Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bpa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I picked up a non working Laser Cue project last month. I put in a new power supply, a new rottendog combo board and Inkochnito's bridge board. Been having issues with it randomly resetting. Sometimes it will reset once the first ball is kicked out of the trough. Sometimes it will last through a few minutes. The only part I have yet to fix is s burnt out coil in one of the drop bank targets. Not sure if that would cause a reset though. How do I troubleshoot a resetting problem?

#2 6 years ago

I've had a similar issue with my Space Shuttle in the past where the game would "randomly" reset during a ball. It ended up being that the trough switches weren't always detecting the balls in the game and just needed to be adjusted. It might be worth making sure they're all making good contact and registering consistently for a few minutes in test mode.

#3 6 years ago

That's funny you mentioned that. My game is currently missing the trough switch assembly. There's a micro switch below the trough but it's missing the piece that the connects to it and makes contact with the ball. I haven't looked into what part I need for it yet. It's a single ball game though so would that cause this reset issue?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

That's funny you mentioned that. My game is currently missing the trough switch assembly. There's a micro switch below the trough but it's missing the piece that the connects to it and makes contact with the ball. I haven't looked into what part I need for it yet. It's a single ball game though so would that cause this reset issue?

Laser War is a three ball game - make sure you have 3 balls in the game, then check those switches. I wouldn't be surprised if that was your issue.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Laser War is a three ball game - make sure you have 3 balls in the game, then check those switches. I wouldn't be surprised if that was your issue.

I am a bonehead. I originally put Laser War in the title of my post but I meant Laser Cue. Laser Cue is having the reset problem.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

I'm a bonehead. I oriole's

I am a bonehead. I originally put Laser War in the title of my post but I meant Laser Cue. Laser Cue is having the reset problem.

Ha! No problem, well that solves part of the mystery .

#7 6 years ago

I also have a Laser War. So I occasionally make that mistake!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.