4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by weeze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

service-dog-memes-always-bring-out-the-smiles-14 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

There's no problem going with incandescents. I personally prefer the warmer light of the incandescent bulbs.

I would recommend using #47 bulbs since they put off less heat than #44 bulbs. I personally am not a fan of LEDs in older games (generally), and as long as the game isn't going on route there really shouldn't be anything to worry about there. Only thing i would do is make sure your general illumination connectors are good...replace pins etc as necessary for long term reliability.

Get the cleaning stick and the sockets. Bally's from that era are well known for crappy lamp sockets so get plenty of them. Still might be able to use the cleaning stick anyway, so for a few bucks extra why not.

Good luck, Mystic is a cool game!

#6 4 years ago

Couldn't be too much more money, right? I'd probably go with them, though it's honestly hard to say if there's a big enough difference between those and the generic alternatives to warrant it. If anything just buy more than you need since your likely to run into a couple that are DOA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamps-and-sockets?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.