You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I was hoping top get some help from some of you guys that know a lot more than me. The game was working perfectly except was having problems with it retaining settings when starting back up it would no longer be in free play.. The battery compartment had very minor corrosion I cleaned it and it worked good for about 6 months.It started doing it again so i ordered a new battery holder and installed it. It has two leads that connect to the board on one end and nothing on the other end .Is this correct? when I removed the old board it was hard to tell how many leads it had. I started it up and it holds the free play but it is acting weird now? seems its having a hard time find the ball coils are popping a lot. any clues on what I have done to it LOL Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Pictures?

#3 7 years ago

Here are a few

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

For $5 why don't you put NVRAM in and never worry about batteries again??? I did it to my LAH, it's already socketed so SUPER easy.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

For $5 why don't you put NVRAM in and never worry about batteries again???

What he said!

#6 7 years ago

That sounds good and all but thats not going to fix my acting weird problem is it?

#7 7 years ago

NVRAM gets rid of batteries for good. it is a new memory chip that will outlive us. Yes, it will fix the issue you are having.

#8 7 years ago

The memory problem is gone but something has happened after changing it out .I am having coils fire when I am playing the game for no reason? Trying to figure out why this is happening after replacing battery holder

#9 7 years ago

You have acid damage on the board. It can be seen on the diode lead in one of your photos.

When you had the original problem you should have removed the original holder treat all areas of corrosion then replace the battery hold and any affected components.

I would thoroughly review the board for traces of green acid on any chip and component leads and replace/treat infected areas.

#10 7 years ago

Where can you buy nvram for $5?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Bobster44:

.I am having coils fire when I am playing the game for no reason? Trying to figure out why this is happening after replacing battery holder

I think that is a coincidence. Change the 5v (100uf 25v or higher) C2 capacitor on your power supply. If the 5volts dips, lots of weird things can happen including reboots and random coils fire and even boot up failures will occur if the voltage does not get above 4.75volts.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Where can you buy nvram for $5?

Search for the topic on nvram experience, aliexpress has them as cheap as $2.

First time you have to mess with acid damage it's nvram all the way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-here-replace-battery-holder-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.