GnR_Topper_004.jpg
GnR_Topper_003.jpg
gnr_topper_3.jpg
P1010239.jpg
GNR.jpg
GnR_Topper_002.jpg
GnR_Topper_001.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Well I have finally finished a solid prototype, although it does not light up it looks awesome as is. I have alot of orders for this but I believe it was based on lighting it up so I have erased all email requests as I don't want to hold anybody to their order. If you would like one still re send your request through my website www.laseriffic.com. I have all the material coming in the next day or 2 and will start making these per order and hopefully start shipping next week. If you would like to pick up any orders I will be at PBL's open house all day and can bring them there if you don't want to have it shipped out, this goes for all my toppers.

Thanks
Joe

GnR_Topper_001.jpgGnR_Topper_001.jpg GnR_Topper_002.jpgGnR_Topper_002.jpg

#2 11 years ago

AWESOME..

#3 11 years ago

Looks amazing and much better then the original one which looks like puke. Good job Laseriffic!

#4 11 years ago

Looks nice, but I will keep my original one. I could see selling my original and buying one of these.

#5 11 years ago

The price will be $149.95

#6 11 years ago

That looks amazing. If I had a GNR I would sell my topper and put that on it. Has a much cleaner look then this:

GNR.jpgGNR.jpg

#7 11 years ago

That's gorgeous. Nice to see a topper without the glowy lights actually. Did you try just spot lighting it? Might be cool in the dark to have it "lit" instead of "light up". Regardless, it looks awesome.

#8 11 years ago

I tried several different lighting options with no luck. There would be wires all over and just looked sloppy to me. Since the original didn't have lights I figured I was safe with this.. we'll see.

#9 11 years ago

That is bad-ass.... Well done!!!

#10 11 years ago

Very nice. Back lighting each layer could be cool. An LED strip behind the medallion, the guns and the roses. Similar to how I lit my 3 dimensional arcade sign:

P1010239.jpgP1010239.jpg

#11 11 years ago

moving to marketplace

#12 11 years ago

It does look damn nice in person

#13 11 years ago

I have 3 left for the first run. Second run will be after Expo.

#14 11 years ago

Better than the original!!

#15 11 years ago

What is the height on the topper? I want one but have a bad feeling it won't fit in my basement with the lower ceiling height but would like to give a shot if I could. Thanks

#16 11 years ago

They are 9 1/4" tall 12" wide

#17 11 years ago

i'll order one when I find out if I still have a GNR or not.

#18 11 years ago

Nice Work!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Dangit, looks like I'm over by a half an inch! Nice topper BTW,better than the original for sure keep up the good work.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Dangit, looks like I'm over by a half an inch! Nice topper BTW,better than the original for sure keep up the good work.

Just trim your legs down!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Just trim your legs down!

I think I'd rather just cut a hole in the ceiling. Lol

#22 11 years ago

OK so if I ever find that elusive really nice condition GNR I will buy this topper and put it in the only high ceiling area in my basement arcade. Now to find me a GNR.

Great job!!

#23 11 years ago

very well done, looks great. man, imagine with the light on.

#24 11 years ago

Replace the roses with cactus and change the words to cactus canyon and I'll order mine

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Replace the roses with cactus and change the words to Cactus Canyon and I'll order mine

I'll see what I can do..

#26 11 years ago

Perfect...I just picked a very nice GnR today and need a topper.....I put a request in your web site for one.
Looks great, looking forward to it!!
Alan

#27 11 years ago

Will you have TFTC ready for Chicago?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Will you have TFTC ready for Chicago?

Haven't even started yet. Jay is finishing up a few customs right now and will start it as soon as he is finished. I am concentrating on JY and GnR at the moment.

#29 11 years ago

Why aren't they scaled to the same size of the originals, seem small considering the originals Overall Height is 12" and Width is 17" which makes them approx. 50% larger than the ones you are selling. Do you have a photo of one installed on a machine for comparison ?

gnr_topper_3.jpggnr_topper_3.jpg

#30 11 years ago

The best reason for making them smaller is so that most people can actually mount them on top of their back box. At 12" the original topper is too tall causing is ceiling clearance issues for many collectors who have their games in the basement.

I saw this topper in person for the first time today and was really blown away by it. Joe has done some good work in the past but this GNR topper, uh, *tops* them all.

Terry.

#31 11 years ago

The original toppers go for crazy money. $300 - $600 are the prices I've seen since owning my GnR. These new toppers (that look WAY better than the originals IMO) are only $125. Very nicely priced.

I only have 5" from the top of my GnR till I hit the ceiling. I couldn't even fit the new topper if I put Bally legs on my game. Might buy one anyway.

#32 11 years ago

I knew what the original size was and I also knew most can't put them on. I figured if most can put my 9" toppers on that this would be just fine. Here are some pics on my Shadow..

#33 11 years ago

Here are the pics

GnR_Topper_003.jpgGnR_Topper_003.jpg GnR_Topper_004.jpgGnR_Topper_004.jpg GnR_Topper_005.jpgGnR_Topper_005.jpg

#34 11 years ago

Looks like another piece of painted plastic, ohhhhh wwwoooooowwww oooooh
Just kiding Joe Looks Great, now i need to find a GNR
JT

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Looks like another piece of painted plastic, ohhhhh wwwoooooowwww oooooh

JT

JT,

I think you might be thinking of the "other" toppers floating around out there! LOL

Yeah, I saw the process of these being put together, there is some true pride and quality that goes into these.

JS

#36 11 years ago

i bet Joe has green red black and gold fingers, what a pita to paint
JT

#37 11 years ago

What you see is not painted, the parts are all cut from different material.
Guns - Mirrored Silver
Ring - Mirrored gold
Center - Opaque Silver
Roses - Red acrylic / Rose fronts red acrylic painted white ( ohh you got me )
Backing - Red Opaque acrylic.
Leaves - laser etched Green Opaque acrylic
Base - Powder Coated Black.

Then they are assembled by hand.. mine. That should cover it.

#38 11 years ago

Great job!! These are great and if I have a GnR, I'd have this topper fer sure.

Bill

#39 11 years ago

Well finally everything is here and we are going to start assembling today. I have special boxes being made for these and they arrive Monday, I will start to ship out Tuesday morning.

GnR_Topper.jpgGnR_Topper.jpg

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

What is the dimension from the front of the stand till you get to the vertical topper part that is 9 1/4" ? And is the height exactly 9 1/4" or ??

I have 9 1/4" of height toward the front of my backbox, but just for a little bit - ths is going to either fit and touch the drop ceiling or not fit......it's that close for me.

Would like to get one but want to be sure it's going to make it.

ScottinSGFNY

#41 11 years ago

I rounded it up but the true measurement is 9" 7/32 or a hair of. It rides just below the 1/4" mark on the tape measure, it is not higher than 9 1/4"

#42 11 years ago

After filling all orders I have 4 left for PBL open House for sale. If you want it reserved then use MY WEBSITE www.laseriffi.com and go to CONTACT US and send me the information needed to get you a invoice. I have a Table Demo that I will be raffling off at the end of the day.

Thanks Everyone

Joe

#43 11 years ago

How pretty!!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here are the pics

Welcome to the jungle Alex.....your going down..............

Topper looks awesome. I want one, but I don't own GNR anymore

#45 11 years ago

I took your spot Neo. Come to Pappa.

Good news is local visitation rights.

#46 11 years ago

I may take you up on that. Can't wait to see it all done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laseriffic-gnr-topper-completepics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.