• Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230615_150944339 (resized).jpg
soda (resized).jpg
Williams_Laser_Cue_Coil_Wrappers.pdf (PDF preview)
DSC_6501 (resized).JPG
0D31F413-8301-4DBC-97E8-E05A8BB839D0 (resized).jpeg
AF438215-D980-45A8-8348-F6EC05A15351 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210906_221954530 (resized).jpg
500D1040-9C13-48E2-BFC4-04C71A7C01FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6415 (resized).JPG
received_722271741792411 (resized).jpeg
received_456830185503413 (resized).jpeg
received_2761372984116090 (resized).jpeg
138612640_411094566636389_4635647150538218208_n (resized).jpg
received_719095808720562 (resized).jpeg
received_393747268625275 (resized).jpeg
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago

Thanks! That’s should work.

1 week later
#152 2 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago. A friend and I almost have it all shopped and back together. Played a few games on it today and it's mostly working! Couple switch adjustments and a bad coil on the drop target bank, nothing too serious.

Looking for a good condition back-glass. Mine is flaking at the top. Workable for now but would like to get a non-flaking one.

Any tips for replacing the "speaker cloth" at the bottom of the backbox? Mine looks kind-of ratty and has a couple holes. Any leads on the material to use?

2 weeks later
#153 2 years ago

So I see there isn't much out there for Laser Cue in the way of good PF's for sale or overlays. I looked at paint touch-ups for some but the artwork is pretty detailed where most need work done.

Has anyone proposed a total redraw of the playfield and backglass and get that printed? Change the art a bit and colors to make the game look a bit brighter? I was thinking World Cup '94 colors with an Alien Cue space theme? Just an idea.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago. A friend and I almost have it all shopped and back together. Played a few games on it today and it's mostly working! Couple switch adjustments and a bad coil on the drop target bank, nothing too serious.
Looking for a good condition back-glass. Mine is flaking at the top. Workable for now but would like to get a non-flaking one.
Any tips for replacing the "speaker cloth" at the bottom of the backbox? Mine looks kind-of ratty and has a couple holes. Any leads on the material to use?

Check with Mayfair on the backglass. I grabbed one from them at pinfest awhile back. BGresto does a repro but I don’t think it’s mirrored.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Check with Mayfair on the backglass. I grabbed one from them at pinfest awhile back. BGresto does a repro but I don’t think it’s mirrored.

Thanks! I never thought about asking Mayfair. They don't have it pictured on their site but I shot them an email to doublecheck.

I might send my original to BGResto so they can strip it and re-paint it to retain the mirroring.

#156 2 years ago

Yeah, the dark playfield is a bit of an issue for me as well. This game people have the hardest time playing because of the backglass illumination glare on the playfield. Most people don't even see or use the top flipper. Only thing that has me considering some of that anti-reflective glass...but man my wallet is telling me otherwise >.>

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Yeah, the dark playfield is a bit of an issue for me as well. This game people have the hardest time playing because of the backglass illumination glare on the playfield. Most people don't even see or use the top flipper. Only thing that has me considering some of that anti-reflective glass...but man my wallet is telling me otherwise >.>

I put LEDs in and had to turn around and remove them because of the glare! Incandescent are a little better, but not much! I have looked into the anti glare glass too and agree my wallet says no way!

#158 2 years ago

Gonna wing this out here and see if anyone knows how many posts on Laser Cue? Or does anyone have a playfield chart or link to the parts book for late system 7s? Thanks

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Gonna wing this out here and see if anyone knows how many posts on Laser Cue? Or does anyone have a playfield chart or link to the parts book for late system 7s? Thanks

I have my original manual for my Laser Cue, If that might have anything? I can look tonight.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I have my original manual for my Laser Cue, If that might have anything? I can look tonight.

I had created another thread and got some info there. Thanks

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I had created another thread and got some info there. Thanks

could you link that thread to here?

2 months later
#164 2 years ago
1 week later
#165 2 years ago

Just wondering what color rubbers/silicone people have put on their Laser Cues and any specific LED's one might recommend?
I was contemplating Lt Blue for the silicon rings.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Just wondering what color rubbers/silicone people have put on their Laser Cues and any specific LED's one might recommend?
I was contemplating Lt Blue for the silicon rings.

