(Topic ID: 38956)

Laseriffic IRONMAN Topper PICS and VIDEO...

By Laseriffic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by crazzzycanuuuk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clap.gif
new_base_006.jpg
new_base_004.jpg
new_base_003.jpg
IRONMAN_TOPPER_006.jpg
IRONMAN_TOPPER_005.jpg
IRONMAN_TOPPER_003.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Here is my first dive into a interactive topper. The eyes and chest are on all the time.. . .. I need to go over to a friends house and do some tests to see what is the best place to hook it up. IM is red and gold vinyl on 1/8" black acrylic. The lower building's are made from slate grey mirrored acrylic. There will be no mounting of the white box it will be attached and complete on the topper itself, you just need to run the power harness and plug it in.

I have also redesigned my topper base, there will now be 3 legs, this will give more stability. The thickness of the aluminum has also been increased by a 1/16, giving the screws a bit more bite. The height of the channel walls has been increased by 1/4", this will give us more height away from the edge of the acrylic preventing the corners from cracking out. The screws for the feet have also been changed to 5/16th from the 1/4" .

These changes were all made because at some point or another each area has failed at least once. Here are the pics of the new base , IM topper and a video. These will be ready for sale in about 2 weeks.

Joe

IRONMAN_TOPPER_003.jpg IRONMAN_TOPPER_005.jpg IRONMAN_TOPPER_006.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Here are the base pics

new_base_003.jpg new_base_004.jpg new_base_006.jpg

#3 6 years ago

I'm not really a topper person unless it originally came with the pin, but that's fantastic!

#5 6 years ago

If I had an IM I would buy that right now. Badass!

#7 6 years ago

Taking it to the next level ! I don't have an IM but looking forward to seeing more toppers of this style!

Looks amazing!

#8 6 years ago

Bravo.

#9 6 years ago

awesome Joe, looks great, love the fade of the buildings and the overall package...

what will be the price?

#10 6 years ago

I've been looking forward to this one since your sneak peek post.
Looks great. I look forward ordering when their ready.

#11 6 years ago

Great job. Nice depth to it. I am really liking your new direction with Hulk and IM.

#12 6 years ago

+2 on badass

That looks great. If I had an IM I think this topper would be a must have.

#14 6 years ago

Feakin amazing work!!!

Joe, any idea of what your price will be? Just added an IM so it seems like perfect timing.

#15 6 years ago

I sold my IM, but I still am going to buy this topper IN CASE I get one again. It is just that awesome!

#16 6 years ago

Totally amazing! These designs just keep getting more detailed and are becoming works of art. The multi-dimensional designs really bring them to life especially in how they allow the lighting to alter their appearance.

#17 6 years ago

Ultimate topper!

#18 6 years ago

That's crazy good!

#19 6 years ago

Man, you are really making some ground breaking changes. Looks great. Now to wait till you make a new one for a game I have.

#20 6 years ago

TFTC!! I just got one without a topper, stoked to see what u do with that

#22 6 years ago

That is SWEET! If I ever get an IM, that is going on top of it!

#23 6 years ago

when will these be for sale and how much?

#24 6 years ago

!

clap.gif

#25 6 years ago

Great topper for an awesome pin!

#26 6 years ago

Wow speechless!

#27 6 years ago

One of the best custom toppers I've ever seen!!

#28 6 years ago

Thank you all very much, I am glad everyone likes it. I am taking pre-orders now, the first run will only be 5. These take so long to build and since there was already a good IM topper out there I didn't expect to many sales. I currently have 3 left on this run,once Matt is set up with his new plotter I will run off another 10 or so. The price is $179.95

Also just a side note.. I quit my job last week and am now running this full time. I also purchased another laser to help speed things up a bit, it should be here next week.

Upcoming toppers are

DH
TFTC
MM
AFM
WPT

Joe

#29 6 years ago

I forgot to mention a couple of things , these are 10 1/4" tall. I know it's not going to fit in most people's rooms but there really was no other way to get the effect that I did if it was shorter. I'm not going to make a habit of this I will always try to stay at the 9" mark as a norm. Also as far as custom topper designs go Jay has raised his fees for both me and the customer. This is because now there is a lot more work involved than just a drawing, in order to make these 3D type toppers multiple files
( sometimes 7 or more ) need to be created for all this to come out ok. If someone wants a Custom done and I don't have it already I will give you a choice.

I will pick up the fee and use this as a standard topper for this game OR you pay the fee and it's a one off. This is completely up to you, I mean how many T3 ideas can one come up with ( example ).

Joe

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I forgot to mention a couple of things , these are 10 1/4" tall. I know it's not going to fit in most people's rooms but there really was no other way to get the effect that I did if it was shorter. I'm not going to make a habit of this I will always try to stay at the 9" mark as a norm. Also as far as custom topper designs go Jay has raised his fees for both me and the customer. This is because now there is a lot more work involved than just a drawing, in order to make these 3D type toppers multiple files
( sometimes 7 or more ) need to be created for all this to come out ok. If someone wants a Custom done and I don't have it already I will give you a choice.
I will pick up the fee and use this as a standard topper for this game OR you pay the fee and it's a one off. This is completely up to you, I mean how many T3 ideas can one come up with ( example ).
Joe

Dude! What time do you go to bed? I thought I was the only vampire here!

#31 6 years ago

I developed bad sleeping habits while in the military. I have done 48hrs no sleep on a fuel replenishment during the Persian Gulf War, I was on Nimitz. I only get about 4 hrs a day sleep, it takes a week or so to catch up to me then I crash for 10..lol
I am also working on a very large order for a customer that I need to finish as soon as possible ,so we have been working 18-19 hr days since last Friday.

#32 6 years ago

If I had an Iron Man I'd definately go for one of those! Fantastic job!

#33 6 years ago

That will end up in the Topper Hall of Fame.

#34 6 years ago

PM Sent and a free bump for a great guy!

#35 6 years ago

Great work...not for my pin but inspiring..

#36 6 years ago

I'm in! May have to rotate toppers every once in a while with the Mckee or ?

#37 6 years ago

Here is just an update on the interactive light up hand. I have found that the easiest way of doing it is to use pacman clips. The wires will go to J6 pin 10 and J7 pin 6 which go to the pop bumpers. This is really easy to do but yet it can be overdone, so if your not comfortable with this method try and get somebody to help you out. There will be a full set of instructions with pictures as always and I hope to get the first run out buy the end of this week.

If you have a better solution for this ( other than alligator clips and a bunch of wires ) please let me know by pm.

Thanks
Joe

#38 6 years ago

Wow. Email sent.

2 weeks later
#39 6 years ago

I need one. email sent

1 year later
#40 4 years ago

Do this again Joe.There are a whole lot of IMVE's out there looking bare without this topper !

#41 4 years ago

Agreed. This is the coolest IM topper, and I'd love to have one!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#42 4 years ago

I dont have the IM figure and the guy who did them for me has moved away. I have gotten several emails for this in the last couple of days and I am not sure what to do about it. I'll see if I can find someone to do these for me but I feel it's a challenge. If you are truly interested in getting one of these send me a email ( joe@laseriffic.com )and I will compile a list and if I find someone I will repost here and send emails to those who have inquired.

#43 4 years ago

Email sent, and definitely in for one.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#44 4 years ago

I have managed to get someone to do the IM figures but it wont be for about a month or so. Once they are ready I'll post.

#46 4 years ago

I'm in too. Email sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside