20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 71.
#751 7 years ago

Perfect!
Thanks capn

#752 7 years ago

Hello guys I was trying to access to the underside playfield but i'm not able to put it full raised up and under rest (on the backbox).

How i'm supposed to do it on this data east pin? It is so easy on Bally/williams!

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys I was trying to access to the underside playfield but i'm not able to put it full raised up and under rest (on the backbox).
How i'm supposed to do it on this data east pin? It is so easy on Bally/williams!

once you lift the PF up about a foot you should be able to pull the PF towards you which will allow it to slide on the rails and then you can make it up upright (Requires some tug). If you are still unable then you may want to make sure your cables are not snagged on anything. Sometimes the cable covers (black shielding) is mounted to the backbox by a screw and zip tie. Make sure you have enough slack.

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hey everyone, I am trying to put together a last action and someone cut a connector of the playfield harness. Could someone post a picture of connector j-8 on the ppb. It's in the lowest row of connectors behind the speaker panel. Strangely, the schematic is written for Jurassic park and doesn't give all the same wires.
Any help would be much appreciated

Did you check the Tech Chart?
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Last_Action_Hero_Tech_Chart.pdf
All the wires match the image that's posted here.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

once you lift the PF up about a foot you should be able to pull the PF towards you which will allow it to slide on the rails and then you can make it up upright (Requires some tug).

When putting the playfield back, I slightly lift the back end up
in order to get over the "hump" of the side rails.
( clasp the back playfield by reaching around over the back wall )

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

once you lift the PF up about a foot you should be able to pull the PF towards you which will allow it to slide on the rails and then you can make it up upright (Requires some tug). If you are still unable then you may want to make sure your cables are not snagged on anything. Sometimes the cable covers (black shielding) is mounted to the backbox by a screw and zip tie. Make sure you have enough slack.

I've tried to do like this but it seems to be blocked in the lower part by the pieces of wood on the cabinet side. Also I don't see any blocking system like in bally Williams. What would prevent the pf to slide back down??

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I've tried to do like this but it seems to be blocked in the lower part by the pieces of wood on the cabinet side. Also I don't see any blocking system like in bally Williams. What would prevent the pf to slide back down??

Take a picture, and show.

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

When putting the playfield back, I slightly lift the back end up
in order to get over the "hump" of the side rails.
( clasp the back playfield by reaching around over the back wall )

I only lift the back end when putting the PF back in.

Quoted from Pesmerga:

Yes, we would like to see some pics or even a video to assist further.

#759 7 years ago

LOL, just found out that the light bulb schedule in the original maintenance manual are pretty much incorrect. I had found a couple light bulbs out and thinking I would be smart I looked in the manual and ordered a bunch of #44 since they were listed as such. Came in the mail, and I was eager to replace them....should have looked first. They are #555, no I have to wait another 2 days for new lights ;-(.

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I had found a couple light bulbs out and thinking I would be smart I looked in the manual and ordered a bunch of #44 since they were listed as such.

Pinball tip 101, never trust the game manual. Fiscally check the part
then check again and verify.

#761 7 years ago

Anyone be able to post an up close picture or scan of the speaker grilles and emblem in the middle of the topper. It's the last few things I need to get this thing back together (I think?)
Thanks again for the help guys

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

There should be a bungie on the bottom of the cabinet that keeps it upright. I don't believe it is meant to rest all the way on the backbox.

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Anyone be able to post an up close picture or scan of the speaker grilles and emblem in the middle of the topper. It's the last few things I need to get this thing back together (I think?)
Thanks again for the help guys

Will shoot some pictures tomorrow night. You need it from the backside I assume?

#764 7 years ago

Will shoot some pictures tomorrow night. You need it from the backside I assume?

