20240317_164915 (resized).jpg
IMG20231222163745 (resized).jpg
20231217_164559 (resized).jpg
20231217_163932 (resized).jpg
20231119_150215 (resized).jpg
20231119_195951 (resized).jpg
bad_matrix (resized).jpg
20231022_194847 (resized).jpg
There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 71.
#551 8 years ago

Last action hero replacement ticket order.

I have had some interest lately so if there is enough interest to do a run of 10 then I will run it again. Price would be $30 + $2 shipping. (smaller run, cost is higher)

Send me your info and I'll make a list and when I have 10 orders I will let everyone know in this thread. Thanks, Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-replacement-ticket#post-2723367

Edit: Forgot to mention that price is in USD

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Hi everyone!
I'm new here and have just bought my first pinball, LAH!
I would like to connect led buttons and bottom led light.
Anyone know If there are like a 3-way 12vdc splitter to buy?
Or how do i do the easiest way.?

I'll post links to what I used. I have LED flipper buttons, LED speaker kit, and cabinet underglow kit working just fine.

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=601

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396

Note: This method isn't the easiest, but it is the best. You will need to get the correct male/female molex connectors and pins from pinball life or marco. I use to have it rigged to the 12v rail next to the coin door. Wasn't very stable, plus it was tacky the way I had it rigged. This is much more safe and stable.

#553 8 years ago

Someone knows if the Arnold with kid Translite are for sale somewhere?

please pm.

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Someone knows if the Arnold with kid Translite are for sale somewhere?
please pm.

http://pugsotoys.wix.com/pinballalternatives#!translites

This is the site from the guy who sells them, you have to contact him directly via email

[email protected]

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

http://pugsotoys.wix.com/pinballalternatives#!translites
This is the site from the guy who sells them, you have to contact him directly via email
[email protected]

I have his TX Sector that I'm going to use as wall art and his LAH in my game and the quality of those 2 is great.
m

1 week later
#556 8 years ago

How do I check the crane lock coil with my multimeter
The coil doesn't move in gameplay or in coil test

#557 8 years ago

Very doubtful that the coil is bad. Are you talking about the relay that is ON the crane that keeps the ball from rolling out or the solenoid that releases the balls from the multiball lock area?

1 week later
#558 8 years ago

do you need the mill bulb tool when changing to leds at the LAH? or can you "easily" change all lamps without it?

#559 8 years ago

Hi all,

This was the first pinball I got a few months ago. Extremely dump question - but how do I set this to free play? I have to keep going to the menu and manually adding credits.

Have tried searching online a bit and haven't been able to find a answer yet.

#560 8 years ago

Behind service/coin door next to the shaker motor there is 2 buttons you can toggle with. Depending on whether the green button is clicked in or not depends on whether you go into "Adjustments" or "Diagnostics". When you push the black button you want it to go to "Adjustments". Then just keep pressing the black button til you reach "Free Play" and it will be default set to "NO". You then hit the start button on the machine to change it to "YES". Then you can hit the black button again and it will say "Settings Saved" with the Dekker saying "Slater!!" Then all you have to do is reboot the machine.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

do you need the mill bulb tool when changing to leds at the LAH? or can you "easily" change all lamps without it?

No tool needed to change the bulbs, however you gonna need other tools to remove ALL the plastics and ALL the ramps, data east games are a real PITA when it comes to this.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

No tool needed to change the bulbs, however you gonna need other tools to remove ALL the plastics and ALL the ramps, data east games are a rea PITA when it comes to this.

#563 8 years ago

Another question...

i have 4 yellow cables with cable shoes just hanging on the backside of the coin door, i guess they should be to light up the coin input plastics?, but i have no lampholder or light in it at all.. could someone post a picture of theirs and i can see what´s missing. THANX!!

#564 8 years ago

My first game was Jurassic Park. I had to tear the darn thing apart to change the bulbs, because Data East, so I thought that was just the standard way everyone did it. Then I get a RFM, and start tearing it down from the top, only to learn halfway through that it's the easiest pin ever to change pins in. My last pin was LAH, and I changed the inserts to LEDs but honestly gave up on tearing it down to get to the GI, so it's half incandescent, and somehow I'm ok with that. Staples are awful and should never ever be used to hold down lights.

