(Topic ID: 115675)

Landlord not happy with my pinball machines!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jean-Luc-Picard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    coven.gif
    utlimate-bondage-device.jpg
    holder.jpg
    love rack.jpg
    OE64MwE.gif
    whoopass2.jpg
    sil03.jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

We looked at a house before that had video cameras on tripods in one of the bedrooms. My wife was instantly grossed out.

#52 9 years ago

We sold a house last year that still had renters in it. I suppose I can sympathize with the owners in your case, but there is nothing that requires you to move your stuff out to make the house more presentable (in their opinion, of course). The house will be vacant before long, anyway. It just goes with the territory that a rental property might have to be cleared before it can be sold. That's the price of having a renter. It is often the case that a rental house needs to be spruced up a bit before the sale, and that can be impossible to accomplish until it is emptied.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We looked at a house before that had video cameras on tripods in one of the bedrooms. My wife was instantly grossed out.

The poor real estate agent, what's she supposed to say? "It's nothing of a sexual nature, I assure you"?

#54 9 years ago

Dark and lonely on the summer night.
    Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
    Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
    Slip in his window,
    Break his neck!
    Then his house
    I start to wreck!
    Got no reason --
    What the heck!
    C-I-L-L ...
    My land - lord ...
    Def!

#55 9 years ago

If you are not violating any aspect of your rental agreement, then tough taters.

I would have said "THESE TOYS ARE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE".

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

But not you? lol

#57 9 years ago

I might have asked to see the videos if she hadn't been there.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The poor real estate agent, what's she supposed to say? "It's nothing of a sexual nature, I assure you"?

The current tenants, they record natural child birthing videos here.

This house is blessed.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This house is blessed.

Must be where my creepy science teacher bought his birthing videos that he showed us when I was in middle school. I am still traumatized. How can something that big, come out of something that small. Was one of my earliest childhood memories.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

That is a good idea. My issue is I feel incredibly guilty to ask my friends to help move my pins. let alone more than once. Even if I give them all a 30 pack of beer, food and some cash. I still feel guilty for asking them to help me move.

Wow! Generous. If I was local I'd be offering to move your pins all the time

As a pinhead, I am happy to help anyone move a game. Pizza and beer are just a huge bonus that comes while we are playing them after!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Wow! Generous. If I was local I'd be offering to move your pins all the time

As a pinhead, I am happy to help anyone move a game. Pizza and beer are just a huge bonus that comes while we are playing them after!

A 30 pack of beer is the new universal currency lol When I was a kid and left for college, my dad sold my 1981 VW jetta for a case of beer. No lie.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This house is blessed.

I would be more grossed out by that, lol.

Have you ever seen a kiddie pool after a woman gives birth in it?

FOREVER UNCLEEAANNNN, as Nick Kroll would say.

#63 9 years ago

IDK - I'd play hardball at this point.
    AFAIK, Landlords are only able to enter the property to perform maintenance. "pre-showing" new tenants or would-be-buyers is not usually covered as a justifyable "entry".

I'd tell her no worries about the toys... she shouldnt be in the house anyway and you're enforcing your right to privacy until your lease is up.

IE tough titty - don't enter my home again until Mar.

#64 9 years ago

ehhh, I wont miss renting. So after 3 years I accumulated 10 pins, 1 arcade cab and a full size stand up dartboard with 20'' monitor. Now that we are moving into our new house that we just purchased the landlord has decided to sell the house we are renting. However, they are upset that they cant show/sell the house until we get our Pinball Machines out of the house.
    From the agent/landlords words "we can not show the house with all these (TOYS), potential buyers will not be able to see passed them." I don't know about everyone else, but when she called my MACHINES!... TOYS! I wanted to open a can of woopass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PINBALL MACHINES ARE NOT TOYS! THEY ARE MACHINES!

whoopass2.jpg 37 KB

Tell her they are toys with dolls inside of them....Tell her when you move your toy box she can show the house. Tough luck for her. Center finger raised high to her..

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Tell her they are toys with dolls inside of them....Tell her when you move your toy box she can show the house. Tough luck for her. Center finger raised high to her..

Well, it's a good thing I already have my Action Figure collection packed. Pretty sure they would think they are dolls. They are ACTION FIGURES not DOLLS!!!! lol I guess I do have a lot of Man Child things. Pinball "toys", Action Figures. Oh and Comic books. Yeah don't think I will ever grow up. I assume that goes for pretty much everyone in the forum ahha.

#66 9 years ago

Tell him you will need his help this weekend to move them into storage ... That ought to shut him up.

#67 9 years ago

The last thing you need right now (when you're moving) is a pushy landlord insisting you keep things nice and tidy for dozens of unwelcome visitors at all odd hours. You have no vested interest in the sale and no reason to cooperate with showings. They did you a favor by deeming the place unfit for showings. Make it clear you'll be moving the "toys" last and you do not want to be disturbed.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The last thing you need right now (when you're moving) is a pushy landlord insisting you keep things nice and tidy for dozens of unwelcome visitors at all odd hours. You have no vested interest in the sale and no reason to cooperate with showings. They did you a favor by deeming the place unfit for showings.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Once again, pinball saves the day

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

IDK - I'd play hardball at this point.
    AFAIK, Landlords are only able to enter the property to perform maintenance. "pre-showing" new tenants or would-be-buyers is not usually covered as a justifyable "entry".
    I'd tell her no worries about the toys... she shouldnt be in the house anyway and you're enforcing your right to privacy until your lease is up.
    IE tough titty - don't enter my home again until Mar.