Actually need pictures of the front were the tickets are on the grills. Gonna try to make a stencil but can find a close enough picture

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Actually need pictures of the front were the tickets are on the grills. Gonna try to make a stencil but can find a close enough picture

WP_20170118_20_35_45_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170118_20_35_45_Rich (resized).jpg

WP_20170118_20_35_39_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170118_20_35_39_Rich (resized).jpg

WP_20170118_20_35_48_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170118_20_35_48_Rich (resized).jpg

#766 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks!!! Those should work. Can you post one of the emblem in the middle of the topper too? Thanks for the help

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Awesome, thanks!!! Those should work. Can you post one of the emblem in the middle of the topper too? Thanks for the help

I might have to take another one in daylight tomorrow.

WP_20170120_20_11_41_Rich (2) (resized).jpgWP_20170120_20_11_41_Rich (2) (resized).jpg

#768 7 years ago

Thanks strangesubset1. If you can't get one with out shadows, then I will try to make it work.
Thanks much

#769 7 years ago

So what do you do if the bottom if your cabinet is falling apart and you really want to use the shaker motor again, but don't feel like tackling the complete cabinet rebuilt yet.....
Not pretty but it works.

WP_20170122_13_19_14_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170122_13_19_14_Rich (resized).jpg

WP_20170122_13_18_52_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170122_13_18_52_Rich (resized).jpg

WP_20170122_13_18_45_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170122_13_18_45_Rich (resized).jpg

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Thanks strangesubset1. If you can't get one with out shadows, then I will try to make it work.
Thanks much

This is the best I can do. Sorry. Mine is not the best anymore

WP_20170122_13_24_18_Rich (2).jpgWP_20170122_13_24_18_Rich (2).jpg

#771 7 years ago

Man, that is perfect!!!! Thanks and good luck with your cabinet

#772 7 years ago

Hi guys! Sorry, I've been busy in these days but I promise I will send you a picture as soon as I can! Thank you very much for your help!!

#773 7 years ago

I thought I had read this here somewhere, but after rereading the entire thread and 772 post, I can't seem to find it anymore.
Here is my issue. The ball sometimes gets stuck at the VUK on the top right. The one that shoots it onto the ramp or crane if in place.
The coil works, tests fine and probably 2-3 times fires fine, but 1 out of 3 times it simply sits there and does nothing. This seems to happen more often in multi ball mode. I have to wait an easy 20 seconds for the ball to go into missing ball mode and fire all the coils for it to be ejected. This is particular bothersome in multi ball mode, since the VUK gets blocked.
Any help is appreciated.

#774 7 years ago

I thought I had read this here somewhere, but after rereading the entire thread and 772 post, I can't seem to find it anymore.
Here is my issue. The ball sometimes gets stuck at the VUK on the top right. The one that shoots it onto the ramp or crane if in place.
The coil works, tests fine and probably 2-3 times fires fine, but 1 out of 3 times it simply sits there and does nothing. This seems to happen more often in multi ball mode. I have to wait an easy 20 seconds for the ball to go into missing ball mode and fire all the coils for it to be ejected. This is particular bothersome in multi ball mode, since the VUK gets blocked.
Any help is appreciated.

I would check the solder joints on the switch. May not have a good connection. When multiball is active so is your shaker motor which can vibrate any loose connection you have in the game.

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I would check the solder joints on the switch. May not have a good connection. When multiball is active so is your shaker motor which can vibrate any loose connection you have in the game.

Thanks. Will check tomorrow. That sounds logical. Found a couple bad solder joint before, just did not venture that far back under the playfield. Makes sense though, now that my shaker is running again.

#776 7 years ago

I have a couple of questions as someone who is just getting their machine out back together.
Did any of you leave the short rubber sleeves off your posts and just run the rubber rings on them?
Do any of you have a picture handy of the VUK switch? I can feel the end of the switch but there isn't anything in the hole for the ball to trigger.
I have a couple more things to address and then I can put the ramp and wireforms back on and start playing it.

