New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 124565)

Las Vegas PHoF

By Comet78

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I'm going to be in Las Vegas April 24th thru the 27th and am planning to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame. If any Pinsiders are also in Vegas I thought it might be more enjoyable to meet and check it out with other enthusiasts.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Comet78:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas April 24th thru the 27th and am planning to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame. If any Pinsiders are also in Vegas I thought it might be more enjoyable to meet and check it out with other enthusiasts.

Was just there a couple of weeks ago. I had to drag my wife along and she unfortunately is not an enthusiast! I felt like I was on a wind up timer the whole time. Place is very cool though

#3 5 years ago

While your there don't forget to play a game on the one and only Pinball Circus

#4 5 years ago

I am driving up Thursday this week. Dropping off a World Champ at Michael Scotts place for a full resto and PF swap with a NOS. He lives down the street from the Hall. Maybe I will get stuck inside the Hall and still be there when you arrive.....

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

While your there don't forget to play a game on the one and only Pinball Circus

Don't forget to play the Goin' Nuts, too, which is also quite rare. And please report back on the condition of the pins after your trip.

#6 5 years ago

I will also be in Vegas on the 24th for a wedding on the 25th. I will most likely be at the PHoF early, like 3ish. Then off to rehearsal dinner!

#7 5 years ago

I will be in Vegas the 23rd to 27th. Not sure if i will have time to go though.

#8 5 years ago

I was there yesterday so can report a little bit. Pinball Circus was turned off, as were several other games I wanted to play. The pops on GNR do not work and I was bummed because I always pick super pops. Some of the pops on Goin' Nuts also were not working. The cannon on t3 does not work at all. A number of games had GI lighting out. Addams was leaning to the right like crazy to the point where you couldn't trap a ball on the left flipper without it rolling off. Twilight Zone was not leveled well either and was playing odd. I will say that the AFM is really nice and plays great.

My fiance and I took the bus there from the strip and I probably won't do that again. Granted it was only 2 bucks each way, but we both had our fancy cameras and lenses with us and I felt like we were going to get robbed. My mistake, or maybe I'm just over cautious and paranoid. Take a cab if you are bringing cameras.

#9 5 years ago

The Pinball hall of fame reminds me of arcades in the late 70s. some games out of order and others dirty. Its not perfect but they do there best. its a great escape to visit, send the wife to the day spa for a few hours and go visit. don't drag your gal to this place.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

My fiance and I took the bus there from the strip and I probably won't do that again. Granted it was only 2 bucks each way, but we both had our fancy cameras and lenses with us and I felt like we were going to get robbed. My mistake, or maybe I'm just over cautious and paranoid. Take a cab if you are bringing cameras

+1 I agree. cab it, you will fell better

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

Pinball Circus was turned off, as were several other games I wanted to play.

That really stinks you didn't get to play Pinball Circus. When I was there a couple weeks ago I played about 5 or 6 games and had a lot of fun with it.

Other games worth checking out

- Impacto. Rare EM from France.
    - Pro-Football. EM that launches from the center drain. Unique and fun layout.
    - Goin' Nuts. Starts with multiball, then you're on a timer in single ball play.
    - Q-Bert. Bizarre shot angles and the reversed lower flippers are pretty fun.

Non-pinball
    - Baseball game back near the restroom. Swing (usually miss) at a floating ping pong ball. Hilarious

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

That really stinks you didn't get to play Pinball Circus. When I was there a couple weeks ago I played about 5 or 6 games and had a lot of fun with it.
    Other games worth checking out
    - Impacto. Rare EM from France.
    - Pro-Football. EM that launches from the center drain. Unique and fun layout.
    - Goin' Nuts. Starts with multiball, then you're on a timer in single ball play.
    - Q-Bert. Bizarre shot angles and the reversed lower flippers are pretty fun.
    Non-pinball
    - Baseball game back near the restroom. Swing (usually miss) at a floating ping pong ball. Hilarious

Impacto! I love that one.

Funny, add the wood rails to that list and those are my favorite games there.

#13 5 years ago

PHOF has too many games to play in a single session, so I wouldn't worry too much about some of the games being out of order, as long as it isn't the super-rare games you won't see anywhere else.

#14 5 years ago

impossible to have every game in there working perfect at all times..a definite must visit

#15 5 years ago

I broke Pinball Circus when I was out there last Dec ...... got at least a few games in before it lost sight of the balls and basically went into search mode forever. While not all the games are in perfect shape, the place had quite a few people playing and most were in good shape. It was nice to play games that I haven't had the chance to play before (like Q*Berts Quest)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 39.50
    $ 209.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside