IMG_7103 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7101 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7098 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7101 (resized).jpeg
20230529_082753 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chris1044.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

Wife picked this game up for me for a gift. Played it for roughly 20 games - it's great! Game play keeps you interesting, and the multi-ball stage isn't easy.

Unfortunately, the out-hole solenoid locked on after those few games. Hoping the seller will hold up to his end of the deal and "make it right". If not, I'll be replacing boards and going through it in entirety.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That would be hard. If the game worked when you tested it, then it's not really his fault. It just went bad. Something you can't really predict, and most individual sellers don't offer a warranty service. But the seller could be helpful in fixing the game. Replacing the boards seems a bit extreme. You could track down the issue for less than $2.

I would normally agree with you on this - except the machine was bought from a reputable dealer. I.E. not a hobbyist.

The machine had this problem originally, and it was "fixed" along with some other stuff (new play field which looks great, new rubbers, etc). Hoping all that needs to be done is a transistor on the driver board, but after pulling the board out there are some not-so-stellar repairs on it.

If they don't cover it, I'm more than capable of fixing it. The wife bought this with the intention of it being a single thing that I have fun with, but unfortunately I think it's the start of a slippery slope. LED upgrade is already planned one it's back up and running...

#45 8 years ago

Well...Monday I dropped the main CPU board off with them and they "fixed it." Could not get specifics. So Friday night I spent some time going through and making sure all the fuses were good, none of the coils were shorted, and installed the board.

Flip the power switch on and "click"....outhole coil locks on again.

So my question now is this - where's the best place to make a long winded post about this game? I have some questions about various things after I've played with it for a few hours now. Fairly sure I've got a bad transistor as coil enable pin is shorted to ground, but my display's all messed up and I can't get it to go into diag mode.

2 months later
#55 8 years ago

Welcome warrior, energizing, Fire and return to blue/red/yellow, return to base, laser war, explosion, last ball good luck, and shoot the ion cannon...plus laughing. I think that covers the sound call-outs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chris1044.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-war-club?tu=chris1044 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.