(Topic ID: 267388)

Laser Ball - Insert Board Flash Lamp Wiring - Problem

By minnesota13

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Laser ball 3J3 (resized).png
    P1010360 (resized).JPG
    20161123_173413_LLS (resized).jpg
    20161123_173204_LLS (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minnesota13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This machine has been hacked where there is no wiring for the insert board flash lamps. There is a three wire connection that is obvious by wire color to how it is connected. I have a problem with the black ground connection.

The ground wire which is Black, goes to the Power Supply to connector 3J3 pin 2. On page 1 of the backbox diagram, it shows 3J3 pins 2 and 3 as grounds coming from the power supply.

Consult the Power Supply schematic and you find that pin 3J3 pin 3 is indeed a ground. BUT....pin 2 is shown to the the input plug pin 6 and not a ground. There is no wire on pin 6 and the plug show pin 6 as a no connect. The result is that there is no ground to provide lamp heat for the flash lamps. 3J3 pin 2 is just a floating nothing.

What was the factory correct way to get a ground on 3J3 Pin 2 of the Power Supply? Should 3J3 pin2 be bridged with 3j3 pin 3?

#5 3 years ago

Interesting...You don't have a black wire in pin 2 where on my machine I do -- and it goes to the flash lamps in the insert board. I wonder where you ground/black wire from the insert board flashers goes in your machine. It's a tough thing to to trace, but in my case I have a wire tracer where I put a tone on the wire and have a trace tool to find the wire and eventual end which happens to be on pin 2 of the connector in question.

Thanks for your pictures.

P1010360 (resized).JPGP1010360 (resized).JPG
    #8 3 years ago

Thanks for you help. The power supply schematic has that pin 2 not grounded but going over to the input plug 1 pin 6 which isn't used. I just pulled the wired from the housing, added a crimp on terminal and attached it with the bottom left power supply mounting screw. Wasted too much time already trying to sort this machine. Now to add the wiring for the four flash lamps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minnesota13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-ball-insert-board-flash-lamp-wiring-problem?tu=minnesota13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.