By polyacanthus

1 month ago

Stats

• Started 1 month ago
  • 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by Quench

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 40 days ago

Hey guys, weird one here. Played a few games on my Star Trek tonight and the B rollover lamp is out all the time and the lower Y target lamp is lit opposite when it should be (off before hit, on after hit). Both lamps flash correctly during the test. Scoring is correct.

Seems like a logic issue. Is my ROM chip going or something?

#2 40 days ago

Following.

#3 39 days ago

Did you by any chance tinker with anything on the game before this problem started happening?
Are any other lamps behaving strangely?

When the ROMs are going bad, the MPU board will fail the first test on power up and not start. ROMs aren't your problem.

#4 39 days ago

The last thing I worked on was the lamp driver board, replaced three SCRs to fix other lamps that were out completely. Those are good now. While I was there I replaced J1 and J3 headers. But these other lamps were fine for probably 10 games after that before they went wacky. It seems like it has to be a logic issue somewhere since they both blink fine on the diagnostic.

#5 39 days ago

Maybe a couple of wires got switched around on one of the lamp board's connectors?

Check the manual and make sure they are in the correct places.

#6 39 days ago

You just worked on the lamp board and now have some weird lamp issues - - - I think I see the relationship here....

Quoted from polyacanthus:

The last thing I worked on was the lamp driver board, replaced three SCRs to fix other lamps that were out completely. Those are good now. While I was there I replaced J1 and J3 headers. But these other lamps were fine for probably 10 games after that before they went wacky. It seems like it has to be a logic issue somewhere since they both blink fine on the diagnostic.

#7 39 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe a couple of wires got switched around on one of the lamp board's connectors?
Check the manual and make sure they are in the correct places.

Good thought but I've checked that. As I said the Y lamp even changes when its target is hit, it just changes to the opposite of what it should be!

#8 39 days ago

Sounds like you have the Y target lamp connected to the output for the center Y lamp which lights in the opposite state.
Check and confirm these wire colors at the lamp board connectors:

J1-24 "B lane lamp" Wire color code 50 = White
J1-25 "Y target lamp" Wire color code 90 = Grey
J3-18 "Y center lamp" Wire color code 56 = White/Brown

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 140.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Centreville, VA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 21.00

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.