By Triumvirat73

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi all,

I'm brand new here so I apologize in advance if I've posted this in an inappropriate forum.

I am finalizing a deal for the purchase of a Data East "Laser War" machine. The seller was given the machine several years ago from a friend who set it up for him. He is willing to ship the machine to me but in order to prepare it for shipping we need to fold down the head box.

I've looked all over but can't seem to find instructions for this particular machine so I was hoping that a helpful Laser War owner could set me straight as to how to do the fold down.

Many many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers!

#2 11 years ago

I had 1 , once upon a Tyme .. Make Sure the head Bolts are out behind the Trans , unlatch the Head and Lay it down......... That's All i'm Rem- about that Pin... I sold it QUICK !!!

#3 11 years ago

My Laser War doesn't "fold down" perse. It just has a back latch and two head bolts that need to be removed and then disconnect some cables. Once you do that, the whole thing just comes right off. You can then lay it down on the pin cabinet and saran wrap the whole thing together, or just ship as two seperate pieces. I personally suggest wrapping them together. Hope this helps.

#4 11 years ago

Thank you both for the helpful info. I'll pass it along to the seller.

#5 11 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. Laser War was my first pin, and I sure do miss it. I will own one again some day. It's a fun game.

#6 11 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the madness!

Just make sure that the seller doesn't put the head on the bare playfield glass. This may seem like a day one procedure, but sometimes it can be the easiest thing to forget.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Can one of you tell me how to unlock the translite on the Laser War machine? Based on the pictures I've found I don't see any obvious way to unlock it. Am I overlooking something that's right in front of my face?

Sorry for all of the questions, but without the pin in front of me I'm finding it difficult to guide the seller.

Once again, thanks in advance!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Can one of you tell me how to unlock the translite on the Laser War machine? Based on the pictures I've found I don't see any obvious way to unlock it. Am I overlooking something that's right in front of my face?

Well, there's a key lock at the top rightside of the backbox. Turn that and then you should be able to lift up and out the translight glass. Then you got the GI/Display panel to unlatch on the right side and its on a hinge. Now you have access to the MPU and powerboards. In there should be the bolts you need to take out and disconnect the cables.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

Well, there's a key lock at the top rightside of the backbox. Turn that and then you should be able to lift up and out the translight glass. Then you got the GI/Display panel to unlatch on the right side and its on a hinge. Now you have access to the MPU and powerboards. In there should be the bolts you need to take out and disconnect the cables.

You are a star! Thanks so much. I will forward this info on immediately.

Much appreciation from this newbie. Cheers.

#10 11 years ago

You are a star! Thanks so much. I will forward this info on immediately.
Much appreciation from this newbie. Cheers.

Well, he SHOULD know.....he owns one.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well, he SHOULD know.....he owns one. []

You would think so. Unfortunately he's really not a pinball guy. The machine was sold to him by a friend just to fill up some space in his man-cave, but the seller himself knows nothing about pinball machines.

Sadly, the plot sickens a bit. He doesn't have the key for the backbox, or the coin door (which is unlocked, luckily). Looks like a locksmith will need to be called as I don't want to ship the machine with the backbox in the upright position. I imagine that would be a serious no-no.

Ah well, maybe I'll appreciate the machine that much more for all of the trouble it's turning out to be getting it to my house.

#12 11 years ago

I was talking about Chud, lol... he owns a Laser War.

Don't ship with backbox upright.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Don't ship with backbox upright.

Or the legs; that can screw up your cabinet in no time flat. Ask the seller to drill out the lock rather than call a locksmith (unless he wants to eat the bill).

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oops. I guess I was in "it's all about me" mode.

My bad.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Or the legs; that can screw up your cabinet in no time flat. Ask the seller to drill out the lock rather than call a locksmith (unless he wants to eat the bill).

Yeah, the legs were going to be removed for shipping for sure. If he drills out the lock will the translite rattle during shipping? I'm a newbie at this point myself so I don't want to make a mistake that will have everyone pointing at me and laughing at my stupidity. lol

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, the legs were going to be removed for shipping for sure. If he drills out the lock will the translite rattle during shipping? I'm a newbie at this point myself so I don't want to make a mistake that will have everyone pointing at me and laughing at my stupidity. lol

Hmmm...

No one is going to laugh at you (well, not for long), but I think it should be fine. I would just ensure that it is wrapped well in several layers of bubble wrap, cardboard, etc. to make sure that you minimize this movement. Never having anything shipped, this is my dangerous assumption...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-head-box-fold-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.