Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by Xenon75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 58 days ago

Game has been playing great and then out of the blue would tilt as soon as ball hit first or second switch, pretty much anywhere on playfield. Now, game will boot up, but when I hit start button game will not start. Will not accept credits. Before I dig into it I figured I would post here first to narrow down where to look. Thanks very much.

#2 58 days ago

The tilting out sounds like a switch matrix issue. It could be a shorted column or row. The 74xx chips in the upper right section of the MPU can go bad, especially if a stray wire or lamp socket touched a switch. Put the game into switch test mode, raise up all the drop target and empty the balls out of it. Then proceed to test the switches and see what shows up. If one switch triggers multiple numbers, then you've got a matrix issue.

However, the tilt issue could've been nothing and the game just can't see the ball(s) in the trough. Check switch test to see what you find out. If it can see all balls, it won't start. However, not accepting credits at all sounds like its a matrix problem.

#3 58 days ago

Check a stuck coin switch as well if you normally manipulate the wireform to add credits.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside