Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by _KIRK_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TERRAHAWKS-poster-800px_grande (resized).jpg
    LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    phantasm3 (resized).jpg
    phantasm1 (resized).jpg
    24de0ea1_uELXo (resized).jpg
    Twb4gx81BJ-and-the-Bear21 (resized).jpg
    722B3313-63BF-4B20-B37E-EB0CCDE6A2BD (resized).jpeg
    teddyruxpin-e (resized).png
    zathura_by_joeyhellman-d4ayc5u1.jpg
    TheGooniesSlot.jpeg
    g (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    cebd8c1b5bbe20277a8583cdb979f5cc--gi-joe-gourmet.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

I would hazard a guess the OP is not clamoring for a new Elvira pinball in 2018.

I have a hard time believing anyone is.

But after being on this forum for a while and reading what some people are clamoring for, it's not that surprising.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But after being on this forum for a while and reading what some people are clamoring for, it's not that surprising.

Exhibit A:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread

#53 6 years ago

Since Batman 66 has scratched my major nostalgic itch, the only thing left would be a Spaghetti Western themed pin with Ennio Morriconi music.

#54 6 years ago

This is exactly why there isn't much creativity in pinball today. Pinside has too much to do with what gets done and what doesn't. And the staff here doesn't help at all by shuffling some ideas straight to the basement and lets what they think are OK stay on the main page.

When a few make the decisions for the many, the creative force dies.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

To me, Big Trouble in Little China was only mediocre even in the 80s, has no cult-classic qualities.

I remember liking it as a kid in the 80s, and watched it again after listening to this podcast: https://www.moviecrush.show/podcasts/kyle-kinane-big-trouble-in-little-china.htm

I have to say, it still makes me smile and I enjoyed it.

#56 6 years ago

Funny this thread should pop up when just today I have seen ( by an Olympic mile) the oddest request for a pin. Jethro Tull..? Like really..?

#57 6 years ago

Pin is in the name . I loved this guy when I was a kid

teddyruxpin-e (resized).pngteddyruxpin-e (resized).png

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I have seen ( by an Olympic mile) the oddest request for a pin. Jethro Tull..? Like really..?

Yeah well, believe it or not some of us didn't have our childhoods in the 80s, and are not demanding every new pinball machine be a throwback to the 80s.

And believe it or not the 80s were not that great.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, believe it or not some of us didn't have our childhoods in the 80s, and are not demanding every new pinball machine be a throwback to the 80s.

Jethro Tull though..?

#60 6 years ago

Jethro Tull though..?

Given the choices we have as of late as far a music themed games, I think it would be great. Unlike those other bands, I can still listen to Tull and I'm sure I'm not alone.

But apparently somebody in charge around here doesn't.

#61 6 years ago

Is this gonna get ugly, now? Huh? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, thematic differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old friends. You know, just both of us pinballers.

#62 6 years ago

It's just the way it should be. One guy says he likes an idea and another says it sucks. Just another episode of as the pinside turns.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Pin is in the name . I loved this guy when I was a kid

And just like Teddy Ruxpin, a pinball machine always breaks.

#64 6 years ago

Good Times, the Pinball Machine. It’s dyn-no-miiiite!

722B3313-63BF-4B20-B37E-EB0CCDE6A2BD (resized).jpeg722B3313-63BF-4B20-B37E-EB0CCDE6A2BD (resized).jpeg

#65 6 years ago

blockquote cite="#4204565">Good Times, the Pinball Machine. It’s dyn-no-miiiite!"

It's been done. We're looking for fresh themes.......

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=750

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

We're looking for fresh themes.......

Oh, this is just another thread loaded with those.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

blockquote cite="#4204565">Good Times, the Pinball Machine. It’s dyn-no-miiiite!"
    It's been done. We're looking for fresh themes.......
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=750

Clearly you don't know what Good Times is.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And believe it or not the 80s were not that great

You take that back!

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

You take that back!

OK. The 80s were a good time to work your ass off and make some decent money. And along with that came some fancy haired women.

At the same time it was very amusing to see what kids at the time found entertaining because what we had grown up with was so much better. From cartoons, to movies, and toys, kids in the 80s were being spoon fed an enormous amount of crap compared to the quality of what we had grown up with.

Is that better?

#70 6 years ago

There are lots of nostalgic themes that many people would consider lame, and I would love the hell out of them:

Voltron
    He-man
    Thundercats
    Astro Boy
    Smirfs
    Battlestar Galactica
    The Last Starfighter
    Johnny Five
    Flight of the Navigator

All of the above bring back memories of my 80's childhood. What a time that was.

#71 6 years ago

You just affirmed my point.

We had

Spiderman
    Fantastic 4
    Hot Wheels
    Thunderbirds
    Star Trek
    Skateboards
    Batman
    Lancelot Link
    The Monkees
    Toys that really shoot and other dangerous things...

This list could go on....

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is that better?

No

#73 6 years ago

Maybe the Flight of the Navigator pinball would time-travel you eight years into the future when 90s nostalgia is the thing and we get pins with Limp Bizkit and Marvin the Martian.

#74 6 years ago

I'd trade a six demon bag for a Big Trouble in Little China pin. Wind, Fire, all that kind of thing. Cheers!