Thats not true at all, at least with most leases. My standard lease allows me to show the property with notice...actually it states I can go into the property whenever I deem necessary (but I never would just show up unless there was an emergency, I respect my tenants privacy)

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just say you enjoy the technical challenges of repairing them

How about telling her to go F-off.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Thats not true at all, at least with most leases. My standard lease allows me to show the property with notice...actually it states I can go into the property whenever I deem necessary (but I never would just show up unless there was an emergency, I respect my tenants privacy)

Must be different here in TX. The Landlords have most of the rights; but entering the property for "any reason" isn't one of them IIRC. Here if you enter the property; you have to give notice... unless it's an emergency where you must post that you were there.

I'd be funking pissed my my landlord wanted a clean house so they could show the property. I'd make it a point of keeping it dirty.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I can't say I'd suggest that since I'm not typically rude to people, even if they happen to be rude with me first.

#73 9 years ago

let them pay for professional movers to put them in storage, and a couple months storage rent.
    (when they look at the expense theyre gonna decline the idea real quick anyway)

#74 9 years ago

How rude like the owner selling their house and not liking your furniture is your problem. The best thing about getting your own house is never having to move those pins again.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

let them pay for professional movers to put them in storage, and a couple months storage rent.
    (when they look at the expense theyre gonna decline the idea real quick anyway)

You beat me to it. This is a fair compromise. If they want them all out sooner they should foot the bill for moving and storage.

#76 9 years ago

Other side of the coin.

I had a tenant who arbitrarily decided to start operating a motorbike mechanic service out of the main room of one of our residential properties.

The bike would be wheeled in through the front door and dismantled whilst parked on the living room carpet.

He was actually shocked when I withheld the bond and took him to the residential tenancies tribunal for restitution.

Having said that a few pinball machines is nothing for a landlord to get too upset about.

#77 9 years ago

Congrats on the new house. Please tell me we haven't got to the stage where people are getting offended that non believers are calling our planks toys?

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Congrats on the new house. Please tell me we haven't got to the stage where people are getting offended that non believers are calling our planks toys?

MACHINES!!!! lol

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Non-believers? lol

Ah yes, we are all proud members of the cult of pinball. Let us play. May wizard mode befall you in the days ahead. Now, go forth and spread the good word that is pinball.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Non-believers? lol
    Ah yes, we are all proud members of the cult of pinball. Let us play. May wizard mode befall you in the days ahead. Now, go forth and spread the good word that is pinball.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't say I'd suggest that since I'm not typically rude to people, even if they happen to be rude with me first.

I wouldn't say that either, I was just venting. I am customer oriented and even when I have to deal with someone I stay calm. When there is someone at my house and they think they are toys, they change their whole thought on them when they find out how much these toys cost. And than all of a sudden they are interested in them.

#82 9 years ago

When I decided to sell my house, I was kinda paranoid about what the potential buyers would think of 15 pinball machines downstairs in the basement. The real estate agent stated I should put a sign saying "please do not touch", but I thought that was kinda rude so I said "no". After all, the pins did take up a lot of space and I didn't want the potential buyers to think that the basement (or extra living space) was too small.

The real estate agent showed my house to the first couple and they put a offer in on the house, which we accepted an offer (2) days later from the same couple. Ended up the couple loved the pinball machines (along with my other nerd stuff) and even asked if we could leave the pool table. A lot of "closet" pinball fans out there!

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'd be funking pissed my my landlord wanted a clean house so they could show the property. I'd make it a point of keeping it dirty.

Ugh, my landlord in college came into my house, unannounced AT NIGHT TIME to show it off to potential tenants. No notice at all. I was sleeping and he just brought them up to the bedroom turned the lights on without knocking. Acted like I wasn't there.

He is lucky I'm not a gun owner.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I was sleeping and he just brought them up to the bedroom turned the lights on without knocking. Acted like I wasn't there.

I would have pretended to still be sleeping and blasted out the largest fart I could muster.

#85 9 years ago

Must be where my creepy science teacher bought his birthing videos that he showed us when I was in middle school. I am still traumatized. How can something that big, come out of something that small. Was one of my earliest childhood memories.

A friend of mine had photos of his mom giving birth lining the hallway outside his bedroom. That went over well when we were teenagers.

#86 9 years ago

ehhh, I wont miss renting. So after 3 years I accumulated 10 pins, 1 arcade cab and a full size stand up dartboard with 20'' monitor. Now that we are moving into our new house that we just purchased the landlord has decided to sell the house we are renting. However, they are upset that they cant show/sell the house until we get our Pinball Machines out of the house.
    From the agent/landlords words "we can not show the house with all these (TOYS), potential buyers will not be able to see passed them." I don't know about everyone else, but when she called my MACHINES!... TOYS! I wanted to open a can of woopass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PINBALL MACHINES ARE NOT TOYS! THEY ARE MACHINES!

whoopass2.jpg 37 KB

Maybe you can turn this around to your advantage. Since you already have the house, offer to accommodate the landlord and move the pins immediately, if the landlord will cover the cost of the movers. You may be able to get your heavy machines moved for you for free.

#87 9 years ago

With all the issues that come with buying a house this is not one to sweat.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinsideTroll:

offer them a tissue

A tissue for the issue? Or some cheese with their whine? Or, perhaps call the whaaambulance.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I would have pretended to still be sleeping and blasted out the largest fart I could muster.

You can do that on demand? That is more impressive than your restoration knowledge.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

You can do that on demand? That is more impressive than your restoration knowledge.

I'm sure any good bum trumpet is always kept finely tuned and at the ready.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

It's really my only talent.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/landlord-not-happy-with-my-pinball-machines/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.