SAM_1370.JPG
SAM_1369.JPG
SAM_1368.JPG
SAM_1367.JPG
image.jpg
SAM_1358.JPG
SAM_1357.JPG
SAM_1356.JPG
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Joe, You already know this, but I am in as well.

#52 10 years ago

Needs bigger straps too.

#53 10 years ago

Here is what we modeled it off of.

#54 10 years ago

Don't see any image.

#56 10 years ago

rough it up, make it look worn, stain vs paint, bigger straps, metal helmet.. If you look at RTL album cover this is the chair.
Will have something later this weekend.

#57 10 years ago

Straighten those legs. The ones on the cover are straight. Curved ones look too fancy.

#58 10 years ago

Actually, none of them have front legs. Just that front post. What you guys are calling legs are actually brass supports. This is what the State of Virginia electric chair looks like, which is what everything is modeled after.

electric_chair.jpgelectric_chair.jpg

Not all burnt up. But, I think that it can be "bad assed" up some.

#59 10 years ago

Now I'm definitely out.

#60 10 years ago

Nice, dkpinball.

#61 10 years ago

I am a big fan of mods and toppers. But it's not easy to make something that will look cool and right for this game.
From the pictures I saw, Dirty Donnys artwork is rich, powerfull and thick on this pin. In my eyes he has a total unique style.
I didn't want a new pinball game. With AC/DC, SM, WoZ and Hobbit comming I thought I have enough and no more room for one more. But the moment I saw the Metallica pictures I knew I would have to get one. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but STERN and Dirty Donnie nailed the look of this pin for me. So I sold my SM to get one.
But I don't know how someone could make a topper that doesn't look odd to the DD art.

For the MoPLE I would like to see a "Master of Puppets" text scuplture in arctic silver or, or with an uplighting grave cross. Simple but cool so it would go well with the rest.

http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Master%20of%20Puppets&name=metallica.ttf&size=40&style_color=8B8BAB

#62 10 years ago

That's the thing, I can't use DD artwork but then again DD is not Metallica despite what the pin looks like. I am going to finish this topper and then you all can decide, if I had permission like I was asking for for months we would have something totally different.. like what's going on my machine.

#63 10 years ago

I think it looks great. It maybe a missmatch for MOPLE but, will look nice on the other cabs and that will be the majority anyway. If I end up getting a MET I'll want one.

#64 10 years ago

People don't even know the first album was to be called metal up your ass

What posers and fanboys of the Black Album and beyond haha... Half these LE owners probably have no idea. Too bad for us real fans

#65 10 years ago

I'm in for one when it's ready, to match all my other laseriffic's

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

People don't even know the first album was to be called metal up your ass
What posers and fanboys of the Black Album and beyond haha... Half these LE owners probably have no idea. Too bad for us real fans

Yeah, people do know that. But there was never a sword on the seat of the chair on Ride the Lightning. What is your point, exactly?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, people do know that. But there was never a sword on the seat of the chair on Ride the Lightning. What is your point, exactly?

Exactly. What "posers"! lol

#68 10 years ago

I love his disdain for people that like the music of the same band that he holds himself out as better than everyone here, because he knows so much about.

#69 10 years ago

Sorry guys... That did come off pompous but yea I just think it's hilarious that some people have no idea of the bands history and when you've been a fan of something for a long time and people have no idea it gets the best of you. Even though this pinball and not music trivia so I'll shut up because we can like themes and know nothing about them. IE Star Trek or World Cup Soccer for me...

I said nothing about the chair or sword just the statement about the first album

now settle down Samuel... I don't want the mob of topper lovers after me

2 weeks later
#70 10 years ago

Ok so I am playing around with all kinds of ideas that could get me in trouble. I need advice on what I should do for MY Metallica Topper.. Here are some ideas feel free to email me .

#71 10 years ago

More

#72 10 years ago

I like the second two first pic!
Great job

#73 10 years ago

That 2nd pic with the star in the middle is fookin' sweet!!

The first one is minimal, simplistic design....looks good. I like where you are going with the chair....buuuuut it seems to get lost on the topper with it on and the lights out which is how I would play my pins. I know you put some time into it...and it's a neat idea....it just isn't working IMO.

#74 10 years ago

I dig the middle one with the star too. Too bad it's just for you ;(

#75 10 years ago

Yes, the middle one with the star looks great!

#76 10 years ago

Is pic #2 good as is or should there be something else to it?.. kinda plain to me and I am making this for MY machine so I need everybody's opinion so I get it right.

#77 10 years ago

Should the background be changed??