Green on the flippers, translucent everywhere else. Comet 2 smd warm white frosted bulbs everywhere in the game.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Just wondering what color rubbers/silicone people have put on their Laser Cue.

The glow in the dark titan rubber rings with green flippers and comet cool white LEDs

500D1040-9C13-48E2-BFC4-04C71A7C01FE (resized).jpeg500D1040-9C13-48E2-BFC4-04C71A7C01FE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#168 2 years ago

Got the game back, tracking down a switch row locked on. But it's ok just to look at for a while
PXL_20210906_221954530 (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_221954530 (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Got the game back, tracking down a switch row locked on. But it's ok just to look at for a while
[quoted image]

Wow, looks amazing!

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Wow, looks amazing!

Finding an NOS playfield and having it cleared practically guarantees a repro is coming soon

3 weeks later
#171 2 years ago

So....I ruined my machine by messing with the artwork. If it doesn't sell locally, unfortunately, I'm planning to part it out. Does anyone need any parts (for money)? I'd like to help other pinsiders who need something, but also need to try to recoop some of my investment.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

So....I ruined my machine by messing with the artwork. If it doesn't sell locally, unfortunately, I'm planning to part it out. Does anyone need any parts (for money)? I'd like to help other pinsiders who need something, but also need to try to recoop some of my investment.

Does the game work?

#173 2 years ago

Yes it works 85%. it has two displays out (probably not working), it will occasionally glitch and need to be restarted, and there are a couple of bonus lights that light at the wrong times.

#174 2 years ago

Then I would try to find someone to buy it. Hate to see games get parted that work. Maybe a location near you would be interested? Locations tend to take in the ugly ducklings. Haha

#175 2 years ago

problem is no one wants to pay. They are willing to buy it for a couple hundred, but not close to what I could get for parts.

#176 2 years ago

If can, hold onto it. if a repro pf or hardtop comes out that game will increase in potential value. my 2 cents.

#177 2 years ago

You might want to let people know in some of the p-roc or custom game threads. This could be one of the coolest pf layouts to ever see a retheme.

You're probably right that you'll take a hit on the price, but it's still got to have more value complete than parting it out, especially if you target the right groups. There's always someone just getting into the hobby that wants ANYTHING at a reasonable price. I bet if you price accordingly it'll be gone quick.

So how bad is the art...? Pics!

#178 2 years ago

Yeah. Great layout that could definitely benefit from different rules and theme.

3 months later
#179 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Great layout that could definitely benefit from different rules and theme.

How dare you!

Deaconblooze ready to sell back the Laser Cue I sold you?

Someone had posted a thread about troubleshooting their game, so I decided to take a stroll back down memory lane to see if I had encountered something similar. Man I miss this game!

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How dare you!
Deaconblooze ready to sell back the Laser Cue I sold you?
Someone had posted a thread about troubleshooting their game, so I decided to take a stroll back down memory lane to see if I had encountered something similar. Man I miss this game!

It doesn't seem like my "@" functionality is working. I might need to check some settings..

I do love Laser Cue, but I'm also out of space and pin funds... so hit me up if you're serious!

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It doesn't seem like my "@" functionality is working. I might need to check some settings..
I do love Laser Cue, but I'm also out of space and pin funds... so hit me up if you're serious!

No worries! I'm out of space too, and have 2-3 projects in the backlog...but I'll give it some serious thought. It's a game that I'd like to have back some day. I don't know if right now is right though. The whole of the pinball market just kind of soured me to buying and selling tbh. I'll PM you.

3 weeks later
#182 2 years ago

Just joined the club! I pulled a 13 hour round trip yesterday to buy one of the most beautiful Laser Cues I've ever seen. I'm a big System 7 guy and it's a real shame people are sleeping on this game. It's a hell of a good player. I can already feel it improving my dead bounce skills.

