image_(resized).jpeg
flip_schem_(resized).jpg
flip_board_(resized).jpg
flip_schem_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Check the fuse on the power supply, also if your handy with a soldering iron, reflow the flipper board. I have a Laser Cue and went through the same problem! Reflowing the flipper board fixed my problem!

#7 7 years ago

Check for voltage on the flipper input on the board, it's the far right connector in your picture. 2 wht-grn wires and 2 wht-orn wires, should read 48vac according to my schematics. If it does, then check your output, far left in your picture, should be 50v, report back your findings. And if I am missing anything, people feel free to point it out!

#9 7 years ago

The connector on the bottom of the board is the ground, 2 black wires. Stick your probe in the top of the connector.

#12 7 years ago

Pull the fuse out when checking. Did you have any voltage on the input? Don't go cutting anything just yet! If you have voltage at the input and no voltage at the output pins then you have a problem on the flipper board. Is this what you have found out?

#14 7 years ago

Yes, that way we will rule out the flipper board or confirm the flipper board is the problem! Another thing to check is the flipper relay on the MPU, hold your finger on it and see if you feel it click when you boot up the game! Another question is how do you batteries look? Any corrosion? Any damage to the MPU Board? I ask, because these are all things that I dealt with on my Laser Cue. Don't worry, we will get it figured out!

#16 7 years ago

At least we got it narrowed down to the flipper board! Good luck and your welcome!!!!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Disconnect J4 and probe the connector pins inside the housing.

I can't make out the AC voltage that's supposed to be there, but you should see whatever VAC is printed there. Do you?

It's listed as 48Vrms on my schematics.

#25 7 years ago

And you have 50VDC at J3 pins 1,2,5,6 or the 2 blue and the 2 gray wires?

#27 7 years ago

And you said you have another flipper board? Because your getting power to the board, but no power out to the flippers. I am thinking it's the flipper board.

#29 7 years ago

I am lost! You got the correct input vdc but the wrong output voltage, Has to be something on the flipper board! Both boards bad maybe?

#31 7 years ago

Sorry, I have left home and posting from my phone! I am better at doing this from my laptop. I will recheck the schematics when I get home and get back with you.

#39 7 years ago

Great!!! Glad you got it figured out! Now enjoy!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-flippers-not-working?tu=henrydwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.