(Topic ID: 292757)

Laser Ball Flipper Issue

By Hangernade

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Been searching and not finding what I need. I have a Laser Ball that has been working fine. Lately it seems like once it gets warmed up the flippers stop working. After cooling down it would work okay for a while. Last time it acted up the flippers stopped working completely. I have checked all fuses and connections and don't see any issues. Flipper power fuse is good and voltage reads 36v at the fuse. Can anyone suggest where to go from here please?

#2 2 years ago

I would replace the male and female connectors for the flippers at 2J12 (flipper ground connections) on the driver board and the connector for the voltage going to the coils at 3J3 on the power supply board. I had a similar issue on a BK a while back where everything including voltages tested good. It was ultimately the 3J3 connector at fault (after replacing nearly everything else lol). Even if it doesn't fix the issue, i found replacing 3J3 can make a significant boost in flipper strength in some cases.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I would replace the male and female connectors for the flippers at 2J12 (flipper ground connections) on the driver board and the connector for the voltage going to the coils at 3J3 on the power supply board. I had a similar issue on a BK a while back where everything including voltages tested good. It was ultimately the 3J3 connector at fault (after replacing nearly everything else lol). Even if it doesn't fix the issue, i found replacing 3J3 can make a significant boost in flipper strength in some cases.

Thanks! Will check those out. Just ordered connectors for another game, will have to see what I need and make another order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laser-ball-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.