#78 10 years ago

I don't feel the chair in any off them. I like the first one but something is missing. The Metallica name is cool and needs to be in lights but you need something under it or in the back. Maybe 3 degrees of perspective. Like a toy in the front, after you have the name which provides the light for the topper and than a glass piece to complete in the back and gets illuminate by the metallica sign. From smaller to bigger, 3 rows. But the first lane needs a small toy if not it's too much. You are the expert, just a few ideas. Really like the ACDC topper and it's a bit like that I would see Metallica.

Sure you'll get a flash of genius soon

#79 10 years ago

Please do a MASTER OF PUPPETS album topper!!!!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Please do a MASTER OF PUPPETS album topper!!!!

+1

I would buy instantly for my LE.

BTW, I sent my AC/DC back to you today for "the fix." Thanks again.
Mike

#81 10 years ago

I like the blue Metallica in the first pic. Could you combine that with the lightning and the chair and somehow get the chair illuminated a little better? Just a thought.

#82 10 years ago

Wouldn't the MoP album cover be..well.. boring??

#83 10 years ago

As you see we can do almost anything and everybody wants something different, so.. on this one let's just make them all 1 off customs and if someone else likes YOUR one off then I will use it, I also will pick up any Jay fees if needed. If this is something you want to do contact me but NOT through Pinside.
http://www.laseriffic.com/contact-us/

You can send me photos and ideas.

#84 10 years ago

Please don't take this the wrong way as I think Laseriffic has the best toppers around by far, but I feel these Metallica options are very weak. I think the Master of Puppets idea would be a cool one, where you put grave stones on the base with the Metallica logo over them. Keep it simple.

#85 10 years ago

I do not own one but my favorite topper would be the clean blue electric one.

6th picture upwards from this post.

#86 10 years ago

I like the 2nd one in your first post Joe ( the one with the single symbol in the middle under the Metallica ) .

One thing though , I'm not really liking how the "M" and the "E" , as well as the "A" and the "L" are looking like they are joined . Perhaps you could put a line or something between them .

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Please don't take this the wrong way as I think Laseriffic has the best toppers around by far, but I feel these Metallica options are very weak. I think the Master of Puppets idea would be a cool one, where you put grave stones on the base with the Metallica logo over them. Keep it simple.

Not at all. I feel the same way, I am finding it difficult to top AC/DC which is my goal with every new topper now. There is just not enough material for Metallica like AC/DC.

#88 10 years ago

Have you given the guitar one a thought for Metallica Joe ?

I have the guitar-shaped one on my ACDC and it looks awesome . Perhaps an authentic Metallica-shaped guitar ( sorry don't know what brand James uses ) with the Metallica name on it .

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Have you given the guitar one a thought for Metallica Joe ?
I have the guitar-shaped one on my ACDC and it looks awesome . Perhaps an authentic Metallica-shaped guitar ( sorry don't know what brand James uses ) with the Metallica name on it .

I didn't want to be repetitive. If someone would want that I could do it for sure.

#90 10 years ago

This is not final but here is the start.. thoughts??

#91 10 years ago

Crosses is best one so far. I will call you.

Jim

#92 10 years ago

MOP.. This is for MY machine.

// Error: Image 105337 not found // // Error: Image 105338 not found //

#93 10 years ago

To bad you couldn't make hands protruding out of the plastic with strings attached. It is probably not doable though.

Will the laser you have score a line instead of a cut on the plastic to make the missing lines for Metallica?

#94 10 years ago

yes but the lines would be white and look odd. I might make all separate letters not sure yet, I still have to add the helmet, dog chain and grass .

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

yes but the lines would be white and look odd. I might make all separate letters not sure yet, I still have to add the helmet, dog chain and grass .

That'll look pretty good when done. If I knew how to make toys or figures I'd sculpt some hands for you that could just have a bolt that connects them to the plastic. Is that image without metallica on it copywrited?

#96 10 years ago

I'm sure it is but this is just for my machine..one off.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That'll look pretty good when done. If I knew how to make toys or figures I'd sculpt some hands for you that could just have a bolt that connects them to the plastic. Is that image without metallica on it copywrited?

You are getting really close here Joe. Helmet, dog tags and grass - awesome!

Yes, some hands would make it perfect. People could then add their own strings. If possible, I would also like to see "Names" on the grave markers like "hero, pawn, soldier, puppet, son and friend." That would be kick ass!

There is no way grave markers in a "row pattern" can be protected so don't lose sleep over that.

#98 10 years ago

Sign me up for a MOP topper when your done!!

#99 10 years ago

Kind of cool, but the tombstones need spacing between them. Don't think I'd get one for my LE though, it's too redundant.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I'm sure it is but this is just for my machine..one off.

I get that just wasn't sure if they had the rights to it if you're making a 3d image from it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laseriffic-metallica-topper-sneak-peak/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.