By newbieinKC

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190124_195700 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

A plastic guide on my EBC guides a full speed, center-lane hit to the spinner toward a pin with a rubber bumper (next to the lower post of the gate - next to the "H" in the picture) and makes it come back through the spinner (and frequently on a vector directly between the flippers). "Half speed" or left-center shots clear the gate. It is frustrating to me to hit a solid shot that bounces around and heads for the center drain.

The clear plastic guide is curved more aggressively than the artwork above it, as you can see in the picture. I would like to "fix" this by either modding the clear plastic guide or using a smaller rubber bumper. Which do you think is a better approach? To me, the guide looks like it should be shaped more like the artwork. There is no room for "adjusting" the middle guide in the assembly without drilling holes and confining the saucer run on the other side (which is hard enough as it is).

If I do decide to mod the plastic guide, do I just get a french curve template, sharpie and a dremel tool? I don't have a backup plastic guide and I have my doubts that I can find one after a little bit of searching.

20190124_195700 (resized).jpg20190124_195700 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Post rubber looks like it’s already the smaller size, so I think your next step down would be removing the rubber. If the doesn’t work, try removing the post entirely. Both of those are easier than cutting a new plastic.

I thought about just removing the post, but I think it might let the ball leak by the gate on a plunger shot. I could probably adjust the gate to fix that problem if it comes up.

I think I might try your idea for a while. Doesn't look like it could hurt much.

#5 5 years ago

Taking the rubber off the post seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lane-guide-mod?tu=newbieinKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.