Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by spinout
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BNmY4ZjQ5ZDAtODU3Ny00YWUxLWI2YTQtZmYwODUwM2U1Y2NlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4OTg3MTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
24FBCC7C-6BD0-46BC-B93E-A8C44E8D2873.gif
0D4FDD90-1168-4126-820C-A5D6441B6FC6.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

I had it done about 20 years ago. It lasted about 8 years for me to get back to the point that road signs were hard to read again. Then I had it done again and it lasted about 8 more years. Then I went to have it done a third time and they said they'd decided it was no longer safe to lift up an old flap to redo lasik more than a year after the initial surgery. So I had PRK done on one eye. I'm currently about 20/20 in the good eye and maybe 20/50 in the bad eye. Getting close to redoing the bad eye, but worried that it will make reading tough. That's why they recommended keeping one eye for near vision and one eye for far vision after age 40.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is it still the case that LASIK can correct for nearsightedness OR farsightedness, but eventually you need reading glasses again? I’ve worn glasses since age 9, and i much prefer contacts instead of heavy glasses but they irritate my eyes after a few hours. Have been considering LASIK for years.

Yep. See my post above. It only corrects what's wrong now. If your eyes were going to keep changing for life, that won't stop. Kinda sucks...

1 year later
#39 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone here get the PRK procedure vs the lasik?

Both. I had my left eye done for the third time back in August. That makes 3 on both eyes. Two LASIK and one PRK. Supposedly they no longer will do LASIK enhancements more than a year after the initial treatment as lifting the original flap is considered too risky (what they told me the third time around). They lifted the flaps when I had them done the second time after about 7 years.

This third treatment on the left eye is the first time I didn't end up 20/20. I went from not seeing any letters at all on the driving test (just white nothing) to a blurry 20/25. This third treatment included lifetime free enhancements, so I'll probably get that eye done again in a year or so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lasik-eye-surgery-club?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.