0D31F413-8301-4DBC-97E8-E05A8BB839D0 (resized).jpeg0D31F413-8301-4DBC-97E8-E05A8BB839D0 (resized).jpegAF438215-D980-45A8-8348-F6EC05A15351 (resized).jpegAF438215-D980-45A8-8348-F6EC05A15351 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#183 1 year ago

I am having an issue on my laser cue where a power left outlane drain jumps over the outhole switch and has enough momentum to end up in the shooter lane.

I see there is a hole for a post but my new and old playfields never had anything there.

Does anyone have a post hers? Can you post a pic? The hole is really close to the trough and I worry about it preventing the ball from exiting if I use a star post

Thanks

#184 1 year ago

Just a bump for the problem Cheddar describes above. The same thing occasionally happens on my Laser Cue. I've just treated it as a free extra ball but it would be nice to eliminate this happening.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I am having an issue on my laser cue where a power left outlane drain jumps over the outhole switch and has enough momentum to end up in the shooter lane.
I see there is a hole for a post but my new and old playfields never had anything there.
Does anyone have a post hers? Can you post a pic? The hole is really close to the trough and I worry about it preventing the ball from exiting if I use a star post
Thanks

I put a skinny post on there (no rubber) and it seems.to have helped

2 weeks later
#186 1 year ago

I recently listed my Laser Cue for sale...it comes w/ a complete/working playfield as well as a complete set of clean displays/circuit boards all with matching serial numbers. I'm starting to have second thoughts. It's a very under-rated game.

DSC_6501 (resized).JPGDSC_6501 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#187 1 year ago

In case anyone is interested, here's a PDF I created of the coil wrappers used in Laser Cue; keep in mind that everyone's printer is different, so the color shades may be slightly "off" when you print.

Williams_Laser_Cue_Coil_Wrappers.pdfWilliams_Laser_Cue_Coil_Wrappers.pdf
4 weeks later
#188 1 year ago

Probably picking up a Laser Cue on Wednesday, anything in particular that I should look out for on a Laser Cue, or on System 7s in general? It's been a long time since I owned or worked on a Sys 7.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Probably picking up a Laser Cue on Wednesday, anything in particular that I should look out for on a Laser Cue, or on System 7s in general? It's been a long time since I owned or worked on a Sys 7.

I mean - in general the machine is pretty simple. The biggest maintenance headache would be taking off the drop target assembly to fix them. Make sure they're in good shape and scoring properly.

Replacement boards for System 7 are a bit harder to come by than System 3-6. Definitely inspect for toasty connectors. Also might be worth asking if they have installed the "bell fix" rom. I ran into that issue pretty quickly on mine.

1 week later
#190 1 year ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

I mean - in general the machine is pretty simple. The biggest maintenance headache would be taking off the drop target assembly to fix them. Make sure they're in good shape and scoring properly.
Replacement boards for System 7 are a bit harder to come by than System 3-6. Definitely inspect for toasty connectors. Also might be worth asking if they have installed the "bell fix" rom. I ran into that issue pretty quickly on mine.

What is the bell fix rom?...never heard of it.

1 month later
#192 1 year ago

Looking to see if LaserCue has an attract mode sounds. I do not see anything in the manual.
Thanks

3 months later
#193 1 year ago

I have an extra Drawing Set manual if anyone needs...PM me.

2 months later
#194 1 year ago

We need 8 more ratings to get this game listed.
Come on laser cue fans!!!

#195 1 year ago

LaserCue was my second game, acquired years before internet fix-it guides and multiple part sources. There was a column of lamps out and something flaky about a couple of the displays. I got to figure that stuff out with a schematic and my trusty Heathkit VTVM. Electronic components came from a store that had a small ad in the Yellow Pages.
The game cost $100 and a soda machine.

soda (resized).jpgsoda (resized).jpg
#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

We need 8 more ratings to get this game listed.
Come on laser cue fans!!!

I voted!

#197 1 year ago

Awsome 7 more needed!

#198 1 year ago

Another one on the pile, 6 to go

#199 1 year ago

I did my part..... in 2015!

2 weeks later
#200 1 year ago

Need 5 more high score ratings!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-club-clothing-optional/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.