20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020-174709_Chrome (resized).jpg
bad_switch (resized).jpg
recherche switch (resized).jpg

There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 71.
#1051 6 years ago

Hi, I want to protect the ticket from wear from the scoop ball ejection and want to put a piece of mylar on the area that wears. Question is how wide and long should I use? Should it be cut out to blend in with the black outline of the ticket ( left hand side) so that in years to come it still is fairly invisible or just do a strip say an inch and a half wide down the ticket where it will wear?

Your thoughts

Clive

#1052 6 years ago

Great idea! I would cut to match the black outline of the ticket. It will be less noticeable.

#1053 6 years ago

Heads-up.

Long story super short:

Make sure you fastened the (stupid) loose coil at the bottom of the cabinet.

Mine traveled and touched the ground-strap, blowing fuse F7 every time a new ball needed to be served.

What's that coil for anyways?????

EDIT: I was just told it's the knocker coil, and it should not be loose like this. Looks like I'll be reinstating the knocker in my game.

2 weeks later
#1054 6 years ago

Quick question, my magnet board just toasted. The transistors started falling out, and the fuses blew. I'm looking into buying a new board, but couldn't find the fuse type in the manual.

Anyone happen to know that?

Thanks

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

but couldn't find the fuse type in the manual.

I don't have my manual handy, but the amp rating *should* be written on one of the fuse end caps.

Do you still have your old fuse?

#1056 6 years ago

I think they are 8 amp slow blow.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I don't have my manual handy, but the amp rating *should* be written on one of the fuse end caps.
Do you still have your old fuse?

Mine says 240v 5A. Didn't see any indication of slow blow or not.

#1058 6 years ago

240v 3A slow blow is the correct fuse for the magnets and there are 3 of them one for each magnet. anything above 3A and you risk magnet burn marks on your playfield.

#1059 6 years ago

Joined the club this week. I'm having a blast playing it and cleaning it up.

Anyone have pictures of different color rubber for the posts and slings? I'm looking at all the Titan options and thinking about getting creative.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Anyone have pictures of different color rubber for the posts and slings? I'm looking at all the Titan options and thinking about getting creative.

Read through the pages on this post there are some examples!

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Read through the pages on this post there are some examples!

Saw yours, and took note of the use of the slim posts on the captive ball. Thanks for that info and the pictures.

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I have one photo in my gameroom pics you can look at. I used colored posts and clear rings on my LAH. I did not use the lower post rubber on the posts with rings.

#1063 6 years ago

My playfield has no "ticket wear" (the scoops themselves do....getting Cliffies for those). Would it be wise to give it a good coat of wax and then a mylar patch over the area that the ball hits along the M-Ball insert and the ticket, where most have a wear spot?

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

My playfield has no "ticket wear" (the scoops themselves do....getting Cliffies for those). Would it be wise to give it a good coat of wax and then a mylar patch over the area that the ball hits along the M-Ball insert and the ticket, where most have a wear spot?

If the scoops have gouges / divots, I would recommend filling them before putting on the cliffies. Mine weren't filled, and the cliffies are now bent into the divots making it difficult to hit the scoop shot. There is also a guy that sells a replacement ticket sticker, that you can put directly over that area. People seem to love it. I probably should get one myself. There is a thread on pinside about it.

#1065 6 years ago

If any of you start having issues with your flippers I have documented a correction for this issue so I don’t get random dead flippers from my EOS switch. I documented with photos and info since I had to modify the original fix that only shows how to correct a 3 flipper solid state board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-flipper-board-updates

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

If the scoops have gouges / divots, I would recommend filling them before putting on the cliffies. Mine weren't filled, and the cliffies are now bent into the divots making it difficult to hit the scoop shot. There is also a guy that sells a replacement ticket sticker, that you can put directly over that area. People seem to love it. I probably should get one myself. There is a thread on pinside about it.

I filled, sanded the gouges, and then installed cliffy's, but they effected gameplay a bit too much. Maybe I didn't sand well enough, but on the center scoop, once every 20 games or so, the ball gets stuck on the cliffy while coming down from the pop bumpers. I ended up removing them all together.

