• Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230615_150944339 (resized).jpg
soda (resized).jpg
Williams_Laser_Cue_Coil_Wrappers.pdf (PDF preview)
DSC_6501 (resized).JPG
0D31F413-8301-4DBC-97E8-E05A8BB839D0 (resized).jpeg
AF438215-D980-45A8-8348-F6EC05A15351 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210906_221954530 (resized).jpg
500D1040-9C13-48E2-BFC4-04C71A7C01FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6415 (resized).JPG
received_722271741792411 (resized).jpeg
received_456830185503413 (resized).jpeg
received_2761372984116090 (resized).jpeg
138612640_411094566636389_4635647150538218208_n (resized).jpg
received_719095808720562 (resized).jpeg
received_393747268625275 (resized).jpeg

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Just picked up a Laser Cue and didn't see a club already. Have always found this game super addicting when I've played it and am looking forward to putting some time on it. 20X Bonus here I come.

Like most, my bonus multiplier inserts have lots of wear in the keylines and some on the inserts themselves. Has anyone done decals for these they could share files for?

#2 7 years ago

Fan here... Good pin that can be had a a decent price!

#3 7 years ago

Thought maybe I could sub in some of the Sorcerer decals but it looks like Sorcerer used "10x" instead of Laser Cue's "x10" etc. Any other pin use "xNumber" for the multipliers?

sorcerer_complete_insert_decals_mop_(resized).pngsorcerer_complete_insert_decals_mop_(resized).png

2 weeks later
#4 7 years ago

Can someone explain the rules around the 10-20-50 and 20-50-100 inserts below the side and top ball targets? These advance every time you hit the targets but I'm not sure what they signify.
Are they connected to the CUE targets and related triangle 10-20-30-50 inserts?

2 years later
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Can someone explain the rules around the 10-20-50 and 20-50-100 inserts below the side and top ball targets? These advance every time you hit the targets but I'm not sure what they signify.
Are they connected to the CUE targets and related triangle 10-20-30-50 inserts?

You advance these by hitting the 3 stationary targets for 6, 7 and 8, and collect the value when that ball is the next shot (it's flashing). A great way to hustle someone is to let them think they're beating you, while you max out those targets. Then collect 50-50-100 by hitting 6-7-8. One of my favorite things about this game.

#6 5 years ago

I actually resurrected the LC club to pass along a repair tip. My flippers went dead. I checked the fuse on the daughterboard, then pulled it out and checked the bridge rectifier - all OK. Then I confirmed that I was getting 50VAC input. Finally I flipped the board over, and - holy crap - there was almost no solder on 2 of the pins. I added solder to them, reflowed the rest, and she's good as new! I'm getting 73V DC now, which I guess is too much. But it plays great now.

#7 5 years ago

Great game, shame the club is basically dead.

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

There's a Laser Cue up on my local craigslist for $500 but the scoring display apparently doesn't work.

I'm really new to pinball and this would be my first machine. Would it be worth getting and trying to fix?

#9 5 years ago

Member here. Fun game, with good strategy that you don't see often. Anyone else pull out the metal wire between the 2 right flippers to make the game harder?

#10 5 years ago

Yep - I removed the bar behind the flippers for a local comp. Certainly sped things up and got the usual moans and complains. It does change how you need to play

#11 5 years ago

Decided to add to the club after rolling the score for the first time last night. Ended at 12.7 million and the high score defaulted to 9,999,999. This a sleeper title with some great shots. I find the 6-7-8 combo very satisfying, as well as the 8 ball shot from the upper flipper. I am also a sucker for a bell, and hitting more than one drop target at a time gets you a little bit longer of a ring.

Here is my painful entry into the club, if you missed it last year: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-a-foolish-rustoration

#12 5 years ago

I never saw this club! Proud owner of a Laser Cue! Great game, very under rated! My dad got the machine when it was only 5 years old! Probably the closest I will come to a NIB machine!

3 months later
1 week later
#14 4 years ago

Picking up a project laser cue today. I have not played this game, but really enjoyed AP...so when this came up I jumped on it. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get the game running. I've done some preliminary search and hopefully it won't take much. Let's get this thread going!

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

Been working on the Laser Cue that I picked up last week
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-7-laser-cue-starts-up-in-audit-mode-help

Just put in a pretty large parts order on Monday, but have been troubleshooting the electrical issues in the mean time. At least I can get it to play now! Looks like the P4 display isn't working, I'll have to look into that more.

One thing that I've noticed. My game does not have ball gates on the shooter lane or on the spinner lane exit. On some pictures, I see there is a ball gate on the shooter lane, but on others, I don't.

Can you all let me know if there are ball gates on your game or not? I'm thinking about putting it in the shooter lane at least, as I'd rather the ball stay in play then exit out.

#16 4 years ago

Mine doesn’t have the gate either. I’ve owned 2 and neither game had
one.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Mine doesn’t have the gate either. I’ve owned 2 and neither game had
one.

Does yours have the ball gate on the spinner lane?

#18 4 years ago

pics taken from two different owners from ipdb.org

which one is correct?

image-10 (resized).jpgimage-10 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg
#19 4 years ago

My Laser Cue doesn't have a ball gate on the shooter lane, but it does on the top of the spinner where the ball exits.

#20 4 years ago

both pics look like they have gates on the spinner lane?

#21 4 years ago

Mine doesn’t have one on the shooter. It does at the top of the spinner

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

My Laser Cue doesn't have a ball gate on the shooter lane, but it does on the top of the spinner where the ball exits.

Ok. so I'll at least need 1, but I might add one over the shooter lane, just so that it keeps the ball in play, instead of a free plunge into the spinner.

I also want to comment at how cool the extra ball rule is. I just noticed that there is at 25 second ball saver after you've started your extra ball. Is there another game that does this?

Another problem I may or may not have is that the bell in my game hasn't activated yet. I haven't looked at the mech or what causes it to ring (a solenoid?). Can someone tell me what conditions cause the bell to ring and if it should ring in solenoid test?

#23 4 years ago

White pop caps and yellow pop caps.
I'll always like yellow better.
Good game, finally got to put some time on one...
-mof

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

White pop caps and yellow pop caps.
I'll always like yellow better.
Good game, finally got to put some time on one...
-mof

I couldn't find the original white pop caps, so i'm going with the ice pop caps (like on TNA)

Thinking about it now, it might look out of place...

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ok. so I'll at least need 1, but I might add one over the shooter lane, just so that it keeps the ball in play, instead of a free plunge into the spinner.
I also want to comment at how cool the extra ball rule is. I just noticed that there is at 25 second ball saver after you've started your extra ball. Is there another game that does this?
Another problem I may or may not have is that the bell in my game hasn't activated yet. I haven't looked at the mech or what causes it to ring (a solenoid?). Can someone tell me what conditions cause the bell to ring and if it should ring in solenoid test?

Bell rings briefly every time you score a ball in sequence (and for extra ball). Check the solenoid and EOS switch for the bell clapper.

#26 4 years ago

You can grab a set of yellow off another williams pin -- I think it's millionaire? if you want to go that route. I already grabbed a set off ebay
-mof

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You can grab a set of yellow off another williams pin -- I think it's millionaire? if you want to go that route. I already grabbed a set off ebay
-mof

I just asked if I could get the translucent red instead of the ice. If not, it's not a huge deal. Anything is better than what I have one mine right now

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Bell rings briefly every time you score a ball in sequence (and for extra ball). Check the solenoid and EOS switch for the bell clapper.

So if I score the drop targets in sequence, it should ring?

#29 4 years ago

For every one you get in order it rings for a second. When you score the 8 ball extra ball it will ring too

#30 4 years ago

Should the switch be normally opened or normally closed?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Should the switch be normally opened or normally closed?

It should be normally closed so solenoid power reaches the coil. When the coil is energized, the arm will open the EOS and cut power to the solenoid. This happens over and over very quickly to make the bell "ring".

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You advance these by hitting the 3 stationary targets for 6, 7 and 8, and collect the value when that ball is the next shot (it's flashing). A great way to hustle someone is to let them think they're beating you, while you max out those targets. Then collect 50-50-100 by hitting 6-7-8. One of my favorite things about this game.

I had no idea!

#33 4 years ago

Ok. I'll need to adjust it so that its normally closed. It was opened when I looked. All of the wiring seems to be ok from what I could see.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

It should be normally closed so solenoid power reaches the coil. When the coil is energized, the arm will open the EOS and cut power to the solenoid. This happens over and over very quickly to make the bell "ring".

It's working!! Thank you! Slowly but surely, my game is coming together. This is why I love Pinside

1 week later
#35 4 years ago

I noticed that the flipper brackets are missing the rubber grommet that the flipper plunger rests on when not in use. Can someone send me a pic of what it looks like so I can replace them, or do they not have them?

Something like this I'm assuming. I notice in older games they are typically tan colored.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6577

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I noticed that the flipper brackets are missing the rubber grommet that the flipper plunger rests on when not in use. Can someone send me a pic of what it looks like so I can replace them, or do they not have them?
Something like this I'm assuming. I notice in older games they are typically tan colored.

This is what you need....

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-rubber-bumper-pluggrommet.html

#37 4 years ago

Marco has that part that I linked as a cross-reference. Thanks!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Picking up a project laser cue today. I have not played this game, but really enjoyed AP...so when this came up I jumped on it. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get the game running. I've done some preliminary search and hopefully it won't take much. Let's get this thread going!

I've been looking for one for a while. If you decide to move it along, please let me know!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've been looking for one for a while. If you decide to move it along, please let me know!

For sure. It's been great bringing it back to life. Lots of big and little nagging things for sure, and still working out some kinks, but I'll have it playing 100% in no time.

#40 4 years ago

I just bought replacement resistors for the driver board R149-R156

I bought these from Amazon and they are significantly smaller than the ones on the board.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GMZW73Z

Can someone confirm that these will work? I was expecting them to be a bit larger but I guess component technology is different than it was 30 years ago.

Screenshot_20190503-161007_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190503-161007_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190503-161029_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190503-161029_Drive (resized).jpg20190503_161422 (resized).jpg20190503_161422 (resized).jpg
#41 4 years ago

As you can see, mine are a bit toasty. The PCB behind it is an almost black color.

#42 4 years ago

I just missed one of these on craigslist and it was well within my current pinball budget. I saw the title of the thread and thought it was funny. If I had scored one I may have been tempted to take a picture of myself playing it while I was naked

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just bought replacement resistors for the driver board R149-R156

If you are going to do this, it might be better to read up on replacing the lamp col TIP42 transistors with IRF9Z34N, this eliminates the heat problem and is something I do on all these WMS driver boards.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

If you are going to do this, it might be better to read up on replacing the lamp col TIP42 transistors with IRF9Z34N, this eliminates the heat problem and is something I do on all these WMS driver boards.

I didnt know about this. Ill look I to it. Thanks!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Laser Cue is NOT supposed to have them on. I asked this question when I first got mine and that's what the pinball ninja told me. In fact here's his responses.

"actually on that era of flipper, the plugs are not utilized."

" i should say, "in my experience.""

" i should add a bit more info... if the flipper links are bakelit, then no, the plugs are not used. If the flipper links are plastic, yes the plugs are used. that has been my experience."

"i can add more... laser cue, system7, used non-replaceable coil stops (they are part of the flipper assembly bracket.) so if this is a keeper, my suggestion is to go to pinballlife.com and order WPC style flipper assemblies with replaceable coil stops and expansion flipper return springs (opposed to compression springs.) also buy new flipper bats. this will give you the best of all worlds. you will probably have to send Terry at PL an email to make sure he populates these assemblies with the correct coils (i can't remember if Laser cue is 30 or 50 volt flippers. i think they are 30 volt, so you need the correct coils, you can't use FL11630 for example.) Of course you could transplant your stock coils too. i highly suggest doing this. Also then you can "micro-manage" the flipper travel on the new brackets (which will have the plunger rest plug.)"

"if you put them on, the flipper travel will change. Actually pretty dramatically. So it will change how the game plays. But it's like ice cream, some people like long flipper travel (big "V"), and some don't. but if there's bakelite flipper links, they shouldn't be there."

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Laser Cue is NOT supposed to have them on. I asked this question when I first got mine and that's what the pinball ninja told me. In fact here's his responses.
"actually on that era of flipper, the plugs are not utilized."
" i should say, "in my experience.""
" i should add a bit more info... if the flipper links are bakelit, then no, the plugs are not used. If the flipper links are plastic, yes the plugs are used. that has been my experience."
"i can add more... laser cue, system7, used non-replaceable coil stops (they are part of the flipper assembly bracket.) so if this is a keeper, my suggestion is to go to pinballlife.com and order WPC style flipper assemblies with replaceable coil stops and expansion flipper return springs (opposed to compression springs.) also buy new flipper bats. this will give you the best of all worlds. you will probably have to send Terry at PL an email to make sure he populates these assemblies with the correct coils (i can't remember if Laser cue is 30 or 50 volt flippers. i think they are 30 volt, so you need the correct coils, you can't use FL11630 for example.) Of course you could transplant your stock coils too. i highly suggest doing this. Also then you can "micro-manage" the flipper travel on the new brackets (which will have the plunger rest plug.)"
"if you put them on, the flipper travel will change. Actually pretty dramatically. So it will change how the game plays. But it's like ice cream, some people like long flipper travel (big "V"), and some don't. but if there's bakelite flipper links, they shouldn't be there."

Good info! I didn't realize the stock flipper plates had the coil stop built in. (like Sys 6 games I presume). The flipper rebuild kit that I got from Pinball Life had replaceable coil stops, as they usually do. Glad mine is like that and I didn't have to by new flipper plates. There is wear where the plug should go, so it is likely that it didn't come with the plugs, so I'll leave them be. I don't mind the compression springs. I'm a purist in the way that if that's how the flippers came from the factory, that's how I'll keep them, unless they are prone to massive failure or are hazardous (ie flipper coils catching on fire). In those cases, I'll change them to the safer alternative.

1 week later
#47 4 years ago

Is there any reason why the spinner would cut in and out during a good spin? I've cleaned the contacts with a business card and resoldered the wires onto the switch. The switch is in average condition. I dont notice any pitting or other damage.

1 week later
#48 4 years ago

Quick question for the group. I need to replace one of the drop target coils. Quickly looking at the underside of the PF, does this mean I have to remove bulb fixtures and the entire drop target assembly in order to accomplish this?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quick question for the group. I need to replace one of the drop target coils. Quickly looking at the underside of the PF, does this mean I have to remove bulb fixtures and the entire drop target assembly in order to accomplish this?

I had these pics from when I was shopping out my game a month ago. If you remove the bulb rails, (really easy, only 2 screws each) it really opens up the area. You might be able to get a screwdriver to loosen the screws holding the coil stop down. You might be able to get to the coil in-situ.
20190421_152518 (resized).jpg20190421_152518 (resized).jpg20190421_152736 (resized).jpg20190421_152736 (resized).jpg

#50 4 years ago

Has anyone done anything to get more light at the drop target bank? I was thinking a spot light from the "A" stand up target area to illuminate it more. Looks like Alien Poker has a couple bulbs behind the drops. I wonder why they took these out with LC?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-cue-club-clothing-optional/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.