have any battery damage? Where the batteries sit is a common location for damage to the special solenoid section.
Capn

Okay... I did not want to waste anyones time on simple stuff I could research on my own. So I dug a bit deeper on this. I was fortunate to have some spare parts from a few other DE games. I swapped out the MPU Boards and both worked fine. Swapped out 3 PPB board, one of them a known working board. As I said before Powerboard was giving good power on all test points. SO....

I was blowing the 3A fuse on F7 on all the PPB boards which installed (they all blew instantly.) This seem to result in, or it occurred at the same time of Q46 transistor blowing. (okay if I am going to be very honest here... on the last attempt I over-fused the F7 to a 5 amp and the transistor blew with a puff of smoke)

I pull up in my manual and Q46 is 1L 6-Ball Assembly Lockout and 1R Top right Police Lights flashers

So what am I looking for her in the 6-Ball Assembly area? (I will of course check the R police flasher on the top, but since they have been enclosed in their plastic for years I do not foresee a problem (unless it is with the wires leading to them.)

(Full disclosure I have recently removed a ton of parts (including the 6-Ball Assembly) when i stripped the PF down to bare wood on the topside and removed every scoop / crome part to polish. Honestly I could have re-solder something wrong or maybe my coil is bad in the 6-Ball assm???)

and I have already reflowed solder on boards and replace several related connectors on the Power board and PPB board... so I do not think I am have a connector issue.

#1427 5 years ago

Im looking at getting the color DMD display for LAH. I noticed that Color DMD website states this:
NOTE: Displays ship preconfigured with ColorDMD SIGMA firmware. Multicolor operation in a Last Action Hero pinball machine requires download and installation of new firmware using a USB flash drive. Instructions for firmware update are provided, and available on the SUPPORT page of our website.

But there isn't a USB port on the board. I do have the current 1.12v rom chip. So Im a little confused on what I would need to buy. Could someone clue me in on how this works? Sorry for the lame question, I've never installed a color DMD.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

But there isn't a USB port on the board.

Yes, USB ports shown circled in yellow. This is as it is how you have to update to the color ROM for any game.LED5 (resized).pngLED5 (resized).png

Quoted from bicyclenut:

I do have the current 1.12v rom chip.

Good. Nothing else to worry about on that. The LAH color ROM will also support the unofficial v1.13 DE game code, if you choose to upgrade.

#1429 5 years ago

Yes, USB ports shown circled in yellow. This is as it is how you have to update to the color ROM for any game.

Oh gotcha! It comes on the new DMD. Easy enough. Thanks for the info.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

The board to the left is the DMD controller board in LAH that needs to be moved over and attached with the standoffs supplied with the LED ColorDMD. Also with the kit will be a power tap and wiring that will supply the needed voltage to the ColorDMD board.

#1431 5 years ago

I just ordered the colorDMD last night for mine. Looks like it will be a huge improvement over stock.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

Okay... I did not want to waste anyones time on simple stuff I could research on my own. So I dug a bit deeper on this. I was fortunate to have some spare parts from a few other DE games. I swapped out the MPU Boards and both worked fine. Swapped out 3 PPB board, one of them a known working board. As I said before Powerboard was giving good power on all test points. SO....
I was blowing the 3A fuse on F7 on all the PPB boards which installed (they all blew instantly.) This seem to result in, or it occurred at the same time of Q46 transistor blowing. (okay if I am going to be very honest here... on the last attempt I over-fused the F7 to a 5 amp and the transistor blew with a puff of smoke)
I pull up in my manual and Q46 is 1L 6-Ball Assembly Lockout and 1R Top right Police Lights flashers
So what am I looking for her in the 6-Ball Assembly area? (I will of course check the R police flasher on the top, but since they have been enclosed in their plastic for years I do not foresee a problem (unless it is with the wires leading to them.)
(Full disclosure I have recently removed a ton of parts (including the 6-Ball Assembly) when i stripped the PF down to bare wood on the topside and removed every scoop / crome part to polish. Honestly I could have re-solder something wrong or maybe my coil is bad in the 6-Ball assm???)
and I have already reflowed solder on boards and replace several related connectors on the Power board and PPB board... so I do not think I am have a connector issue.

Dude. Time to troubleshoot this shit. Start by disconnecting every connection to the PPB board. Then power the game on and off after reconnecting each molex one at a time to narrow down which portion of the game is causing your machine to short out.
Chances are you have connected something improperly after dissasembly. I would assume you took plenty of pics before doing so? If not, dont make that mistake again. At work so i cant go through my manual. Replace that Q46 first. But if you fry a transistor on power up WITH over fusing - you have done something wrong or something has a major short. If you have changed boards and get the same result [its a playfield issue]

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just ordered the colorDMD last night for mine. Looks like it will be a huge improvement over stock.

