update-2.jpg
update-1.jpg
003.JPG
saucer mold.jpg
alien mold.jpg
afm thumbnail-1.jpg
saucer lights-1.jpg
saucer lights-2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Habeboo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Small suggestion, put runner leds on the Martian ship lights, it will throw it over the tip top...

That concept is already in my design but not implemented on the prototype. Joe and I are still trying to calculate cost and final price. Working together but in different areas of the country also adds to the logistics of an already intricate topper design. Combining our styles has been creatively inspiring. We just want to stress that this will almost certainly be a one run limited edition design. If you are interested please email Joe this week so we can really get an accurate count and cost. We really just want to build one of the best toppers ever made... without going crazy Thanks for all the kind words. -Dan

ATTACKKK!

1 week later
#107 10 years ago

Hello everyone. Joe and I want to thank you for all the kind words. It's been a great response to our topper. I just wanted to give an update on the saucer lights. I have been working on the saucer molds so I can include individual LED's. I think I have solved the problems and have posted a couple pics of the saucer when lit. I have also added some pics of the raw molds and one of my concept sketches. Just a reminder that if you want to reserve a topper you have to email Joe by Saturday. Thanks again! - Dan

saucer lights-2.jpgsaucer lights-2.jpg
saucer lights-1.jpgsaucer lights-1.jpg
afm thumbnail-1.jpgafm thumbnail-1.jpg
alien mold.jpgalien mold.jpg
saucer mold.jpgsaucer mold.jpg

2 months later
#142 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I was wondering if Al's and mine have been shipped yet.
Bump
Dan

We will be shipping the first batch of international shipments next Friday. Al and your topper are shipping together and should leave then -Dan

#143 9 years ago

Update from the AFM topper world. We have finished the first full week of building and things are going well. The first batch of toppers will ship today with new batches leaving every Friday until the run is done. It has been quite the odyssey bringing such a complex topper from design to production but we are really starting to move now. I will continue to provide updates over the next 30 days. I have posted a few pics of the build. Thanks to everyone for their patience. Thanks -Dan

update-1.jpgupdate-1.jpg update-2.jpgupdate-2.jpg update-3.jpgupdate-3.jpg update-4.jpgupdate-4.jpg
1 week later
#164 9 years ago

Week 2 of the build is over and we are 1/3 the way through the run. This week's toppers were mostly international customers. Thanks for posting pics of the topper on the machine. Looks great! More soon. -Dan

3 weeks later
#194 9 years ago

Hello everyone. We are down to the last 23 of the run and will be shipping them out in 2 batches starting early next week. Thanks for all the kind words from those who have received their toppers, and for the patience from those waiting. I will make a final post as soon as they are all finished and shipped. -Dan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Habeboo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laseriffic-tilt-toppers-presents-afm-a-3d-collaboration-topper?tu=Habeboo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.