IMG_7103 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7101 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7098 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7101 (resized).jpeg
20230529_082753 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 2 years ago

Just joined the club. My speaker panel is black(?) and busted. Is this available anywhere? I'm also looking for the bumper caps part numbers.

#397 2 years ago

Are there any alternative ROMs available for this game, especially competitive settings? The whole random roll which ramp award you get assigned and the non-feature of not being able to turn off extra balls are quite annoying.

#399 2 years ago

If anyone is interested at all, I'm going to document some steps while I rebuild my Laser War. VODs from my Twitch stream will be made available on this YouTube playlist as they become available:

2 months later
#405 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I never found a great solution.

I was thinking about raising the eject mech with some washers, effectively making the hole deeper, has anyone tried that or heard of that solution?

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

If anyone is interested at all, I'm going to document some steps while I rebuild my Laser War. VODs from my Twitch stream will be made available on this YouTube playlist as they become available:

Looking stupid while replying to your own post, but I've completed the series now and the game is up and running: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-eIxuLeDsB00wASHVQ35UD79t39DwodB

2 weeks later
#409 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

dri did you have better luck dropping the mech?

I just ordered DIY gasket material (1/8"). I'll report back to the thread how it went.

1 week later
#410 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

dri did you have better luck dropping the mech?

I got these sheets (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFRJD56) and cut a gasket similar to the carton material that's already there and used 3/4" wood screws to sandwich it all together. I saw some minor improvements. The right flipper to yellow still rejects about two out of three shots, left flipper it's near 100%. The blue works really good now and a perfect shot grabs the ball with a kinetic satisfaction. The red I really never had a problem with but just because I never had, it rejected one shot yesterday.

My theory is that the brackets hanging over the saucers needs to be bent forward as decades of ball hits may have change the angle a tiny bit or they weren't at the optimal angle to begin with.

Anyhow, I had a long game yesterday with a ball 1 that never ended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-club?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.