(Topic ID: 253233)

Large Format Scanner in Chicago for a PF??

By RandyW

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RandyW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I know there has to be a print shop in Chicago, with a Large format scanner, that can scan a playfield. Does anyone know whom that would be?

Thanks,
    Randy

#2 4 years ago

You need a print shop with a cruse scanner. Do a google search for cruse scanner locations

#4 4 years ago

This is proving to be a very difficult thing to find.

#5 4 years ago

Kinkos or other blueprint shops might have a color scanner that would do that, in my area...
    Not sure, as their scanners may only be able to accommodate color drawings.
    It might also be possible to scan portions in color and put them together like a puzzle on a computer with the right software.

#6 4 years ago

I suggest starting with large format printing companies. If they can't scan it, they will know who can...or how.

#7 4 years ago

Worst case, I am going to buy an HP 4600 and send it to the man, but if I can find a large format scanner and make it easy on him, all the better.

1 week later
    #8 4 years ago

So far, no luck. Does anyone know of anyone around Chicago with a Cruse or similar scanner?

#9 4 years ago

In for updates.

#10 4 years ago

I've got a HP 4600 I use to create "backups" of all my playfields plastics backglasses and such. I take a bunch of scans and automerge them in Photoshop. Easy. Come on over.

#11 4 years ago

There is a company in michigan with one. I used to use them when I did stuff for CPR. Sorry I can't remember who it was. Your museum definitely has one . Not sure if they offer a service.

#12 4 years ago

Check the public libraries.

One downtown here in Cleveland has one that I know people have used for the same thing

#13 4 years ago

Dudah, I may put him in contact with you If you don't mind! I am in TN, but the owner of this PF is in Chicago and willing to have it scanned for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/large-format-scanner-in-chicago-for-a-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.