9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a Who Dunnit yesterday. When I power it up all the inserts work but are maybe a bit dim. After a minute or so they grow dimmer and then about 90% go out. The ones left vary each time but tend to be located on a particular light board as opposed to a particular row/column on the lamp matrix.

Sounds like the power supply is dying but I am embarrassed to say I don't quite know what I should look at hence I would appreciate any advice!

Cheers

#2 9 years ago

OK played with it some more and the 18v test point reads 18v so it must be something downstream from there I think?

#3 9 years ago

I may well figure this out on my own if I keep this up... So the test point is 18v but J137 is not showing anything so whatever it is must be between the testpoint and J137 and would have to affect everything so not a transistor... Sound right? I need to pull out a schematic

#6 9 years ago

I need to pick up a logic probe I have been getting help from a friend with one on another game so I actually get what you are saying Chris thanks!

I did a quick check this morni\ing reseating the connectors and it may have resolved the issue, lights stayed on for about 1/2 hour before I had to go to work. It never made it more than a couple minutes before. But it could be because it was a bit cooler too. I will give it a more thorough test later on today.

Thanks for the help!

#7 9 years ago

Had it going for an hour and a half and all good. Calling it resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamps-fade-out-after-power-up-on-who-dunnit?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.