030.jpg
031.jpg
008.jpg
006.jpg
Maverick_backbox.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Now you tell me!
Are you talking about the large Sega DMD's? If so , price?
Thanks

Did you have the BF at the Pinball BBQ this spring?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Can you push the high voltage connector like halfway o the pins at tbe dmd? Then probe the dmd pins with your multi meter? This is to make sure the voltage is reaching the dmd pins. I do this all the time when I test out my dmd issues.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It's strange for it to go out all at once since it was just working. And check all the pins in the cable for continuity.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Also i cant slide the connector up the pins a bit to access them to test if the voltage is getting to the dmd.

You could use one of those 3M squeeze wire connectors (can't remember what it's called) on #1 and 4 with a short wire coming out of each connector and test from them. When done take the connector off and wrap each wire with electrical tape. That's the down and dirty way. But if it didn't work in your Maverick then it's probably dead.

#47 8 years ago

I heard they don't repair anymore. I have 2 used ones with partial issues coming form overseas. Fair price but one cracked and one semi gassing. Better than nothing and better than $700+ new after exchange rate, tax, and shipping.

You could always do the extender for way cheaper like mentioned above.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I'm confused. You said the connectors are different (reversed) between the displays in the 2 games. If that is correct than of course the displays wont light when you switch them between the games.

If he did that wouldn't he have blown something? 18v going into something that was designed for 5v.

1 week later
#59 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

A little off topic but are you LEDing the machine while it's on? That may lead to trouble IMO

I did that once and blew a transistor on my NASCAR. But it didn't affect the dmd.

#63 8 years ago

Looking like I should redo the 5v connection on the power supply board. Reflow headers and new molex connector.

At least you know how to do that, I haven't the faintist idea how to do stuff like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/large-sega-display-worked-fine-till-it-was-moved?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.