(Topic ID: 237192)

Language barrier

By pekilica

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi guys, do someone speak Serbian like me? If yes, can someone help me with translate, to people can understand me? And someone told for pinball browser language barrier is need to do something..........

#2 5 years ago

Bumping this up, anybody out there that can help?

2 weeks later
    #3 5 years ago

This is worth a bump for clear communication.
    -Mike

#4 5 years ago

Napravite donaciju za Pinside i mnogi će vas podržati u naturi!

#5 5 years ago

I have a friend from Serbia. I am unable to translate, just know a few words. The first word in Serbian I learned is "pivo". I like to have a pivo with my friend Zoran.
    Back to the top for someone with language skills.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

I have a friend from Serbia. I am unable to translate, just know a few words. The first word in Serbian I learned is "pivo". I like to have a pivo with my friend Zoran.

There are Dozens of language translation apps and even a simple Google “Serbian to English” translator available for Free. A bit of simple effort but easier then hunting for a group of Serbian Pinball collectors on a support forum. Good luck.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

Beer! Polish is the same for that one.

#8 5 years ago

I also wondered about OPs age. Asking in a thread for someone to verify instead of paying $5 makes me think they are too young for a credit card. Might also explain some of the disconnect.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

I also wondered about OPs age. Asking in a thread for someone to verify instead of paying $5 makes me think they are too young for a credit card. Might also explain some of the disconnect.

As mama Kulek says: Pinside is an adult website.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

As mama Kulek says: Pinside is an adult website.

I couldn't possibly disagree enough with the "adult website". You may be very surprised at how many teen guests come through here looking for info while trying to help there dad figure out a issue with a machine.
    -Mike

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

There are Dozens of language translation apps and even a simple Google “Serbian to English” translator available for Free. A bit of simple effort but easier then hunting for a group of Serbian Pinball collectors on a support forum. Good luck.

I have friends that are from Russia as well as Mexico and they’ve let me know that google translate does NOT cut it! Good idea though. It sadly doesn’t understand many nuances of everyday language. It’s more oriented towards extremely academic usages, where everything will be properly structured

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/language-barrier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.