It sure is a huge improvement, especially the animations that I got the screenshots from several posts above from my beta testing.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

This is my install / USB code update on JP....same boards and cabinet. It's pretty simple and quick.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

This is my install / USB code update on JP....same boards and cabinet. It's pretty simple and quick.

Nice. You show to have your DMD saver board connected to the ColorDMD board at 6:05?

#1436 5 years ago

Hey guys. Been working on the 1.25 mix in what little spare time I have. I have uploaded a video that is only watchable using the link below. Basically just giving a little preview to those that are on the fence about getting a pinsound card. I'm still in the testing phase here at the house, but I hope to have it ready for pinside users on this page soon. Once I get some feedback I'll put it up on the pinsound community page or make adjustments accordingly. Thanks to those that are helping with this project!

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Hey guys. Been working on the 1.25 mix in what little spare time I have. I have uploaded a video that is only watchable using the link below. Basically just giving a little preview to those that are on the fence about getting a pinsound card. I'm still in the testing phase here at the house, but I hope to have it ready for pinside users on this page soon. Once I get some feedback I'll put it up on the pinsound community page or make adjustments accordingly. Thanks to those that are helping with this project!

Can't wait to try it out!

btw... your machine is awesome!

#1438 5 years ago

Just received my V 1.13 ROM and my new display ROM last night. Installed them both. I've already noticed a difference with the 1.13 unofficial version. Very cool.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Yeah- looking forward to trying this out It looks/sounds great!!

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just received my V 1.13 ROM and my new display ROM last night. Installed them both. I've already noticed a difference with the 1.13 unofficial version. Very cool.

I'm completely happy with my 1.13 - but still learning. Notice the new callouts? Rather neat they were in the ROM, but never used.

#1441 5 years ago

Anyone order the LCD color DMD version for LAH?

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Anyone order the LCD color DMD version for LAH?

Do they have the LCD available for LAH? I thought I only saw it in LED

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Do they have the LCD available for LAH? I thought I only saw it in LED

I saw the same thing...

#1444 5 years ago

Well I guess it is no decision then LED it is

#1445 5 years ago

You can install the LCD in LAH if you want to do a permanent mod to the speaker panel and then you have to email ColorDMD for the color ROM for the LCD, as it will not be on the website. LED is the official supported display for LAH and other games (Tommy, TFTC, R&B, LW3) with the same speaker panel.

#1446 5 years ago

So my understanding is, I can get the color DMD for LAH, install it, but I cant get full color display because the website doesnt have the updated firmware for it posted yet. Am I correct in this?

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So my understanding is, I can get the color DMD for LAH, install it, but I cant get full color display because the website doesnt have the updated firmware for it posted yet. Am I correct in this?

As per the announcement, the LED color ROM should be available on the 20th. If you want the LCD color ROM, you will have to email ColorDMD a request.

#1448 5 years ago

As per the announcement, the LED color ROM should be available on the 20th

Ah gotcha...Thats perfect timing for me

#1449 5 years ago

Does anyone know what should be "bulletproofed" on the boards for LAH? I'm not having any issues with mine, but I like to be proactive. I searched Great Plains Electronics for any "kits" but I only find some Stern sound "kits". On different boards, which specific caps, etc.? I haven't searched PinWiki yet. My ColorDMD came in today for mine. I ordered the LED version. I will get the firmware when released. Looking forward to it. Just installed a ColorDMD on my friends Ripley's last night. Wow! What a difference.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Does anyone know what should be "bulletproofed" on the boards for LAH? I'm not having any issues with mine, but I like to be proactive. I searched Great Plains Electronics for any "kits" but I only find some Stern sound "kits". On different boards, which specific caps, etc.? I haven't searched PinWiki yet. My ColorDMD came in today for mine. I ordered the LED version. I will get the firmware when released. Looking forward to it. Just installed a ColorDMD on my friends Ripley's last night. Wow! What a difference.

What I do on games I repair is replace most of the capacitors on the power supply as they do have a life expectancy and 6264 NVRAM for the MPU, which is such an easy 30 second upgrade to get rid of batteries forever since the old Ram is already in a socket. https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Also need to check for any burnt connectors especially cn1, cn2, and cn6 on the power supply as well as for any burnt connectors on the PPB board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.