#75 6 years ago

Who loves you and who do you love?

The RUNNING MAN!

Game on!

#76 6 years ago

Munsters!

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Whoa whoa whoa......

Stop.right.there.

Twb4gx81BJ-and-the-Bear21 (resized).jpgTwb4gx81BJ-and-the-Bear21 (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago

I'd love an 80's themed game, original and awesome!!!!
    just like many games from the early 80s

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's fine and all...but have any pinball machines been throwbacks to the 80s? Go ahead and list a few to jog my memory.

GB is 100% lock. I guess you might say Metallica is, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anymore.
    EDIT: Unless you mean in the early 90s but I don;t think everyone was asking for them then.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's fine and all...but have any pinball machines been throwbacks to the 80s?

Can't keep track, but it seems 99% of the pinside requested themes are.

When I look back on the late 60s and early to mid 70s it was so much fun, that the TV shows or what have you were just a bonus. I have no need for another pinball machine themed after any of it. But if they must, Jethro Tull would be cool.

#81 6 years ago

Captain Kangaroo

H.R. Pufnstuf

Romper Room

Wacky Races

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's fine and all...but have any pinball machines been throwbacks to the 80s? Go ahead and list a few to jog my memory.
    GB is 100% lock. I guess you might say Metallica is, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anymore.
    EDIT: Unless you mean in the early 90s but I don;t think everyone was asking for them then.

SW is 2/3’s 80s.

GOTG is a current movie theme, but the movie itself was based on 80s IP. Same for Transformers and Tron.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

SW is 2/3’s 80s.
    GOTG is a current movie theme, but the movie itself was based on 80s IP. Same for Transformers and Tron.

SW is close enough I'll count that.... But I'm not taking GOTG. just looking it up there isn't much 80s aboot it? Started in 69, came back in 70s etc...?
    I'll always have a problem with Tron & Transformers. Transformers clearly had nothing to do with awesome Transformers of the 80s...I don't know how anyone fell for that one as the movies it's based on a universally hated. Tron is closer for sure though

#84 6 years ago

I have a Unicron that is basically begging to become a maniacal bash toy rising up from the center of the old Space Invaders playfield in my garage...

#85 6 years ago

And here I thought this thread was going to be all about me.... So disappointed.

#86 6 years ago

I love my Ghostbusters, I just want two more nostalgic titles-BTTF & Jaws. After that they need to cut the nostalgic cord and go with non-licensed unique games for 2020 and beyond. I have a five year old son that I am reliving my childhood through, I need to show him all the classics.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

You take that back!

I had a blast at all and any arcade. ShowBiz, Chucky, Celebration Station, Aladins Castle, Tilt as well as mini put places . Token specials , get to know workers there ( heres a few free games)

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

"It's all in the reflexes." Drops the mic.

You mean- "It's all in the relexes." Drops the knife.

#89 6 years ago

24de0ea1_uELXo (resized).jpg24de0ea1_uELXo (resized).jpg

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey, Scared Stiff is an all time classic! Stern is awesome at redoing classic themes, just look what they did with Indiana Jones...oh.

#91 6 years ago

a better looking transformers pin g1
    with lcd screen and 3d sculpted cool g1 transformers

#92 6 years ago

Here's lame nostalgia for you: Using the likenesses of famous dead people and not having to pay for it.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=883&picno=849

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I have a five year old son that I am reliving my childhood through, I need to show him all the classics.

And a fine boy he is! You are welcome to bring him back anytime to play all the classics.

#94 6 years ago

The Son of Dundee trailer from down under is going to get a run during Superbowl in a few days time.

Is it real or not? You be the judge.

#95 6 years ago

It "appears" to be an ad for the super bowl.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from _KIRK_:

I'd like to see:
    Jaws.
    Cannonball Run.
    Planet of the Apes (original movie).
    Vincent Price (various movie mash-up)
    The Omen.
    Alfred Hitchcock (various movie mash-up)
    20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (original movie)
    '30s gangster/noir movie (all black and white)
    Shogun Warriors
    Zoltan: Fortune Teller
    The Ramones
    Logan's Run (movie, not TV show)
    The Thing (Kurt Russel version)
    The Warriors (lots of great gang modes)
    Mad Max (original movie)
    Blues Brothers
    An American Werewolf in London (I didn't mean to call you meatloaf, Jack!)
    Lost Boys (vampires, not Peter Pan)

Man a Cannonball Run with a big Reynold's stache would get my money

#97 6 years ago

Lancelot Link Secret Chimp!

#98 6 years ago

Jethro Tull though..?

obviously you know little about Jethro Tull music and just how popular his band was. I'd like to see it or pin based on Uriah Heaps music would b great.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

Man a Cannonball Run with a big Reynold's stache would get my money

+1

#100 6 years ago

to me this seems like a slam dunk and other than legal/licensing issues preventing it:

Phantasm.

I mean it has silver sphere's that fly around in the movies. Lots of material to utilize, tall man call outs that can be lifted from the movies (RIP Angus Scrimm), teleportation gags... jawa esq barrel locking system... lots of possibilities for an awesome game.

phantasm1 (resized).jpgphantasm1 (resized).jpg

phantasm3 (resized).jpgphantasm3 (resized).jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lame-nostalgic-themes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.