• Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230615_150944339 (resized).jpg
soda (resized).jpg
Williams_Laser_Cue_Coil_Wrappers.pdf (PDF preview)
DSC_6501 (resized).JPG
0D31F413-8301-4DBC-97E8-E05A8BB839D0 (resized).jpeg
AF438215-D980-45A8-8348-F6EC05A15351 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210906_221954530 (resized).jpg
500D1040-9C13-48E2-BFC4-04C71A7C01FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6415 (resized).JPG
received_722271741792411 (resized).jpeg
received_456830185503413 (resized).jpeg
received_2761372984116090 (resized).jpeg
138612640_411094566636389_4635647150538218208_n (resized).jpg
received_719095808720562 (resized).jpeg
received_393747268625275 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

Decided to add to the club after rolling the score for the first time last night. Ended at 12.7 million and the high score defaulted to 9,999,999. This a sleeper title with some great shots. I find the 6-7-8 combo very satisfying, as well as the 8 ball shot from the upper flipper. I am also a sucker for a bell, and hitting more than one drop target at a time gets you a little bit longer of a ring.

Here is my painful entry into the club, if you missed it last year: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-a-foolish-rustoration

4 months later
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ok. so I'll at least need 1, but I might add one over the shooter lane, just so that it keeps the ball in play, instead of a free plunge into the spinner.
I also want to comment at how cool the extra ball rule is. I just noticed that there is at 25 second ball saver after you've started your extra ball. Is there another game that does this?
Another problem I may or may not have is that the bell in my game hasn't activated yet. I haven't looked at the mech or what causes it to ring (a solenoid?). Can someone tell me what conditions cause the bell to ring and if it should ring in solenoid test?

Bell rings briefly every time you score a ball in sequence (and for extra ball). Check the solenoid and EOS switch for the bell clapper.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Should the switch be normally opened or normally closed?

It should be normally closed so solenoid power reaches the coil. When the coil is energized, the arm will open the EOS and cut power to the solenoid. This happens over and over very quickly to make the bell "ring".

2 months later
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have an issue with drop target #5. When I first got the game, all drops worked. After about a week or so the coil on drop target #5 burnt up. When it burnt up, and to prevent other damage, we simply cut the single "grey" wire to the coil. So after several weeks, I finally bought a new coil and replaced it today. The coil works, as I confirmed this by running an alligator clip from the ground wire to the single wire lug on the coil and it fires. However, when the game resets all the drops, #5 will not reset. I've doubled checked all wiring and can't seem to find anything wrong that would prevent the target from resetting. Any thoughts on what I should look for?

If the previous coil locked on long enough to actually burn up, the drive/predrive transistors are damaged. Since the new coil isn't firing via the driver board, the transistor failed open or it got hot enough to burn open a connection/trace on the driver board.

#59 4 years ago

Looks like q25 and q24 control the fifth drop target.

3 months later
#85 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I just picked up a Laser Cue. The right apron says this game has the lane change feature, however pressing the right button doesn't activate it like it normally would. My first thought is the switch itself, but I'm assuming since the button makes the flippers fire, the switch itself isn't at fault. Is there something up stream that controls the lane change feature to check out?

There is a lane change switch stacked (but insulated from high power) on the flipper eos switch. The issue is likely the switch, diode, or wiring.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try replacing the whole switch. It has a large orange disc hanging from it. Not sure if that's an 80's style diode or what it is. If I order a new switch would I have to install a diode?

Thats the flipper cabinet switch, leave it alone as its not your issue. The lane change switch is on the flipper mech, under the playfield.

1 year later
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Does anyone have any idea what the 3rd flipper button on the R side of my Laser Cue would be for? I looked at the images and the only other pic I see showing the R side does not have a 3rd button like mine does. I was thinking it controlled another flipper but that isn't the case.
[quoted image]

That is 'custom'. You will have to post pics of what is wired to that button to solve the mystery.

1 month later
#145 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Okay so I made a mistake. Slid my playfield out a little ways to reach the plastics and GI bulbs in the back and as Im changing out bulbs with the power on I start to smell a buring smell. I shut the game off and realize I have let the playfield rest on the lugs of the flipper coils. Crap. I ho ahead and fix the playfield position and finish swapping GI and put it all back together. When I power up, I see that now I have no power to the flippers.
Digging a little deeper I first check the fuse on the flipper power supply. Should be a 5Amp. But its a 25 amp. Great... I can see I have AC power from the smaller transformer (although it seems low) but no DC power on the flipper power supply.
Since this fuse was obviously overfused, what possibly shorted out?

Look at the back of the flipper supply board, you might have some burned traces from the over-fuse.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Bingo! Found a lifted trace and a completely burned trace. Glued the lifted trace back down with clear nail polish and jumped the broken one.
All fixed now! Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

With that much of an over-fuse, you just discovered the "new fuse" was the traces

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-club-clothing-optional?tu=gutz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.