Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by loppydog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys, I hope I am posting this in the proper forum. I just set up my new Co2 laser engraver/cutter and I am hoping to find some cool stuff to make on it. I wanted to see if anyone in the pinball community needed anything built for them. If there is interest, I will post specifics on what can be done on this machine. Thanks!

#4 8 years ago

The machine is an Epilog 40W with a 12"x24" bed size. As far as what it can cut, there are many! Things like wood/paper, acrylic, cork, rubber, foam, Mylar, ect. It can engrave almost anything with the correct setup. I am not sure how thick I can cut, but tested cutting through 3/8" pine, and it cut like butter! Also, I forgot to mention that I have the rotary attachment, so round objects are not problem.

Blackjacker, I would be happy to give you some info, I am having trouble picturing what you are doing. Are you cutting out shapes onto cardstock?

#6 8 years ago

Yeah no problem, I'll post some pics or videos. I am not sure how rails or legs would work fitting them into the bed. One thing that is super easy to do is custom stencils.

#8 8 years ago

OK, I think I understand. So just a light raster to burn the paper/cardstock?

#9 8 years ago

Here are some pics of some cardstock I played around with. As you can see, one has a "depth" and the other is a little darker.
    IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0223.JPGIMG_0224.JPGIMG_0224.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0227.JPG

#10 8 years ago

here is a video of the laser etching a glass

#11 8 years ago

And one more of a wood engraving
    image.jpegimage.jpeg

#13 8 years ago

Acrylic is no problem(as long as it fits in the 12"x24" bed). But Lexan(polycarbonate) does not work well with lasers. Another thing that works well is counter-top material. I made my control panel from that stuff. Here is how it turned out:
    IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPGIMG_2425.JPG

#14 8 years ago

Last one I promise . I am just hoping to get the ideas flowing. Here is a stencil I made for my street bike that turned out well:
    IMG_0700.JPGIMG_0700.JPG

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That's cool, so is that a sticker you cut, or is that painted on the bike with a stencil you cut? Just curious that's cool.

I cut that out of a paint masking material. I laid down the red first and let it dry. Then placed the stencils down and sprayed the black.

#20 8 years ago

I forgot to look a the time for the cards, but I think that are gonna be a little over 1 minute a piece for that size. Making a jig for the cards is probably pretty easy, but is there any particular reason you wouldn't just get a large sheet and cut them out in the laser? That would be by far the quickest and easiest way. Also, my time estimation is based on raster. If you only wanted vector names/art, that time would drop tremendously...think like 10-20 seconds each.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loppydog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-engravingcutting?tu=loppydog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.