Last Action Hero (resized).jpgLast Action Hero (resized).jpg

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I filled, sanded the gouges, and then installed cliffy's, but they effected gameplay a bit too much. Maybe I didn't sand well enough, but on the center scoop, once every 20 games or so, the ball gets stuck on the cliffy while coming down from the pop bumpers. I ended up removing them all together.

That didn´t happen on my LAH with the Cliffy´s, but the scoops get a lot harder to hit with the Cliffy´s installed. But maybe I´m just a lousy player.....

#1068 6 years ago

Anyone have an accurate list of rubber parts for this game? The manual is definitely not 100% accurate because I know it’s completely missing at least two of them.
Looks like it’s missing one next to the lower right scoop, and one at the top to the left of the lanes.

23FA0C1F-8102-47FC-AB80-8ED608E8C1E4 (resized).jpeg23FA0C1F-8102-47FC-AB80-8ED608E8C1E4 (resized).jpeg

#1069 6 years ago

I replaced my rubbers with clear/translucent rings. The book is not accurate. I can't remember what I used. Best to take them off and measure then order. My crane does not come off due to a broken bolt. It was not easy to replace some of those rings!

#1070 6 years ago

Strange thing happened to my LAH today. Suddenly the sound level dropped and the sound is flat. Still all there, just not as full as it used to be. Speaker both test fine, but I have no idea how to test the speaker in the cabinet (sub). And that one seams to be dead. Any ideas?

#1071 6 years ago

Loose connection? Perform a continuity check on the run to the speaker

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from waruaki:

Loose connection? Perform a continuity check on the run to the speaker

found it. So it actually was all still working, just very flat mono soundish. It was my dedicated power supply that I guess is not able to produce enough voltage anymore. Plugged in the original power C2 connector and the bigger sound is back. Unfortunately the humming as well, which I installed the dedicated supply for and which did help.

#1073 6 years ago

Nice job

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Anyone have an accurate list of rubber parts for this game? The manual is definitely not 100% accurate because I know it’s completely missing at least two of them.
Looks like it’s missing one next to the lower right scoop, and one at the top to the left of the lanes.

Just wanted to let others know that 3/16" bands are used on the posts above the 1/2" bumpers. The manual incorrectly labels them as 5/16".

#1075 6 years ago

Noticed a wire under the double scoops that’s not connected to anything. It’s a plain white wire.

Where does this go?

D5AB048F-3064-41A6-B4ED-D984C66ABE49 (resized).jpegD5AB048F-3064-41A6-B4ED-D984C66ABE49 (resized).jpeg

#1076 6 years ago

Anyone installed these yet? Or the other set?

last-action-hero-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east (resized).jpglast-action-hero-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east (resized).jpg

#1077 6 years ago

Haven't seen them yet, do look quite interesting. I am debating mirror blades though.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Noticed a wire under the double scoops that’s not connected to anything. It’s a plain white wire.
Where does this go?

Look like the chicken scoop switch. Is that registering on your game?

15180556336521380386496 (resized).jpg15180556336521380386496 (resized).jpg

#1079 6 years ago

That’s got to be it.
I believe the switch does work, but haven’t had the game long enough or played enough to say for sure. I know get the “Let’s play chicken” call out.
I’ll connect it and see if there is any change.
Thank you very much for the picture!

#1080 6 years ago

My right flipper just started to drop randomly, and sometimes not go up when I press the flipper. It's intermittent. I felt the coil after a game and it was pretty hot, and the left coil wasn't. Should I be looking at replacing the coil, or adjusted the EOS switch? I was too lazy to try anything out tonight. Flippers were rebuilt about 6 months ago. I have a rottendog flipper board in it.

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Haven't seen them yet, do look quite interesting. I am debating mirror blades though.

I did mirror. At the time there were no other options.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

My right flipper just started to drop randomly, and sometimes not go up when I press the flipper. It's intermittent. I felt the coil after a game and it was pretty hot, and the left coil wasn't. Should I be looking at replacing the coil, or adjusted the EOS switch? I was too lazy to try anything out tonight. Flippers were rebuilt about 6 months ago. I have a rottendog flipper board in it.