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Staples are awful and should never ever be used to hold down lights.

the price difference between a bracketed bulb socket and the stapes ones (at least retail) are night and day difference. It's possible DE/SEGA came across a deal on them. I agree they are a pain in the ass since most people change bulbs (at least GI) from the bottom.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Another question...
i have 4 yellow cables with cable shoes just hanging on the backside of the coin door, i guess they should be to light up the coin input plastics?, but i have no lampholder or light in it at all.. could someone post a picture of theirs and i can see what´s missing. THANX!!

Here you go.

Photo_Nov_01_22_51_48.jpgPhoto_Nov_01_22_51_48.jpg

Photo_Nov_01_22_50_54.jpgPhoto_Nov_01_22_50_54.jpg

Photo_Nov_01_22_51_14.jpgPhoto_Nov_01_22_51_14.jpg

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Here you go.

Photo_Nov_01_22_51_48.jpg Photo_Nov_01_22_50_54.jpg Photo_Nov_01_22_51_14.jpg

Thanx!!, i´m missing that two black lamp holders.. wonder why someone would take them away.

have to search for two now..

#568 8 years ago

I´m installing the cointaker premium led kit right now and and luckily i haven´t counted the hours i spent so far, some lights are a real sucker to reach to.

and the "manual" was a total joke, only got half of it and that is very strange and with many errors.

Well, some hours more and i´m DONE!

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

I´m installing the cointaker premium led kit right now and and luckily i haven´t counted the hours i spent so far, some lights are a real sucker to reach to.
and the "manual" was a total joke, only got half of it and that is very strange and with many errors.
Well, some hours more and i´m DONE!

Are you cleaning the undersides of the inserts before changing bulbs? That is a must.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you cleaning the undersides of the inserts before changing bulbs? That is a must.

i´m waxing everything on the playfield, but no cleaning of the soldering at the undersides if that´s what you meant? everything glows fine!

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Unfortunately I have found cointaker manuals for most games are wrong as well.... just finished my haunted house and was missing alot of the bulbs i needed and had some stuff labeled wrong but on a good side i had about 30 extra bulbs after i was done. So next machine i do will be a little cheaper.

Quoted from ozzyzz:

i´m waxing everything on the playfield, but no cleaning of the soldering at the undersides if that´s what you meant? everything glows fine!

I think he means the plastic inserts on the playfield that led's will light up....they usually get a blackish film of dust from solenoids and such over time. It will make them shine brighter with new led's if cleaned first

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I think he means the plastic inserts on the playfield that led's will light up....they usually get a blackish film of dust from solenoids and such over time. It will make them shine brighter with new led's if cleaned first

Yup, Q tips and alcohol....lots of Q tips.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, Q tips and alcohol....lots of Q tips.

Everything is Polished to the max!

#575 8 years ago

Problem!:

after when i changed all lamps to leds, my ball launch won´t work, when i push the handgun button, all lamps flashes four times, the same if i push left flipper button. i think everything else works.

what could be wrong?

#576 8 years ago

prob blew a fuse.

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

prob blew a fuse.

Hopefully the only thing that happened, no multimeter at home and ofcourse no extra fuses

but why would all lamps flash 4 times when triggering the ball?

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Hopefully the only thing that happened, no multimeter at home and ofcourse no extra fuses
but why would all lamps flash 4 times when triggering the ball?

Made the famous "back to school" magic thing as the soldering station was unpacked for the first time in many years.. F8 was BLOWN! everyone else tested glowed fine with 3V batteries

note: it´s not the F8 fuse shown in the picture...

IMG_3062.JPGIMG_3062.JPG

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Made the famous "back to school" magic thing as the soldering station was unpacked for the first time in many years.. F8 was BLOWN! everyone else tested glowed fine with 3V batteries
note: it´s not the F8 fuse shown in the picture...
IMG_3062.JPG

Did that fix your problem?

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did that fix your problem?

Don´t know yet, have to get a new fuse, but if i´m lucky that´s it, manual says F7,F8,F9 goes to 50V coils.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Don´t know yet, have to get a new fuse, but if i´m lucky that´s it, manual says F7,F8,F9 goes to 50V coils.

it was F8 that caused the auto launch not to work.

Cheers!

#582 8 years ago

Could someone post a picture of the wires going into the back of the start button please - thanks in advance

#583 8 years ago

@ozzyzz Let me guess, You installed leds with the power on? Big no no. It's a good way to blow fuses and chips

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

@ozzyzz Let me guess, You installed leds with the power on? Big no no. It's a good way to blow fuses and chips

Nej!

Never got the power on when i do something with electrisity..

