5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BrewNinja
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm having an issue with my lamp matrix on my Shadow. I have columns 1 and 6 outputting at the same time. If I flash a single bulb in 1, it lights the corresponding in 6, and vice versa. I disconnected the lamp harness and tested at the board, and found the board is outputting to both pins at the same time, so I know the board is the issue. I'm not sure where to go next though. Would it be the chip before the transistors, or something before that chip? I have a logic probe and multimeter, but no scope (well I have one, but I don't know if it works or how to use it yet, got it used).

Also, I tried finding a schematic for the WPC89/S driver board, and it seems like its only available as a purchase. Is that truly the case? I'm not opposed to buying one, but I prefer digital copies usually (so I always have access to it). Does one of the other games have it included?

Any ideas on where to look next would be appreciated. Thanks!

#3 5 years ago

Jackpot! Thanks schudel5

If anyone has an idea the best place to start, Id be appreciative.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the link dumbass. I had read that one, but for some reason glossed over how the controlled lamps actually function. Was super helpful. I had traced back the 2 columns being triggered to U19, but didnt know if it was U18 or U19 that was bad, so ordered both. I pulled out the board and flipped it over, and boom. Someone had dropped a huge glob of solder over like 5 contacts. WTF. Replaced both U18 and U19, and everything worked great after that. Appreciate the help!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-matrix-help?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.