• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brewer12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200109_163924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mskoenen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

This is on a Secret Service.

IMG_20200109_163924 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_163924 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Even with that middle button not functioning, you should still be able to get into adjustments. You just have to scroll past the audits (I think there's about 50 of them). I'd recommend scrolling to adjustment 47, and restore factory settings. That will rule out some setting somewhere that's causing this.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I think Williams System 11 does this. I don't think I've seen Data East games do this.

It did this on my Secret Service. But it only had the two buttons, so maybe it was a one-off hack job....

2 weeks later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewer12:

I'm new with the repair of my Laser war pinball machine. It won't let me reset a new free play. It displays "missing ball" even though all 3 balls are in the machine. Any suggestions.

You might want to start your own thread, so you can get views specific to your issue. But in the meantime....

If you don't have a manual, here is a link to it:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1415/Laser_War_manual.pdf

Remove the balls from your game.

Page 14 gives instructions on how to enter game diagnostics. The FORWARD/REVERSE button should be the one that you can click "down" then unclick "up" (like a ballpoint pen) and it should be in the middle (if you have three buttons). Setting it to "down" is the same as "reverse". So set it to "down" then hit the STEP button (Which I think is the one farthest from the coin door) until you get to SWITCH TEST. In SWITCH TEST, any switches that are "active" will be displayed on the Player 1 & Player 2 display (switch title), as well as the Ball In Play display (switch number).

On page 17 there is a diagram of the switch matrix and on page 18 there is an image of where those switches are located on the playfield. Manually press switch #52: Shooter Lane and see if it is noted on the display. Repeat that process for switches 10-12: Ball Trough 1-3. Any switch that doesn't display when you manually press it needs to be addressed.

My guess is that one of your trough switches is bad (broken wire, bad switch, etc.).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mskoenen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-help-2?tu=mskoenen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.