But i might have forgot it if i saw something wrong with one bulb.

Took the powercard out of the backbox cause i was installing the data east power tap at cn6, damn it looks like shit on the backside, can't believe it still works fine. Will buy a new one before something goes bad.

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Could someone post a picture of the wires going into the back of the start button please - thanks in advance

Here you go!

Photo_Nov_09_22_04_55.jpgPhoto_Nov_09_22_04_55.jpg

Photo_Nov_09_22_05_52.jpgPhoto_Nov_09_22_05_52.jpg

Photo_Nov_09_22_04_26.jpgPhoto_Nov_09_22_04_26.jpg

#586 8 years ago

Thanks that just what I needed.

#587 8 years ago

Anyone installed the Flipper Fidelity V3b in their LAH?

wanna know if it´s worth installing..

#588 8 years ago

Never used FF, but i have a 600W external sub that I use for LAH and it makes a hell of a difference. This game has bass going constantly and when the gunshots fire it sounds great!

#589 8 years ago

I installed the pinsound board, with a HD mix, and that makes the very great difference.
I also changed the 2 old speakers, with 2 new (car). it sounds clearer than the old ones.
Finally with the latest game ROM, this game is a keeper.

#590 8 years ago

I am thinking of buying a flipper rebuild kit, then it is never changed since the game was new , do not know if it's worth it ? Flippers works well but they perhaps works even better if I replace them? or should I just replace the 090-5020-30 coils?

i want to make the game feel as new as possible by changing part to part...

cointaker leds are now installed and orange led buttons, looks really great!

any tips are welcome!

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from ozzyzz:

Flippers works well but they perhaps works even better if I replace them? or should I just replace the 090-5020-30 coils?

If the coils work, don't bother replacing them. You'll see no improvement. If they are nice and strong it's probably just fine to leave everyhting alone. If you decide to rebuild them, when I rebuild I change the coil sleeves, linkage arms, and possible the nylon bushings. Those are the only things that wear out.

#592 8 years ago

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT!

If your ball can be launched from the flipper to up the ramp with no issues then you have enough power. If you want a faster ball, then raise the back legs up or wax the playfield. I'll try and post some pics of my machine later to give you some thoughts on things you can do with your money. For instance I recommend getting the cliffy protector set. Those two scoops in the center get a lot of 'action'. Also get you a small piece of mylar to protect the PF when the ball exits the dynamite scoop. The area on top left of the movie ticket is a common wear spot on majority of the games i have seen.

#593 8 years ago

OK.... added the thread to my Favorites. Just picked up a LAH at Houston Expo last week; thanks JW!! Fun table, very underrate.
Just order Cliffy's hole and post protectors; it seems to be a must for this game. The play-field is about an 8 out of 10 with little wear. Only signs of wear is the damn holes and the golden ticket.

I see many people adding LED to the table..... has anyone tried the pinballbulbs.com kit?????? It looks amazing!!!
Please chime in..... I know Macro and Coin taker have a kit too.......

Anyway....

MM

OUT

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

OK.... added the thread to my Favorites. Just picked up a LAH at Houston Expo last week; thanks JW!! Fun table, very underrate.
Just order Cliffy's hole and post protectors; it seems to be a must for this game. The play-field is about an 8 out of 10 with little wear. Only signs of wear is the damn holes and the golden ticket.
I see many people adding LED to the table..... has anyone tried the pinballbulbs.com kit?????? It looks amazing!!!
Please chime in..... I know Macro and Coin taker have a kit too.......
Anyway....
MM
OUT

There is an overlay for the ticket. Guy in Canada makes them

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

There is an overlay for the ticket. Guy in Canada makes them

We just did a small run. Back by popular demand We have a few left. $30usd + shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-replacement-ticket

#596 8 years ago

Yes... i saw. I should be able to buy next week.

Thank you...

MM

OUT

#597 8 years ago

All my bulbs for this game I bought from cointaker. I was very picky on the colors I chose and style too.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

I installed the pinsound board, with a HD mix, and that makes the very great difference.
I also changed the 2 old speakers, with 2 new (car). it sounds clearer than the old ones.
Finally with the latest game ROM, this game is a keeper.

I played LAH with some Back in black and hells bells off my phone, sounded awesome together! Think you could post a video with what you have going right now? Thinking about getting a pinsound board.. Thx

#599 8 years ago

Yep i will post a short vid, of my LAH with the pinsound, very soon.

#600 8 years ago

Awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.