4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

U10  pin 13 driver board TAF (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

So I'm having an issue with three rows out on my taf (using a seigecraft lamp test board here so the issue is on the board)...Checking the Tip 102's three are not lighting up on my logic probe. So when I go back to the 74LS74 I'm checking the outputs at the ones that are working to confirm against the three that are not right...I get to U10 pin 13, I get nothing. (although this is not control the transistor that's giving me a problem) Schematic shows pin 13 connected to pin 1 via board trace. I check all my other 74's and they're all connected (ohm/continuity check) and giving an output. So I had replaced these with sockets and now I'm thinking I screwed up the trace somehow and now I remove the socket again only to find that pin 13 goes nowhere...just simply a single trace on the board both sides? Anyone have any idea how this is? The lm339 in this circuit is an overvoltage cut off correct? How do I determine if its shutting off the 74LS74?

#2 4 years ago

With power off try reseating the short/wide ribbon cable on both ends that connects at the MPU and at the driver board. Sometimes when you have multiple things out like 3 rows of lamps, you may just be missing a signal coming from the MPU.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

I remove the socket again only to find that pin 13 goes nowhere.

On the driver board, U10 pin 13 is also tied to U10 pin 1, U11 pin 1 and U11 pin 13.
    U10  pin 13 driver board TAF (resized).pngU10 pin 13 driver board TAF (resized).png

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

With power off try reseating the short/wide ribbon cable on both ends that connects at the MPU and at the driver board. Sometimes when you have multiple things out like 3 rows of lamps, you may just be missing a signal coming from the MPU.

I'll give it a look in the morning....

#5 4 years ago

Hoping for a good result.

#6 4 years ago

Yes that was the issue...two end pins on the mpu were just slightly bent, I'm guessing they weren't making contact...all is well now....Thanks gents...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-matrix-issue-wpc-89?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.