Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a couple assembly questions. I'm helping with a Laser War project pin, but it has had some key elements parted out, and I've not been able to identify everything needed in the IPDB manual. Two elements in particular:

1) An assembly for the left kick-back (aka Laser Kick); and

2) What the proper spinners are (with assembly).

Of course, viable substitute suggestions are welcome as well if something perfect is no longer available. Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

The replay knocker assembly in the backbox may be the same as the laser kickback. This is true with other DE games.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks, found a part listing that suggested similar, so we'll go that route.

Just the spinner assembly to figure out now (I'm assuming both spinners are the same set-up).

#4 1 year ago

I was wrong, the spinner brackets are different. These are the numbers from the manual, but I've not found reference (at Marco's or elsewhere) to acceptable substitutes. Not sure if there are any. Bracket numbers:
535-5213-01
535-5213-02

#5 1 year ago

Another question, Marco's plastics set has two blank pieces (about 7.75" x 4.5"). Not sure where those go. The double-stacked ones to provide support?

1 week later
#6 1 year ago

I'm also looking for a left spinner and bracket for my Laser War. I feel like I've searched everywhere but have come up short. My next route was to hopefully find one at Pintastic New England in June. I'll bring along my right spinner to match. If I do come across one, I'll let ya' know!

#7 1 year ago

I did have an area collector confirm the left and right bracket are the same size, just the mounting is different (hence the different part number).

The right spinner bracket is actually now at an area machinist shop, to have them just make a left-side one based off the dimensions. It seemed to be the easiest way to tackle the problem.

#8 1 year ago

I had a very hard time finding a spinner that would fit the bracket on mine. The white bally spinner at marco has come the closest to fitting. It's still not perfect and I kinda had to wrangle it in there, but it spins. If you bump into anything closer I am all ears. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3460
Good luck!

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

The custom-shopped spinner bracket worked. Game is all finished.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 224.99
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside