Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200415_141611 (resized).jpg
20180827_213523 (resized).jpg
LaserBall (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfoust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm working on a recently picked up Laser Ball - the top two pop bumper lamps and all inlane lamps don't work. Bulbs tested good, so it's not that, and I get no voltage on any of the sockets that don't light up. My assumption is that power is going into that circuit from the bottom pop bumper and out to the others (and my problem is in one of them, but that's such a pain to tear into that I haven't messed with it yet. Before I start diving in, am I right in thinking it's probably the wiring on the pops?

LaserBall (resized).JPGLaserBall (resized).JPG
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

If I recall those are part of the GI path, white and yellow wires?
Look for something simple maybe like what I had on one of my LB machines in the pic.[quoted image]

I was hoping it would be that simple, but I didn't see anything that obvious.. I'm going to give it another look. Seems like it should be something simple like that.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Obviously my example would only cause issue with that single socket, but you may have a wire that came loose.
Don't overlook the simple and mundane items first!

So I did finally find the issue... Broken braided wire, but it was hiding under a damn staple! I didn't see it until I tugged on the wire and it popped out from under the staple. Patched it up and we're good as new!

20200415_141611 (resized).jpg20200415_141611 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfoust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-ball-lamp-issue?tu=jfoust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.