• Latest reply 5 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180209_194157 (resized).jpg
1518218582873141175150 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Billup:

Hello,
I've recently purchased a Laser War. Last night I got a high score, but when trying to enter my initials, I couldn't scroll through letters. I hit the flippers, held them in, anything I could, but it just stayed at "A". Pushing the start button advanced to the next letter but I couldn't change it from "A"
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Check the switches on the flipper mechs. There should be a switch on each that closes when the flippers are activated, that will scroll through the letters. They are likely not closing all the way, or check for corroded contacts or a broken wire.

Also, does your lane change work?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Billup:

No extra switched on the flippers buttons, and the flippers work fine in normal play

Sorry, you want to look on the actual flipper mechanism under the playfield. The "longer" switch is your EOS switch, the second switch in the stack is normally open and when the flipper is activated it closes, which triggers a lane change or the changing of letters.

20180209_194157 (resized).jpg20180209_194157 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Billup:

Ok yeah I found the white and blue wire was loose on the right one and I soldered it back on. I don't see anything wrong with the left one. Need to test it out

Does it work now? Inspect the left one for a broken switch or if it's not closing when the flipper activates.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Billup:

No left side still isn't working. I haven't found anything yet but I haven't done a real thorough search

I meant the right side after you solder, but I’ll take that as yes...i hope!

#10 6 years ago

Awesome, check the left one for good contact/continuity.

3 months later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Mine is also doing this. However i have no loose wires to the flipper mech switches. My war lanes dont switch when i hit the glipper buttons either. The game plays 100 percent aside from this issue. Help please

Do they register in test mode? Check them for continuity when they are closed with a multimeter. If the wiring and switches are good we can go from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-entering-initials?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.