(Topic ID: 220573)

Lane change function not working(Laser War)

By mr300ww

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E451866B-7A2F-4592-BFD0-7C84F1F6BBC8.jpeg
58835D15-224C-45F7-BD38-95F2E4D88214 (resized).jpeg
7AAFE26D-CE2A-415B-9AE6-4E48522C117B (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

DE Laser War, when trying to change which lane is highlighted during play nothing happens when I hit the right flipper as the game states should change the selected lane for the rollover targets, also I am not able to change letters when entering initials on the high score feature, flippers both operate fine during gameplay. any and all help is appreciated thanks

#2 5 years ago

not sure on that particular game but some games have a second switch on your flipper switch that is for the lane change, check and see if there is and if it has the correct gap on it.

#3 5 years ago

there is only a single switch on each flipper, but the flipper mechanism itself looks like they both have an EOS switch on them

#4 5 years ago

The switch for lane change switch should be on the EOS switch stack for the right flipper.

#5 5 years ago

Take a pic for us while your in there.

#6 5 years ago

This is the right flipper assembly under the PF

7AAFE26D-CE2A-415B-9AE6-4E48522C117B (resized).jpeg7AAFE26D-CE2A-415B-9AE6-4E48522C117B (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago

Show us the inside of the flipper button as well. My Taxi has the lane change there.

#8 5 years ago

Right flipper switch

58835D15-224C-45F7-BD38-95F2E4D88214 (resized).jpeg58835D15-224C-45F7-BD38-95F2E4D88214 (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

Left flipper switch

E451866B-7A2F-4592-BFD0-7C84F1F6BBC8.jpegE451866B-7A2F-4592-BFD0-7C84F1F6BBC8.jpeg
#10 5 years ago

Have you done a switch test to determine if the eos lane change switches are registering?

#11 5 years ago

My P4 display is out so gotta fix that first

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

My P4 display is out so gotta fix that first

I think you only need p1 and p2 for the switch test if memory serves. Been a while though

#13 5 years ago

I can do a switch test but not sure how to figure out if it’s working or not

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

I can do a switch test but not sure how to figure out if it’s working or not

Do you have the manual? If not it's available at IPDB. There is a section on how to do it. When you are in switch test mode, close the switch manually (in this case I would simply move the flipper with my hand) and see if the corresponding number shows up on the display. (eos switches are #46 and 47 on this game)

#15 5 years ago

Yes I do and thanks I’ll try that after work

#16 5 years ago

One thing I noticed was the gap on the eos switch is pretty big. If it doesn't register when you move the flipper, close the switch manually, if it registers then, you have found the issue. Good luck!

#17 5 years ago

Good luck!

#18 5 years ago

Thanks everyone

#19 5 years ago

Found a disconnected wire on the eos switch lead, pretty sure once I re solder it that it will fix my problem

#20 5 years ago

Nice!

#21 5 years ago

That should do it!

#22 5 years ago

it fixed the lane change problem i was having and the switch is recognized during a test but found out the other EOS switch is missing the diode (smh) does anyone know what size diode to put on there as im not sure? thanks again for all the help

#23 5 years ago

1n4004

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

it fixed the lane change problem i was having and the switch is recognized during a test but found out the other EOS switch is missing the diode (smh) does anyone know what size diode to put on there as im not sure? thanks again for all the help

Terrific!

One diode fix and you're golden?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Terrific!
One diode fix and you're golden?

Pretty much lol game was in amazing shape, Guy I bought it from had it for 20 years, just gotta redo all the lights and fix/replace the P4 display and she’ll be playing 100%

#26 5 years ago

I don't know if you know this, but I have Tech Charts for all Data East games on my website.
Even the universal schematics are there at the bottom.
Just have a look at http://www.inkochnito.nl

Peter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lane-change-function-not-workinglaser-war?hl=gregh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.