20170123_192947 (resized).jpg20170123_192947 (resized).jpg

#777 7 years ago

Just happened to have a mechanism handy

14852847494601131904325 (resized).jpg14852847494601131904325 (resized).jpg

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Just happened to have a mechanism handy

I appreciate that! Thanks!
That is what I was hoping to see. I have that circular wire in my misc cabinet treasures. Just need to reattach.

#779 7 years ago

Ha. Seems to solve my problem as well. My loop seems to be bend up, so the ball gets around it and gets stuck under it, which is why the coil won't for. Access to this one sucks. Tough to get to without having to unsolder wires.

WP_20170124_21_21_10_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170124_21_21_10_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20170124_21_34_28_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170124_21_34_28_Pro (resized).jpg

#780 7 years ago

StrangeSubset1 If problem continues, you might want to replace
with upgraded part #180-5116-01 "fork tongue" microswitch assembly.

#781 7 years ago

Do you know if I need the diode on the replacement as well?

#782 7 years ago

Yes

#783 7 years ago

Just ordered a rottendog MPU for my LAH. Anyone else have one? Looking for some reviews.

#784 7 years ago

Anyone able to give a me a high res scan of the plastic that covers the ripper coil? Coil burnt up and took the plastic with it. Would like to make a new one made.

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Just ordered a rottendog MPU for my LAH. Anyone else have one? Looking for some reviews.

I just got one so I can't say anything except the game plays normally, as far as I can tell.
Finished the last thing on my to do list: install new drops and put on the new crane lettering. I'm sure I'll find something else to tinker with but for now it is done. Huge thank you to @caker137, I've been playing with the new firmware since I got the machine. It really improves so many modes and the real ball save is so needed for me.

SavedImage_20170130_213801_02 (resized).jpgSavedImage_20170130_213801_02 (resized).jpg

SavedImage_20170130_213824_02 (resized).jpgSavedImage_20170130_213824_02 (resized).jpg

20170130_215925 (resized).jpg20170130_215925 (resized).jpg

#786 7 years ago

I just joined the club! Beautiful machine (pics on my profile).

Newer rom worth it?

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Anyone able to give a me a high res scan of the plastic that covers the ripper coil? Coil burnt up and took the plastic with it. Would like to make a new one made.

If nobody gets you one by Saturday I will. Can't get to it right now.

#788 7 years ago

If nobody gets you one by Saturday I will. Can't get to it right now.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Also, my rottendog MPU for LAH is working great, everyone.

#789 7 years ago

I have a rottendog in mine and have had no problems what so ever.

#790 7 years ago

Question for those who have had the game for a while: I see it mentioned that it features songs from the soundtrack but I haven't recognized any version of them. When do they play?

#791 7 years ago

This is the main theme as you play.

#792 7 years ago

I don't have any soundtrack playing. Am I missing some sort of sound chip?

#793 7 years ago

you may need to go into your settings under the adjustments. There is an option to turn down the background music.

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

you may need to go into your settings under the adjustments. There is an option to turn down the background music.

Turn down? I would assume i have to turn it up, don't I?

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This is the main theme as you play.

I knew that.

Thanks! I am embarrassed to admit but I never heard that song as Big Guns until I listened to them both back to back.

#797 7 years ago

If anybody is looking for an alternative translite for their LAH, I now have this one available which actually has the correct logo text matching the cabinet artwork:

LAH alt translite flat copy (resized).jpgLAH alt translite flat copy (resized).jpg

Message me if interested, or it'll be on the Retro Refurbs website next week.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#798 7 years ago

Turn down? I would assume i have to turn it up, don't I?

either way, yea. Did that solve your issue though?

#799 7 years ago

I'm interesting in purchasing a LAH soon. What is a fair price I should expect to pay for a average to nice one?

#800 7 years ago

the prices of pins are going up in general due to the rise of interests. I would say that an average condition one will run $1400-$2000. Many variables apply. Including your pinball economy in your area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.