(Topic ID: 291993)

Laser printer for water slide decals

By Silverstreak02

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

My inkjet printer died today. I’m considering replacing it with a color laser printer that I can make water slide decals with. What should I be looking for? Is 600dpi good enough?

#2 2 years ago

Once you pick a printer you may want to confirm compatibility with the paper manufacturer. My newish HP laser printer does not work well with the giant stack of laser water slide paper I’d been using successfully with my $50k office color laser printer that is no longer available to me ;-(

#3 2 years ago

300DPI is more than enough for pinball art

#4 2 years ago

Yes my printer experts said many years ago 300 dpi is all you need.

#5 2 years ago

What's better -- laser or an archival inkjet? Higher end inkjet printers come with more inks than your standard C-M-Y-K laser printer so I assume their colour gamut is wider. Plus no risk of melting the waterslide paper inside your printer.

Like the Epson SureColor P700

#6 2 years ago

Whats the recommended water slidepaper?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whats the recommended water slidepaper?

Different types for different printers. This one is ink jet paper:

https://www.amazon.com/Hayes-Paper-Waterslide-Water-Slide-Transparent/dp/B077TMFVL9

...and here is some laser waterslide paper:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunnyscopa-Waterslide-Urethane-Standard-sheets/dp/B07FSF69RM/ref=sr_1_5

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

What's better -- laser or an archival inkjet? Higher end inkjet printers come with more inks than your standard C-M-Y-K laser printer so I assume their colour gamut is wider. Plus no risk of melting the waterslide paper inside your printer.
    Like the Epson SureColor P700

The Epson looks like a great printer for photo quality prints, but too expensive for my purpose.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Once you pick a printer you may want to confirm compatibility with the paper manufacturer. My newish HP laser printer does not work well with the giant stack of laser water slide paper I’d been using successfully with my $50k office color laser printer that is no longer available to me ;-(

I'm not sure what incompatibility you're having, but try setting the printer to thicker or maybe thinner paper in the print settings.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-printer-for-water-slide-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.