I posted a fix for the random dropping flipper issue and how to modify the original board to correct this issue.

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I posted a fix for the random dropping flipper issue and how to modify the original board to correct this issue.

I saw that the other day. I have an extra flipper board, but I'm pretty poor at soldering wires and have never soldered a board. I bought my soldering iron when I bought my pinball machine. I imagine I would just ruin it at this point.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I saw that the other day. I have an extra flipper board, but I'm pretty poor at soldering wires and have never soldered a board. I bought my soldering iron when I bought my pinball machine. I imagine I would just ruin it at this point.

Try Firebird pinball. I believe he's in Phoenix. My brother had a very good experience with him and either sponsors or comes out to Zapcom.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Try Firebird pinball. I believe he's in Phoenix. My brother had a very good experience with him and either sponsors or comes out to Zapcom.

Oh awesome. Yeah, I check his site often. Its good to hear posotive reviews. I have a few boards I need soldered, old magnet board, and a light board (Not sure what you call it). I was thinking about giving him a call. I fried my switch matrix over xmas, and mailed the board out. Afterwards I realized firebird did board repair. Would have saved me some trouble and shipping cost...

#1086 6 years ago

I have mirror blades on mine and it looks amazing.

#1087 6 years ago

Do The stern mirror blades work on this game?

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Jayg1981:

Do The stern mirror blades work on this game?

Yes, Stern will work. That is what I took from my LOTR and put in LAH.

#1089 6 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. Found a great one with a little scoop wear and no ticket wear. Came with alt translight and 1.13 roms. It is a very fun game. Only issue I have had so far is my 9 year old son had a great game and crushed me.

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from Uofkgrad1990:

Joined the club this weekend. Found a great one with a little scoop wear and no ticket wear. Came with alt translight and 1.13 roms. It is a very fun game. Only issue I have had so far is my 9 year old son had a great game and crushed me.

Welcome to the club. It is a great game. Make sure to put an NVRAM in, best investment ever.

#1091 6 years ago

It is a great game

Isn't it? It always surprises me considering what I have to compare it with. LAH always stands on its own!

#1092 6 years ago

My LAH was a steal at $1200 a few years ago. Great game for that price. It was my first pin. Will never sell it!

1 week later
#1093 6 years ago

Hey Heroes! I’m considering joining the club but I have a pretty small collection with JP which I play a lot. Are the two games too similar to have in a collection of 5 or 6 games? Appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hey Heroes! I’m considering joining the club but I have a pretty small collection with JP which I play a lot. Are the two games too similar to have in a collection of 5 or 6 games? Appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

I think they are different enough to have both. It will fit in with your diverse collection.

#1095 6 years ago

I'm working on a video review for Pin Stadium on this game, guys. Until then here is a side by side comparison. In the video I have some need to know info. I should have it up within the next day or so.

20180227_004917 (resized).jpg20180227_004917 (resized).jpg

#1096 6 years ago

Yeah, so. I'm in here for now.

#1097 6 years ago

Welcome to the club. It is a great game. Make sure to put an NVRAM in, best investment ever.

Just ordered the NVRAM. I need to replace the post sleeves for the right side captured ball. I saw that Titan sells Stern Slim post sleeves. Does anyone know if these will work? I thought the slim would be best to so that the captured ball isn't quite as hard to hit.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Uofkgrad1990:

Just ordered the NVRAM. I need to replace the post sleeves for the right side captured ball. I saw that Titan sells Stern Slim post sleeves. Does anyone know if these will work? I thought the slim would be best to so that the captured ball isn't quite as hard to hit.

Yep I have them on mine

#1099 6 years ago

Pin Stadium Install and Review for Last Action Hero

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Pin Stadium Install and Review for Last Action Hero
» YouTube video

Love your set-up... that thing is pimped out.

I think next mod I need to look in to is having the scoops lit up. that's a great effect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.50
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 3,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/22?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.